TinyMCE does not load properly in Chrome - but loads correctly in Firefox

General questions relating to Joomla! 5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
Patruud
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

TinyMCE does not load properly in Chrome - but loads correctly in Firefox

Post by Patruud » Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:02 pm

Unfortunately I have the exact same problem. In chrome. The wysiwyg editor is not loading. I tried disable/enable, clearing cache. But I get a pretty much empty space that only says 'article text', which cannot be edited. It does, however, work in Firefox.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by imanickam on Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split from the topic https://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=834&t=1006704. In the future, for your issue, please create a separate topic - Even though the symptom may be the same, the root cause could be different due to varying environment.

JAVesey
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: TinyMCE does not load properly in Chrome - but loads correctly in Firefox

Post by JAVesey » Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:12 pm

Patruud wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:02 pm Unfortunately I have the exact same problem. In chrome. The wysiwyg editor is not loading. I tried disable/enable, clearing cache. But I get a pretty much empty space that only says 'article text', which cannot be edited. It does, however, work in Firefox.
What do you mean by “cache”? Browser cache and/or site cache & expired site cache?

I saw this when upgrading to J5 from J4. Solved by clearing the site cache and expired cache.
John V
Cardiff, Wales, UK
Joomla 5.1.1 "live" site on PHP 8.2.15 and MariaDB 10.11.7 (with b/c plugin enabled)
Joomla 5.1.1 on XAMMP for MacOS with PHP 8.2.4 and MariaDB 10.4.28 (with b/c plugin enabled)

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 5.x”