Advertisement

"Benutzerinformation" module appeared and does not go away after updating website to Joomla 5(user information) Topic is solved

General questions relating to Joomla! 5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
Joe Oomla
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

"Benutzerinformation" module appeared and does not go away after updating website to Joomla 5(user information)

Post by Joe Oomla » Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:31 pm

tp_dentist
php 8.2
https://boehnke-hr-consult.com/aktuelle ... rs/profile

Dear people,

Thank you for having a look at my situation.

After upgrading/ updating the website from Joomla 4 to Joomla 5 (and upgrading/ updating the data storage in the background) I checked the webite to see, if everything went smoothly.

All seemed fine until I saw that the pages on which I use a subscription module was out of wack (fixed that already) and I have have this "user information" thingly lingering around (see attached screenshot; first subscription tool is wanted and correct).

Thing is, I do not know, where to switch it off/ delete it/ hide it... .

Has anyone of you an idea how to do that and where it even came from?

Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Advertisement
AMurray
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: "Benutzerinformation" module appeared and does not go away after updating website to Joomla 5(user information)

Post by AMurray » Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:57 pm

Is the first instance of that module inserted in an article, for instance with "loadposition" or "load module"?

The second instance would appear to be in a standard module position, and you can turn that off, through the modules options (menu item assignment options).

Select to show on "none" (as in don't show on any pages). That should not affect the module loaded via loadmodule/loadposition (note, how you have done that is only a guess).
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

Joe Oomla
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: "Benutzerinformation" module appeared and does not go away after updating website to Joomla 5(user information)

Post by Joe Oomla » Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:38 am

Hello A,

Thank you for your reply! I really appreciate it.

Inserted in an article: No, but good thinking. I double checked, but it is not part of the article.

standard module: Would you mind guiding my on where to find the on/ off switch. Unfortunatly my joomla version is not in English and the translation is not super intuitive.
Also, unfortunatley, I cannot find a (site) module with the name "Benutzerinformationen" (user information). It also was not there before the upgrade/ update.

Thank you!!

Looking forward to your reply.

Mr. Wimpy
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by Mr. Wimpy » Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:27 pm

The first form is an AcyMaling module.
The second form with the title Benutzerinformation is a menu-item to AcyMailing.

Either:
Remove or disable the module under Content > Site Modules (?? Inhalt > Seite Modulen ??, or in Astroid...
Note: I don't know Astroid.
Or:
Change the menu-item type for this page.

Joe Oomla
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Joe Oomla » Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:24 am

Dear Mr Wimpy,

Thank you for reply!

Eactly, the first is an AcyMailing module. It is linked to the respective (newsletter) list... and is supposed to be there.

I checked the site module (this one actually stays 'site module', but yes, it would be something like 'Seitenmodule' - dank je:)) tab again and am just not able to find anything labelled 'Benutzerinformation' (user information).

I had a look through all the 'user' tabs and Astroid as well... but could not find anything related to that.

What do you mean by "changing the menu item type"?

Thank you! Really appreciate your support.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Joe Oomla
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Joe Oomla » Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:44 pm

I found this link: https://docs.acymailing.com/v/old/integ ... oomla-user.

It seems to be related to my question, however at this point, I cannot extract a clear action point. It might be useful for someone of you, however. Thus, I am sharing it.

Mr. Wimpy
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by Mr. Wimpy » Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:25 pm

Finding the module
Go to Site modules
Press Search filters
Press Select type
Select AcyMailing, or something that's close.

Finding the menu-item(-type)
Go to Menus > Your menu name*
* My guess it's the one with the house next to the name, because of the Home menulink.
Search for Whitepaper: Digitalisierung im HR

Joe Oomla
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Joe Oomla » Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:08 am

Dear all,

Thank you!

The thing is that I can find, see, adapt... the Acymailing module. I also want it to be displayed. However, I cannot find, edit... the 'user informtion' thing.

I did not activate it... it was suddenly displayed after the updgrade to joomla 5.

