CSS Help Needed - Cassiopeia

Everything to do with Joomla! 4.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Phala
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: CSS Help Needed - Cassiopeia

Post by Phala » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:08 am

Pawel-we, ok, noted, but…

I’ve read lot of page and guide, but cannot find what I’m looking for…

I mean, I’ve installed the QuickStart package, and now I cannot modify what I would like, like for example, the text beside the image in home
page.
IMG_2502.jpeg
I’ve selected Joomla, because I was convinced that everything, more or less could have been managed “visually”, so adjust/modify everything you need in the front/back end, but it’s not like this, you must have also knowledge of html and css, and this is not really user friendly…

Thanks

Paolo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pavel-ww
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Pavel-ww » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:21 am

Phala wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:08 am
I’ve selected Joomla, because I was convinced that everything, more or less could have been managed “visually”
Hi. There is no CMS where it would be completely possible. Any template has default restrictions. If you do not have knowledge, you cannot go beyond the template's "frame" and must use it as it is, simply replacing the existing content with your, with the same volume, size and proportions.

Any exit beyond the template's "frame" requires at least CSS/HTML knowledge, and at the maximum, add to this JS/PHP knowledge.

Phala
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Phala » Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:01 am

Pavel-ww wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:21 am

…you cannot go beyond the template's "frame" and must use it as it is, simply replacing the existing content with your, with the same volume, size and proportions.
Yes, agree, this is indeed what I’m trying to do: replace image and text, but I cannot find, especially for text, where I have to looks…

Thanks

Paolo

Pavel-ww
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Pavel-ww » Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:52 am

Phala wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:01 am
but I cannot find, especially for text, where I have to looks…
If we are tallking about this area...
1.jpg
...this does not belong to Helix, but belongs to SP Page Builder component. If you plan to have SP Page Builder on board, you also need to study its documentation.

Go to the Components > SP Page Builder > Pages > Home page (Default). There you will find the text and ect
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Phala
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Phala » Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:36 pm

Good evening Pawl-ww, and thank you again.

Found it and started to play: very helpful.

One question: where was I supposed to find this info you provided me? I guess if you are writing a guide for this template you should have mentioned...but I didn't found it...

Thanks again

Paolo

Pavel-ww
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Pavel-ww » Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:38 am

Phala wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:36 pm
One question: where was I supposed to find this info you provided me? I guess if you are writing a guide for this template you should have mentioned...but I didn't found it...
Hi. Here is

joomshaper.com/documentation/helix-framework
joomshaper.com/documentation/sp-page-builder

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 4.x”