Can't edit Articles in Joomla on a local server

General questions relating to Joomla! 5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
mpceschini
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Can't edit Articles in Joomla on a local server

Post by mpceschini » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:42 pm

When I click on an Article in Joomla that has already been published to edit it all I get is a blank window with the word Article in the upper left had corner. I can't see the text that is there or add any new text. This seems to have happened after I did the latest updates or when I installed Breezing form component. I have uninstalled Breezing forms, but I still can't see or edit any text in all my Articles. I am using Joomla 5.0.3 and this is the back end that I can not edit the Articles. Help!

JAVesey
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Can't edit Articles in Joomla on a local server

Post by JAVesey » Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:47 pm

mpceschini wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:42 pm When I click on an Article in Joomla that has already been published to edit it all I get is a blank window with the word Article in the upper left had corner. I can't see the text that is there or add any new text. This seems to have happened after I did the latest updates or when I installed Breezing form component. I have uninstalled Breezing forms, but I still can't see or edit any text in all my Articles. I am using Joomla 5.0.3 and this is the back end that I can not edit the Articles. Help!
Have you cleared the site's cache and the expired cache?
John V
Cardiff, Wales, UK
Joomla 5.1.1 "live" site on PHP 8.2.15 and MariaDB 10.11.7 (with b/c plugin enabled)
Joomla 5.1.1 on XAMMP for MacOS with PHP 8.2.4 and MariaDB 10.4.28 (with b/c plugin enabled)

mpceschini
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mpceschini » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:16 pm

Yes I cleared the Cache and it didn't help. It seems like the editor is missing. The Window with the editor is missing.

mpceschini
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mpceschini » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:19 pm

The window with the Editor - TinyMCE is missing. the extension is still published but doesn't show.

mpceschini
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mpceschini » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:41 pm

My server is setup as:

Windows server 2019 version 10.0.17763 Build 17763
Wamp Server = 3.3.3 - 64bit
PHP = 8.1.26
MariaDB = 10.6.5
MySQL = 8.0.27
Apache = 2.4.56

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:41 pm

The issue may be caused by javascript errors. Load Developer Tools (F12) on the blank page and check if there are error messages highlighted in red in the Console tab.

It is possible that some parts of BreezingForms (BF), for example plugins, still remain in the system and cause the issue. Please post the results from the Forum Post Assistant (FPA) by following the instructions at https://forumpostassistant.github.io/docs/ so that the configuration can be reviewed.

According to the JED entry, BreezingForms is compatible with Joomla 4. Based on information gleaned from the BF forum, a version for Joomla 5 is in Beta stage of development.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

JAVesey
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by JAVesey » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:42 pm

mpceschini wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:41 pm
MariaDB = 10.6.5
MySQL = 8.0.27
Which is it? Can’t be both.
John V
Cardiff, Wales, UK
Joomla 5.1.1 "live" site on PHP 8.2.15 and MariaDB 10.11.7 (with b/c plugin enabled)
Joomla 5.1.1 on XAMMP for MacOS with PHP 8.2.4 and MariaDB 10.4.28 (with b/c plugin enabled)

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 5.x”