(It only shows on the pages, which have the acymailing plugin. Thus, I do not think that it has to do with a general on/off button.)

SharkyKZ
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by SharkyKZ » Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:33 am

"Benutzerinformation" is coming from the component. You should keep it and instead remove the extra module that you have embedded.

Joe Oomla
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Joe Oomla » Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:15 am

Dear @SharkyKZ

True, before I opened the chat I was thinking of this as a "sos solution". It was not clear for me that this is a "proper" solution.

Would you mind telling me, how it ended up there? Since I did not actively installed it?
Also, from where does the "user information" module take its information (as I linked the acymailing module to the specific welcome emails, but not to the user information...)?

Mr. Wimpy
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by Mr. Wimpy » Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:19 am

"Benutzerinformation" (User Information) is the <legend> of the form.
It's added by AcyMailing.

Could be the name of the form, or a language constant.
You have to look at the form(s) in the AcyMailing component.

You may wish to use a different form, or menu-item type.
You need to look in the menu-item for that page (see my earlier reply)

Joe Oomla
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Joe Oomla » Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:03 am

Dear Mr Wimpy,

Thank you for the explanation. I checked and it seems to me part of a menu item (see photo > "Benutzerprofil" (user profile)).

Did this function come with the new update? > That AcyMailing automatically adds the signing-up tool to the according site?

(I only have one form for the newsletter.)

Looking forward to your reply,
Joe

Mr. Wimpy
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by Mr. Wimpy » Tue Jun 18, 2024 4:06 pm

Okay, so I installed AcyMailing on a local test site just to see that's going on.

The menu item type is/seems correct.
The displayed form is (also) to subscribe to your newsletter.

The Benutzerinformation is part AcyMailing (not Joomla).
As I said, it's the <legend> of the form.

What to do?
You could create an override to remove the legend or hide it with CSS, but...

Unlike we suggested in earlier posts I think it would be a better solution to...
- use articles for the text and
- use the AcyMailing Registration Form module to display the form

1. Copy the text on the page from the custom module to an article
2. Disable the now "useless" custom module
3. Open the menu item for this page and change the Menüeintragstyp (Menu item type) from Benutzerprofil (User profile) to Single Article
4. Select the article created at step 1

5. Repeat step 1-4 with other pages that display the form

6. Go to Seitenmodulen (Site Modules) and create or edit the AcyMailing Subcription Form.
7. Enter all the necessary info
8. Under tab Menu assignment select the menu item(s) from step 3

Hope this gets you on your way

Joe Oomla
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Joe Oomla » Fri Jun 21, 2024 7:57 am

Dear Mr. Wimpy,

Amazing! Thank you very much!

I did not have that perspective on the problem. So thank you for your point of view.

I tried it out and everything worked out well. However, I am now facing the issue of having the module dispayled above the main article, which I cannot change the position of.

I found this viewtopic.php?t=428274. - But then I needed to create a module for the article again and would face the original issue.

Here are two thoughts:
1. How do I program the "Benutzerinformation" title away?

Since the issue of displaying two signing-up-tools is resolved, the title is the only thing bothering me. I am afraid that peole would not subscribe to the Newsletter... simply because they are confused my this title. Thus...

2. Maybe I should just be satisfied with the website as it is now and live with the weird "benutzerinfirmation title.

Thanks to your explanations I reached my goal of understanding what the issue was.

Looking forward to your reply,
Joe

P.S.: For the people reading this thread in hindseight: The way the acymailing form (linked to the menu item) knows, which newsletter to dispaly is because I defined it before :,) >> I just remembered that you can define that by clicking on options (second tab).

Mr. Wimpy
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by Mr. Wimpy » Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:00 am

There is a position called content-bottom.

To move the AcyMailing module after the article:
Open the module and change the position from top-a-3 to content-bottom.

Joe Oomla
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Joe Oomla » Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:55 am

AMAZING! Geweldig! Dankuwel!

Advertisement

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 5.x”