How to eliminate render blocking in Joomla 4? Topic is solved

Discussion regarding Joomla! 4.x Performance issues.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Post Reply
User avatar
rikaryo
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:56 pm
Location: Brazil
Contact:

How to eliminate render blocking in Joomla 4?

Post by rikaryo » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:13 pm

Friends I wanted to know if someone can give me a tip on how to block rendering in Joomla 4? I have sites that are suffering a lot from this and I saw that other platforms have a solution and I confess that I have never seen one for Joomla.

Someone did and could pass on the tip, I even spent money on cache extensions and script optimization, but the render blocking continues.

thank you very much for the help

User avatar
AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar
Posts: 7820
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:35 am
Location: Australia

Re: How to eliminate render blocking in Joomla 4?

Post by AMurray » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:40 pm

Would this be relevant? https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/9613. The answer comes from Pavel, a frequent member of this Joomla forum. He suggests JCH Optimize....but you might have already tried that?https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/jch-optimize/
Regards - A Murray

User avatar
rikaryo
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:56 pm
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: How to eliminate render blocking in Joomla 4?

Post by rikaryo » Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:56 pm

AMurray wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:40 pm
Would this be relevant? https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/9613. The answer comes from Pavel, a frequent member of this Joomla forum. He suggests JCH Optimize....but you might have already tried that?https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/jch-optimize/
@AMurray thanks for the attention and solution tips.

This client of the site in difficulty that I spoke uses Jspeed and I configured it in several ways and it did not work, another client I have uses JCH, both tools improve, but do not solve the problem.

I added a plugin to transform images into webp and enabled more cache time, but mobile tests don't go beyond 55% and website 85%.

The two problems encountered are:
1 - Reduce the initial response time of the server;
2 - Reduce unused JavaScript.

I'm researching a lot of SEO documentation to try to improve, but nothing works.

Thanks


User avatar
brian
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 12540
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:19 am
Location: Leeds, UK
Contact:

Re: How to eliminate render blocking in Joomla 4?

Post by brian » Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:45 am

its not possible to make a tractor as fast as a ferrari
"Exploited yesterday... Hacked tomorrow"
Blog http://brian.teeman.net/
Joomla Hidden Secrets http://hiddenjoomlasecrets.com/

gws
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso
Posts: 4746
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:56 pm
Location: South coast, UK
Contact:

Re: How to eliminate render blocking in Joomla 4?

Post by gws » Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:54 am

brian wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:45 am
its not possible to make a tractor as fast as a ferrari
Lamborghini does :laugh:

User avatar
leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 20424
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:17 am
Location: Netherlands/ Germany/ S'pore/Bogor/ North America
Contact:

Re: How to eliminate render blocking in Joomla 4?

Post by leolam » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:36 pm

If you have a professional license with JCH I advise you to connect with the developer for support on this issue. He is top-notch on this issue and should be able to help you to change defer and async settings for JS, CSS, HTML etc

Leo 8)
Joomla's #1 Professional Services Provider:
#Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
#Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -
#Joomla Webmaster Services: gws-webmaster.services

User avatar
ceford
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 969
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:38 pm
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Contact:

Re: How to eliminate render blocking in Joomla 4?

Post by ceford » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:03 pm

rikaryo wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:13 pm
Friends I wanted to know if someone can give me a tip on how to block rendering in Joomla 4? I have sites that are suffering a lot from this and I saw that other platforms have a solution and I confess that I have never seen one for Joomla.

Someone did and could pass on the tip, I even spent money on cache extensions and script optimization, but the render blocking continues.

thank you very much for the help
Do you mean render-blocking as reported by Google Page Speed Insights? What sort of figures are you getting? What does the analysis suggest?

helpwithjoomla
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast
Posts: 124
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:29 pm
Contact:

Re: How to eliminate render blocking in Joomla 4?

Post by helpwithjoomla » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:27 pm

We've used JCH with good results. I've found that getting any CMS to score well on Mobile can be difficult. A custom template has proven very helpful when one can be used.
Joomla Developers Available To Help With Joomla!
https://www.helpwithjoomla.com


Post Reply

Return to “Performance - Joomla! 4.x”