Database Got Extremely Large Topic is solved

Discussion regarding Joomla! 4.x Performance issues.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
LikeStuff
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Database Got Extremely Large

Post by LikeStuff » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:21 pm

Hi there,

Any idea why the new database that I am using for Joomla 4 have increased so much. I have not installed any additional addons since I upgraded.

OLD Database: 47MB
New Database: 233MB

Thanks!

LikeStuff
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Database Got Extremely Large

Post by LikeStuff » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:26 pm

I'm also getting the errors below when I click on "Extensions" and some other links. My host said that I have 512MB. Could it be the size of the database that is causing this issue?.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 125829152 bytes) in /public_html/DEV/libraries/vendor/maximebf/debugbar/src/DebugBar/JavascriptRenderer.php on line 1181

Symfony\Component\ErrorHandler\Error\ OutOfMemoryError
in public_html/DEV/libraries/vendor/maximebf/debugbar/src/DebugBar/JavascriptRenderer.php (line 1181)

Thanks!

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:24 am

Any idea why the new database that I am using for Joomla 4 have increased so much. I have not installed any additional addons since I upgraded.

OLD Database: 47MB
New Database: 233MB
Issue 1: The database size difference could be attributable to a couple of things:

(a) Joomla 4 is simply larger and more complex than Joomla 3 (or previous versions) and therefore takes more database space or

(b) Check your #_session table (directly in the database, use PHPMyAdmin or a similar tool), and delete the records in it (this will force logouts for users). Then change the session hander to "File" (or similar) in Joomla Global configuration settings.

(it could be both the above)
I'm also getting the errors below when I click on "Extensions" and some other links. My host said that I have 512MB. Could it be the size of the database that is causing this issue?.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 125829152 bytes) in /public_html/DEV/libraries/vendor/maximebf/debugbar/src/DebugBar/JavascriptRenderer.php on line 1181

Symfony\Component\ErrorHandler\Error\ OutOfMemoryError
in public_html/DEV/libraries/vendor/maximebf/debugbar/src/DebugBar/JavascriptRenderer.php (line 1181)
Note you should generally ask separate questions concerning separate issues - I don't believe the memory error has anything to do with the database size issue you ask about. Separating questions allows focus to each question.

Issue 2: Memory exceeds limit

512 MB memory seems plenty for most situations but something is causing Joomla to exceed even that limit.

536870912 bytes is 536.87MB, larger than 512MB. Maybe increase the PHP memory_limit value to 768M or 1024M (if your host allows that)?

To be able to assist further, please use the FPA utility (red box top of screen - Forum Post Assistant), follow the instructions and post the report output to this thread.

The report will give us more idea of your hosting environment and allow recommendations to be made on changes (such as to the Memory limit) if required or point to the culprit script or extension causing the problem.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

LikeStuff
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by LikeStuff » Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:06 pm

I will see about what you suggested and if I need more help with post back.

Thanks for the tip re: posting separate issues, I assumed they may be related that's why I did that.

Thanks again!

LikeStuff
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by LikeStuff » Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:47 pm

Then change the session hander to "File" (or similar) in Joomla Global configuration settings.
I changed the above and now I cannot login and I'm seeing the below on the frontend and the backend. I changed it back to "database" in the configuration file but that did not help.
InvalidArgumentException
in /public_html/DEV/libraries/src/Session/SessionFactory.php (line 141)

}
                return new Handler\WincacheHandler();
            default:
                throw new InvalidArgumentException(sprintf('The "%s" session handler is not recognised.', $handlerType));
        }
    }
    /**
     * Resolve the options for the session handler.

SessionFactory->createSessionHandler(array('force_ssl' => true, 'name' => 'c1176a41ff2c0f45e43ccf3dac9549ba', 'expire' => 5400)) in /public_html/DEV/libraries/src/Service/Provider/Session.php (line 83)
in /public_html/DEV/libraries/vendor/joomla/di/src/ContainerResource.php -> Joomla\CMS\Service\Provider\{closure} (line 176)
in /public_html/DEV/libraries/vendor/joomla/di/src/Container.php -> getInstance (line 96)
Container->get('Joomla\\Session\\SessionInterface') in /public_html/DEV/libraries/src/Service/Provider/Application.php (line 87)
in /public_html/DEV/libraries/vendor/joomla/di/src/ContainerResource.php -> Joomla\CMS\Service\Provider\{closure} (line 176)
in /public_html/DEV/libraries/vendor/joomla/di/src/Container.php -> getInstance (line 96)
Container->get('Joomla\\CMS\\Application\\AdministratorApplication') in /public_html/DEV/administrator/includes/app.php (line 55)
require_once('/public_html/DEV/administrator/includes/app.php') in /public_html/DEV/administrator/index.php (line 32)
Thanks!

LikeStuff
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by LikeStuff » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:32 pm

Never mind I fixed the login issue. I just re-uploaded an old configuration file.

Thanks!

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:27 pm

Do you mean you uploaded an older version of the file configuration.php - or something else?

BTW, did you originally have the Debug option turned on? A few recent topics have reported issues in the library /libraries/vendor/maximebf/debugbar.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “Performance - Joomla! 4.x”