Displaying the images on facebook without negative effect on the performance ,How ?

Discussion regarding Joomla! 4.x Performance issues.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
abomareya
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Displaying the images on facebook without negative effect on the performance ,How ?

Post by abomareya » Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:26 am

i had been noticed that the images of articles not displayed when articles links putted in Facebook , when i am searching for reason of problem , I found that , i have to disable the (Gzip Page Compression) !

in the same time , disabling Gzip Page Compression will increase the load on server and decrease the performance generaly ,

Now , I want to display the articled images on Facebook without negative effect on the performance, How ?
Greetings and Appreciation

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Displaying the images on facebook without negative effect on the performance ,How ?

Post by AMurray » Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:55 am

You want to avoid negative performance with respect to what - your site, or the Facebook page? Which is being slowed down (so that you notice it).

Can you provide links to both your site (the page that you're posting to Facebook) and the Facebook posting of that article? (Note I'm not sure the FB link will be allowed by Forum Moderators).

How do you post articles from Joomla to Facebook? Copy and paste, or some plugin in FB that allows you to embed content from other websites?

Suggesting perhaps if you're "hotlinking" images e.g. images from another server into another site (i.e. your site images into a Facebook page) may be causing the slowdown. Normally you'd post an article on FB including images, locally hosted by FB itself.

Just not really sure of your question (and therefore an accurate answer) with the information you have given.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

abomareya
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Displaying the images on facebook without negative effect on the performance ,How ?

Post by abomareya » Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:19 am

AMurray wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:55 am
You want to avoid negative performance with respect to what - your site, or the Facebook page? Which is being slowed down (so that you notice it).

Can you provide links to both your site (the page that you're posting to Facebook) and the Facebook posting of that article? (Note I'm not sure the FB link will be allowed by Forum Moderators).

How do you post articles from Joomla to Facebook? Copy and paste, or some plugin in FB that allows you to embed content from other websites?

Suggesting perhaps if you're "hotlinking" images e.g. images from another server into another site (i.e. your site images into a Facebook page) may be causing the slowdown. Normally you'd post an article on FB including images, locally hosted by FB itself.

Just not really sure of your question (and therefore an accurate answer) with the information you have given.
thank you ,

I will not put the Facebook link here because the moderators of the forum may object... and I also don't know if this also applies to my website link... knowing that I put my website links on Facebook by copying and pasting, so my question is specific..:

After canceling a feature (Gzip Page Compression) ... Will my site's performance be negatively affected? , ... I am interested in my website, not the Facebook page
Greetings and Appreciation

jovanddd
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jovanddd » Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:31 am

abomareya wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:19 am
After canceling a feature (Gzip Page Compression) ... Will my site's performance be negatively affected? , ... I am interested in my website, not the Facebook page
yes, you need og:image tag for facebook image.

eorisis
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by eorisis » Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:37 am

abomareya wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:26 am
i had been noticed that the images of articles not displayed when articles links putted in Facebook , when i am searching for reason of problem , I found that , i have to disable the (Gzip Page Compression) !

in the same time , disabling Gzip Page Compression will increase the load on server and decrease the performance generaly ,

Now , I want to display the articled images on Facebook without negative effect on the performance, How ?
For Facebook or Twitter (or more) to display your images properly you need to provide metadata on your pages (usually for each service). To avoid performance issues, use a CDN for caching. CloudFlare has a free plan.
Joomla & WordPress development. We empower businesses worldwide with open-source technology.
https://eorisis.com

Sitewide JavaScript & StyleSheet Management:
https://eorisis.com/applications/elements

Return to “Performance - Joomla! 4.x”