Changing Color Help - New on J4

Everything to do with Joomla! 4.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Dragon41673
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Changing Color Help - New on J4

Post by Dragon41673 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:42 pm

Long story short, I'm behind on updating to J4 due to family medical issues & a couple deaths in the family. As such I'm just getting into it, and have most of the issues resolved, but some lingering "changing of colors" is driving me nuts and my template company RocketTheme isn't responding to help requests.

So here goes...hopefully someone here can help. I've got a dark theme on my site and the areas where I need to change colors I just cannot figure out. This is all on a closed test site, not publicly accessible. Pictures are attached for all issues...none of this was like this on my J3 live site, so I'm guessing changes are inherent to J4 somehow. Issue areas, as well as where I found how to change it are highlighted in RED BOXES.

#1 - Login Form
The current login screen shows a white box. I used the inspect tool to find what needs to be changed, but I cannot figure out how to change it permanently on the site.

Before Login Change
Before Login Change.png
After Login Change
After Login Change.png
Also...I have some lettering color changes as well as more white box changes...

Lettering Color 1 Change
Letter Color.png
Lettering Color 2 & White Box Change
Letter Color 2.png

Now my best guess here is that I will need to update the "custom.scss" file for my RocketTheme template, but again...they are dead silent for help, so I'm at a bit of a loss in trying to get this completed.

Any help would be appreciated...thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by toivo on Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved from 4.x General Questions

Pavel-ww
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Changing Color Help - New on J4

Post by Pavel-ww » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:29 am

Hi. Your template should have a documentation in which you can find out where your custom css code should be added. If your template is built on some framework, then you need to look at the documentation of this framework.

No one can help you without the name of the template or framework. In each template, it works differently.

The main operation is - you set up the color using Dev Tools. Then copy the full rule from Dev Tools (right click > copy rule) and paste it to the file specified in the template documentation.

UPD: I saw on one of the screenshots that your template was built on the Gantry 5 framework. You should look at the Gantry 5 documentation. Or ask support on Gantry 5 website.
1.jpg
I do not know Gantry 5 because I do not like it. Maybe someone else who know Gantry 5 can give an exact advice here...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dragon41673
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Dragon41673 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:55 pm

Pavel-ww wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:29 am
Hi. Your template should have a documentation in which you can find out where your custom css code should be added. If your template is built on some framework, then you need to look at the documentation of this framework.
It does...but it doesn't cover any of this as things changed with J4

Pavel-ww wrote:
No one can help you without the name of the template or framework. In each template, it works differently.
Kraken

Pavel-ww wrote:
The main operation is - you set up the color using Dev Tools. Then copy the full rule from Dev Tools (right click > copy rule) and paste it to the file specified in the template documentation.
Those tools change many other things on the template, I've already tried, and that is why I came here. These are J4 related changes that are not present on J3.

Pavel-ww wrote:
UPD: I saw on one of the screenshots that your template was built on the Gantry 5 framework. You should look at the Gantry 5 documentation. Or ask support on Gantry 5 website.
1.jpg
It is...but again, things changed due to the install of J4, and I am unable to figure out how to change these things.

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by gws » Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:54 pm

Dragon41673
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Dragon41673 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:17 pm

gws wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:54 pm
See https://docs.gantry.org/gantry5/tutoria ... tyle-sheet. Good for J4
Yes...I know about that, what I'm asking is what strings is it that need to be updated. I'm not a professional at this, I'm still learning and being thrown into J4 is really kicking my butt

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by gws » Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:23 pm

Are you aware of Dev tools? Most modern browsers have this built in. Right click on the web page area you want to know about and choose inspect.
Sorry I see you have used it earlier in the post.

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by gws » Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:33 pm

I just had a quick look at Kraken on Rockettheme ,no where does it say it is for J4,the last update was long before the release of J4.

Dragon41673
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Dragon41673 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:37 pm

gws wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:33 pm
I just had a quick look at Kraken on Rockettheme ,no where does it say it is for J4,the last update was long before the release of J4.
It is J4 compliant...see the attached picture
Kraken.jpg

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by gws » Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:25 pm

It hasn't been updated since late 2021.
screen-dump.jpg

Dragon41673
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Dragon41673 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:51 pm

gws wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:25 pm
It hasn't been updated since late 2021.
screen-dump.jpg
And is states right there it is compliant with Joomla 4. The above listed issues are the only problems I have at this time, and I know they can be fixed...I just lack the expert knowledge on how to do it. All these issues came up due to the update to J4.

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 4.x”