Adding multiple parent tags to "all tags" menu item type. Topic is solved

For Joomla! 5.x Coding related discussions, you could also use: http://groups.google.com/group/joomla-dev-general

Moderators: ooffick, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
binvin
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Adding multiple parent tags to "all tags" menu item type.

Post by binvin » Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:48 pm

Hi,
I would like to have a menu that shows all child tags under multiple parent tags.

Right now, I can see only one menu item, "all tags" that shows child tags under one parent. Is there a way to include multiple parent tags here?

Some of my tags need to be displayed on various "all tags" menu pages. So I can't create one parent tag and group them all together for the "all tags" menu.

I am unable to find a third party extension either. Is there a code tweak that can be done to get this done?

Is it even possible?

Thanks for your help.

binvin
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Adding multiple parent tags to "all tags" menu item type.

Post by binvin » Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:25 pm

I fixed it by using the Popular Tags module with a little bit of tweaking and a lot of manual work :-)
But it is solved now. Please mark this as closed if there's such an option.

And thanks for Joomla 5, it seems to be cool! I have updated 4 websites so far from J3 to J5, and as of now, they are all perfect! I hope it stays that way.

Thank you, Joomla team.

Return to “Joomla! 5.x Coding”