3 things Joomla 5 needs to do better

General questions relating to Joomla! 5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
DV-admin
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

3 things Joomla 5 needs to do better

Post by DV-admin » Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:09 am

I've been using Joomla from version 1 to 5 which isn't a short time by any means, I've contributed a lot to this community and still haven't thought about changing CMS eventhough I have 3 points where Joomla should really do better and these issues are old but for publishers they are mega important and Im desperately asking for some commitment to them.

1. Smart Search

Images should be available with ALL search results items not just with articles. It never looks very clean like this.
Ordering of search results should be avaliable hierarchy: Category, related tags and then articles. However it's still only the usual orderings.

3. Category Blog pages and Tag pages

Pagination: Next page should not duplicate the category or tag description, there is no need for it it makes the page unnecessarily long, it's also confusing for readers. They think they are still on the same page as before, because scrolling down first before you get articles is odd on the second page.

3. Custom field container classes.

Grouped customfields you should have the ability to add a class to the group, it's very hard to style these containers now. In fact I've had to override all my article types to add custom fields and styling to each group. Imagine you have a map and address in custom fields container and a recipe custom fields container in another, these will be styled very differently.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 5.x”