Advertisement

Google doesn't show my photos in search results next to the blog/article posts Joomla 4 platform

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 4.x. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 4.x extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
slavahere
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Google doesn't show my photos in search results next to the blog/article posts Joomla 4 platform

Post by slavahere » Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:05 am

I've been experiencing an issue with my Joomla 4 website where the photos I upload are not appearing in Google Search results next to my articles and texts. I've ensured that the images are properly optimized and have relevant alt text. The site is also indexed correctly by Google, and other content appears in search results without any problems. However, none of the photos show up in Google Images.

Very frustrated, please help!

Advertisement
gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Google doesn't show my photos in search results next to the blog/article posts Joomla 4 platform

Post by gws » Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:58 am

Why do you think this is a joomla problem?

slavahere
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Google doesn't show my photos in search results next to the blog/article posts Joomla 4 platform

Post by slavahere » Tue Jun 04, 2024 5:48 am

Thank for the reply,

i tried all the methods, maybe I should turn some options on? what do you think?

thank you

Pavel-ww
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Pavel-ww » Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:50 am

slavahere wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 5:48 am Thank for the reply,

i tried all the methods, maybe I should turn some options on? what do you think?

thank you
Hi. All you can do on your part, you have already done. Further, just wait. Indexing is not a quick process and depends on Google algorithms, which are classified to avoid abuses.

Just in case, make sure that the images folder is not prohibited from indexing in robots.txt

slavahere
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by slavahere » Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:06 am

Pavel thank you so much for help and your time, i will try to check it!

p.s when i had the previous version of joomla before the upgrage to the 4th version , everything was indexed just fine!

just to make sure , the " intro image" should be the one scanned by google?

Leftfield
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by Leftfield » Thu Jun 20, 2024 5:42 pm

Hey mate. sorry for my now-erased post.

You have the main option - make: og:image in the head like here: https://ogp.me/

I am using that to serve images I don't have on my website. (Take a look at the source of my homepage for an example)

The other choices I am making to help Google find images are a sitemap just for images (on websites with products or, for example, for photographs) and implementing JSON-LD or HTML microdata. The last two I am never ever mixing together.

Once again, sorry for my deleted post.
SEO & SEM Manager https://vujosevic.com/

Advertisement

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 4.x”