Privacy Consent Notification

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 5.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
bubblehead
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Privacy Consent Notification

Post by bubblehead » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:27 am

I believe I have setup the Joomla Privacy Tool Suite per the JDoc article (20 July 2021). I setup Community Builder elements in the CB Registration (Signup) form for the prospective user to designate confirmation with site policy.
registration-privacy.png
The user's selections are recorded in the corresponding Profile within the Credentials tab. However, when a user logs in to the site, this error is shown:
consent-error.png
Another matter: although the CB Registration form is configured to redirect a successfully logged on user to the Profile, that doesn't happen. (I've submitted another query to this Forum regarding user Login and an MFA issue.)

I only know of this Consent Policy issue since Joomla MFA does not, apparently, permit a Super User to use MFA.

Anyway, I appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by imanickam on Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic » from General Questions/New to Joomla! 5.x to Extensions for Joomla! 5.x

JAVesey
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Privacy Consent Notification

Post by JAVesey » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:36 am

bubblehead wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:27 am
I only know of this Consent Policy issue since Joomla MFA does not, apparently, permit a Super User to use MFA.
I can’t help with the CB bits of your post (I don’t use CB). However, this last part of your post is simply untrue. Please don’t spread misinformation.

MFA is exactly what a Super User should use and Joomla permits it. I use it when logging in to the frontend of my site as well as /administrator.

There is an issue with using MFA on any account (Super User or otherwise) when logging into the frontend when a redirect occurs, e.g. when a privacy consent has expired. There is no issue using MFA on any account to login to the frontend when there is no redirect.

I gave a work-around in your other thread:
viewtopic.php?f=834&t=1007588

The issue with MFA and expired consents (of any sort) has been reported on GitHub and confirmed as a bug. It is not a feature!

HTH
John V
Cardiff, Wales, UK
Joomla 5.1.0 "live" site on PHP 8.2.15 and MariaDB 10.11.7
Joomla 5.1.0 on XAMMP for OSX with PHP 8.2.4 and MariaDB 10.4.28

bubblehead
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Privacy Consent Notification

Post by bubblehead » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:18 pm

John V, I was not attempting to spread anything other than what I had experienced. I have never been involved with marketing or politics.
Thank you for your reply; no one else has bothered.

Don

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 5.x”