Module Classes

Everything to do with Joomla! 4.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
4thdesign1
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Module Classes

Post by 4thdesign1 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:06 pm

Forgive me but i am having a devil of a job to find information using the search function on this site and there is nothing in the documentation that i can find but..........

What are the module classes? For example, I have a "Latest photos" module setup on my site and I would like to possibly change the look of it by using a module class. In J4, there is no help inline about this, and as mentioned, I cannot find information about what classes to type in there.

Can someone point me in the right direction, i would be very grateful for assistance with this.

Thanks

Pavel-ww
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Module Classes

Post by Pavel-ww » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:42 am

4thdesign1 wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:06 pm
Can someone point me in the right direction, i would be very grateful for assistance with this.
Hi.

Classes of modules are usually used by developers of third -party templates and indicate them in the documentation. But in connection with the rapid development of framework-templates and page builders, this practice is outdated. At least over the past five years, I have not met templates indicating the classes of modules.

In Cassiopea you can use only one additional appearance. And this is achieved not by the module class, but by choosing a module layout. With "Card" module layout you get appearance of bootstrap card component. If you need your own appearance, select "noCard" module layout, add your unique class name in module settings (with space before) and use this class in your custom css code to make appearance you want

Diesel__
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Diesel__ » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:44 am

Hi!
You can add unique module class if you edit this module an go Advanced tab.
Then create your style this class in user.css

ceford
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by ceford » Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:14 am

In the module Advanced tab you can use your own styles entered in the template user.css file, which you create yourself, or you can use Bootstrap styles, which are summarised here:

https://domorewithcore.com/bs5/classes.html

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 4.x”