Does RSS feed show articles to be published in the future Topic is solved

General questions relating to Joomla! 5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
xgipper
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Does RSS feed show articles to be published in the future

Post by xgipper » Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:05 pm

Using Joomla 3, which I'm in the process of trying to upgrade to J5, I've noticed that when I time a new post to publish in the future, say for the next day, it appears in the RSS feed immediately - before it actually appears on the site - and of course leads to a 404 error if I'm not logged in. Just wondered if anyone knows if that's expected behaviour, and whether it's the same with Joomla 5?
Thanks

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Does RSS feed show articles to be published in the future

Post by AMurray » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:13 pm

Probably the fact you're logged in (as super user, publisher, editor etc), shows you unpublished articles (so they can be edited from the front-end). That's expected behaviour. And the 404 is expected behaviour because the article was not published.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

xgipper
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Does RSS feed show articles to be published in the future

Post by xgipper » Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:22 am

Thanks. I didn't explain clearly that I believe 'yet to be published' posts (because they're 'published' but timed for the future) appeared in my RSS reader (Feedbro Firefox extension).

I know Joomla lets you see 'yet to be published' content if logged in via front end as super user.

But I just tried to reproduce the behaviour and I couldn't, so will test further! Perhaps my bad, in which case, sorry to waste your time, really. If I notice it again I'll try to update.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 5.x”