Slow loading site (using JCH optimize) and caching enabled

Discussion regarding Joomla! 4.x Performance issues.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Siteguru
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Slow loading site (using JCH optimize) and caching enabled

Post by Siteguru » Tue May 23, 2023 10:55 am

Despite I use JCH optimize my site is loading very slow. My biggest issue is the pageload of my website.

I give you one example of a page that is hughe to load and has a loading time of +3 seconds. I know there are a lot of images but I think I use the lasy load feature:

http://www.glansbeton.be/woonbeton

I don't have a clue how to solve it to site speeds up.

https://pagespeed.web.dev/analysis?url= ... Fwoonbeton

I was talking with the owner of JCH optimize and he told me this:
I don't think the pages are being cached. Even though the Page Cache plugin is enabled, the table on the Page Cache tab is always empty. Most likely, there's another plugin installed that is disabling the page cache. The Page Cache feature triggers an 'onPageCacheSetCaching' event, allowing interested plugins to disable the cache if required. If you can scan your files on the server, you can look to see which plugin is returning a 'true' value to this function. If you can get the Page Cache going, that would boost things a little more.

I'm talking about having the HTML of the page cached on the server by the plugin. That way, it doesn't have to be generated on each load. The site will serve the cached version if it's valid. Right now, I believe you have a plugin installed that is disabling page caching, as I outlined above.
What can causing the problem?

Code: Select all

glansbetonbe@com-linssh024:/data/sites/web/glansbetonbe/www/plugins# grep -r 'onPageCacheSetCaching' *
system/komento/komento.php: public function onPageCacheSetCaching()
system/cache/src/Extension/Cache.php:        // If any `pagecache` plugins return false for onPageCacheSetCaching, do not use the cache.
system/cache/src/Extension/Cache.php:        $results = $this->getApplication()->triggerEvent('onPageCacheSetCaching');
system/jchoptimizepagecache/jchoptimizepagecache.php:    public function onPageCacheSetCaching(): bool
system/forseo/forseo.php: public function onPageCacheSetCaching()

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Slow loading site (using JCH optimize) and caching enabled

Post by gws » Tue May 23, 2023 11:01 am

Run your site through gtmetrix.com it will show you the blocking elements. TTFB is nearly 2 seconds,not good.

Siteguru
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Siteguru » Tue May 23, 2023 3:00 pm

I have done it through gtmetrix.com

https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.glansb ... /MrE1KXgG/

https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.glansb ... /Mw1kmfc9/

But still I don't know what I have to change to optimize it.

The problem is IMHO that there is no cache on the site (server side) So the website has to create everytime back the page and that is giving the slow loading time.

The only thing is to find why the cache is not working but I don't know where to start.

SharkyKZ
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by SharkyKZ » Wed May 24, 2023 6:42 am

You already have a list of plugins that could potentially be blocking page caching. Look through their configuration settings or try disabling completely.

fatelettronica
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by fatelettronica » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:47 am

Try disabling all logs - Global Configuration > Logs

Return to “Performance - Joomla! 4.x”