Input fields, textarea

For Joomla! 4.x Coding related discussions, you could also use: http://groups.google.com/group/joomla-dev-general

Moderators: ooffick, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Dangerous Boy
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Input fields, textarea

Post by Dangerous Boy » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:48 am

Is there a away to have 2 different editors per page?
I have JCE ad a default editor for everything, but I also have a few sections when a full editor is not needed.
I'm using pre-headers for emails and preview specific pages for marketing, so, they create a new "article" using the default editor for intro and full text, but I have an extra tab with custom fields, two of them are textareas, in this case they have to use an editor for bold, list, colors, alignments, just a regular editor buttons, but since I'm using JCE it has lots of options and buttons that are in use for intro and full text but not needed for my custom areas(pre-headers), so I want to:
Limit when show in certain areas or use the regular tinymce, but when I try to indicate which editor to use it doesn't show anything

Code: Select all

<field name="preHeader" type="editor" label="Pre-header email" description="" editor="tinymce" buttons="true" hide="readmore,pagebreak,module"/>
tinymce, tinyMCE... etc don't work at all, currently I'm using SummerNote but it doesn't show buttons for articles or menu at the bottom since is not seen as an editor but a regular textarea...
So, how can I show this button to interact with the SummerNote or how can I have the tinymce with limited options...
the whole point is to have two different editor one with full options and another with limited options.

Thanks you.
Nothing for the moment....

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Input fields, textarea

Post by AMurray » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:14 am

In TinyMCE you can create "Sets" which is basically different 'profiles' for the editor showing or hiding buttons for particular user types/groups as you define in the TinyMCE plugin options.

Similar for JCE editor, you can create profiles to show/hide editor fuctionality for various user levels/groups.

I'm not familiar with Summernote - is it actually an extension (article editor) for Joomla? How are you using it to edit Joomla content?
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

Dangerous Boy
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by Dangerous Boy » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:24 am

AMurray wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:14 am
... I'm not familiar with Summernote - is it actually an extension (article editor) for Joomla? How are you using it to edit Joomla content?
Normal, nothing fancy really, I do have custom forms and overrides for the edit.php of category and article plus I use override for the forms field that are declared in the .xml files.

In general when creating or editing an article the first tabs is just normal, of curse I use JCE as main editor for the template manager option, other than that nothing else... then for my custom fields I have another Tab where I have all the extra information that I need, the only mayor change that I is to change the params column from text to bigtext for more storage but only when I know that I have store html section othern than that nothing...

SummerNote is quite easy to use and it looks like this, but no, is not any extension of joomla, this is an override that I have done, it work on J2, 3 and now 4, been using it for quite some time...
I'd love to be able to add the butons at the bottom [menu] [article] [image] but I think is not possible when using textarea.
It works on main form, subform or multiple...

and the profiles, yest I'm aware of that but how can tell the field to use editor and use X profile regardless of who the user is, since one the first tab[intro/full text] it uses full editor profile but on the other tabs I need to limit the option on the editor...
SummerNote works fine but when the user want to add an image summernote stores the image as base64 within the content it seems to be ok but not so friendly, if they want to add a link they need to know the full url for the link that is why I need those buttons or a way to call for the tinymce with X profile or even JCE...
Nothing for the moment....

ceford
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by ceford » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:02 am

I can't answer your question! But if it were my problem I would think about creating a custom field and persuading that to use the alternative editor.

Return to “Joomla! 4.x Coding”