restore mangles administrator menu Topic is solved

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 5.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
RW-NWPA
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

restore mangles administrator menu

Post by RW-NWPA » Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:08 pm

I used akeeba to restore a Joomla 5 to my live site. I tested everything locally first before backing up and restoring to the live site. Everything seems to be Ok with the notable exception of the left hand administrator menu. I have attached an image of it. It looks like it is maybe a language issue? Any help would be appreciated.
Regards,
Rob

RW-NWPA
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Error on update

Post by RW-NWPA » Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:15 pm

I get a notification that an update is available.
When I click on it I get the below error trace:

Warning
Before updating ensure that the update is compatible with your Joomla! installation.
You are strongly advised to make a backup of your site's files and database before you start updating.
An error has occurred.
0 Call to undefined method InstallerHelper::getExtensionGroupes()
Call Stack
# Function Location
1 () JROOT/administrator/components/com_installer/models/fields/folder.php:40
2 JFormFieldFolder->getOptions() JROOT/libraries/src/Form/Field/ListField.php:63
3 Joomla\CMS\Form\Field\ListField->getInput() JROOT/libraries/src/Form/FormField.php:474
4 Joomla\CMS\Form\FormField->__get() JROOT/libraries/src/Form/Field/ListField.php:233
5 Joomla\CMS\Form\Field\ListField->__get() JROOT/layouts/joomla/searchtools/default/filters.php:35
6 include() JROOT/libraries/src/Layout/FileLayout.php:128
7 Joomla\CMS\Layout\FileLayout->render() JROOT/libraries/src/Layout/FileLayout.php:636
8 Joomla\CMS\Layout\FileLayout->sublayout() JROOT/layouts/joomla/searchtools/default.php:97
9 include() JROOT/libraries/src/Layout/FileLayout.php:128
10 Joomla\CMS\Layout\FileLayout->render() JROOT/libraries/src/Layout/LayoutHelper.php:76
11 Joomla\CMS\Layout\LayoutHelper::render() JROOT/administrator/components/com_installer/tmpl/update/default.php:35
12 include() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/View/HtmlView.php:416
13 Joomla\CMS\MVC\View\HtmlView->loadTemplate() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/View/HtmlView.php:204
14 Joomla\CMS\MVC\View\HtmlView->display() JROOT/administrator/components/com_installer/src/View/Installer/HtmlView.php:91
15 Joomla\Component\Installer\Administrator\View\Installer\HtmlView->display() JROOT/administrator/components/com_installer/src/View/Update/HtmlView.php:111
16 Joomla\Component\Installer\Administrator\View\Update\HtmlView->display() JROOT/administrator/components/com_installer/src/Controller/DisplayController.php:75
17 Joomla\Component\Installer\Administrator\Controller\DisplayController->display() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:730
18 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute() JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/ComponentDispatcher.php:143
19 Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\ComponentDispatcher->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:361
20 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:150
21 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:195
22 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:306
23 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() JROOT/administrator/includes/app.php:58
24 require_once() JROOT/administrator/index.php:32
Last edited by toivo on Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: merged with the current topic, cross posting not allowed in forum rules, available from https://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=65

RW-NWPA
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Error on update

Post by RW-NWPA » Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:20 pm

a number of other seemingly connected errors are occuring when clicking on New Menu I get the following error:

An error has occurred.
0 Class "MenusHelper" not found

RW-NWPA
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Error on update

Post by RW-NWPA » Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:36 pm

Cancel this.
I had restored over a J3 set of files and they were confused. I had to completely delete all the files and do a fresh restore. All is well.
Regards,
Rob

RW-NWPA
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: restore mangles administrator menu

Post by RW-NWPA » Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:59 pm

Cancel this I had restored over an old j3 site and I had to delete all the old stuff and then it worked

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:18 pm

Yes akeeba instruction say to use an empty folder other than the JPA and kickstart file.....
Regards - A Murray

RW-NWPA
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by RW-NWPA » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:05 am

Apparently so. I had not seen that. I wonder why they dont test the target directory if it is required?

Thanks

REgards,
Rob

Return to “Administration Joomla! 5.x”