This Forum or Mailing List

For Joomla! 4.x Coding related discussions, please use: http://groups.google.com/group/joomla-dev-general

Moderator: ooffick

Forum rules
Please use the mailing list here: http://groups.google.com/group/joomla-dev-general rather than this forum.
ceford
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

This Forum or Mailing List

Post by ceford » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:34 pm

I do not understand why the Forum Rules urge us to use the group mailing list. It seems to be populated with all sorts of Joomla questions that are not obviously Joomla 4 related. Frankly I doubt I will use it and that will be more of a loss to the people who's questions I try to answer than to me in seeking answers to my questions. It is just too hard to follow threads.

This list is clearly labelled as Joomla! 4.x Coding and seems a good substitute for the Joomla! 4 Related board that was closed. Why was it closed? I like this board! Can we keep it?

sozzled
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: This Forum or Mailing List

Post by sozzled » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:45 pm

I agree! Confusing, lacking explanation/"sticky", overtaken by other events. Also, why maintain the "J! 3.x coding" forum differently. The mailing list is not monitored or moderated by the J! project.

Just another maze for people to lose themselves asking questions.
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

sozzled
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: This Forum or Mailing List

Post by sozzled » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:06 pm

It puzzles me that the two "coding" forum have signs that [in effect say] "don't use this forum to ask questions about writing PHP for J!".

If that were the case then these two forums may as well be closed and the signage is sufficient to explain where people can go for help with coding.

It puzzles me that, on the one hand, the signage clearly says that the "coding" forums are not the right places to ask questions but, on the other hand, forum moderators move topics—asked elsewhere—into these places. That seems to be contradictory. Either these forums have a purpose to allow people to discuss their coding issues or the Google Group serves that purpose. The words contained in the pink area above are fairly clear: please use the [Google Group] rather than this forum.

I don't understand how you can have it both ways: don't use these forum but we'll move relevant discussions here anyway. ??? :o

Confused.
“If you think I’m wrong then say, ‘I think you’re wrong.’ If you say ‘You’re wrong!’, how do you know?” :)

Return to “Joomla! 4.x Coding”