Template installs, but content not imported

Everything to do with Joomla! 4.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Lizbit
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Template installs, but content not imported

Post by Lizbit » Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:20 pm

With the release and install of J4, my existing template, which was created with Aristeer, was no longer compatible on my Joomla site. I subscribed to NicePage, which is a relation to the now discontinued Artisteer. I've created a template and, from the back end of Joomla, installed it. As I've been working on the tempate off-line and tweaking, I continue to install my progress until I have it right. Until last night, I was able to also import the content along with the template. However, now I am able install the template, but receive an error (no code, just text) that the content did not import. My template software developer also attempted on their end - but received the error 500.

I've been searching for possible causes and solutions - to no avail.

Anyone else have this issue or know what could be preventing Joomla from importing my content all of a sudden? It was importing until just recently.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Template installs, but content not imported

Post by toivo » Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:46 pm

Lizbit wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:20 pmHowever, now I am able install the template, but receive an error (no code, just text) that the content did not import.
Which content do you mean?

Lizbit wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:20 pmAnyone else have this issue or know what could be preventing Joomla from importing my content all of a sudden?
This sounds like a feature or an option or a feature in Nicepage, not Joomla, doesn't it?

More information is required. Go to the Server tab of the Global Configuration and set 'Error Reporting' to 'Maximum'. Go to the Logging tab and set the option 'Log Almost Everything', then select the Debug option in the System tab. This combination will display detailed error messages, showing the script and the line number where the error occured plus a call stack. The details will also be written into the log file in administrator/logs/everything.php. Repeat what you wanted to do with Nicepage and post the relevant messages here for advice.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Lizbit
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Lizbit » Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:34 am

Toivo,

The content that did not import with the template would be any photos assigned in post locations, a video, and the home page that has the layouts that were created in Nicepage. NP responded - they were able to make it work on their own server, but once they accessed my admin to test it, they also got a fail. My ISP is working on it. Since the time that I posted this on the forum, it is beginning to look like conflicting NP files (mainly, the menus), and not Joomla related. Problem not solved, but I think it's in my hands and my ISP's hands - it's most likely not related to Joomla.

Thank you for the instrutions above on error reporting; it was already set to Max and logging. I'll post back here with the results as my ISP and I work on this.

Thank you for responding so quickly and thoroughly.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:39 am

Cheers, and thank you for the update!

Lizbit
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Lizbit » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:28 pm

While my ISP looks into the template issue, I have just discovered a Joomla error. May I add it here in my existing thread?

Main Menu has links to single articles. They seem to be working, with exception to one - which is odd. It's the same type menu as the others. This is the error I receive when I click a menu link to a particular article (see below). I have confirmed the article is still there - same file name - I didn't change anything with it.

An error has occurred while processing your request.

You may not be able to visit this page because of:

an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
a mistyped address
a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
you have no access to this page

0 Class "JApplication" not found

Lizbit
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Lizbit » Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:38 pm

Toivo,

My ISP did a site restore from the date before all the error messages, and all problems seem to have cleared up. I would like to keep this thread open for a week or so if possible, until I move my site to the live location. Would that be acceptable? My template still is not functioning as it should - there is a possibility I will have more questions.

Thank you for the assists! You've been at this for years. I hope someday I can help someone with their problem as you have helped so many of us with ours.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:47 pm

Lizbit wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:38 pmI would like to keep this thread open for a week or so if possible, until I move my site to the live location
No problems, we will keep this topic unresolved until we hear from you.

Lizbit wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:38 pmYou've been at this for years. I hope someday I can help someone with their problem as you have helped so many of us with ours.
Cheers. Joomla and Open Source has been great to work with and still lots of fun every day.

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 4.x”