Redirect guests to a specific article page when accessing articles for registered users only Topic is solved

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 5.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
Phil91
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Redirect guests to a specific article page when accessing articles for registered users only

Post by Phil91 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:32 am

Hello,

Although I'm now quite experienced with Joomla, I just can't figure how to do this:

How can I redirect visitors to a specific "You must be registered to view this item" type article when a guest clicks on a main menu link?
I know I could simply hide the non public menuitems but I should add that the site "owners" want that all the menu items be visible to all.
Currently I get a horrendous 403 error message.
Should I use the redirect plugin, a change to htaccess, else?
Saw a post stating to create a hidden menu for all registerd items and aliases in the main menu but this does not seem to work.

Thanks

Phil

Phil91
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Redirect guests to a specific article page when accessing articles for registered users only

Post by Phil91 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:32 am

Thanks so much!
A thing I never paid attention to 😀
Also found a way by hacking error.php ahd using header:location bu this is safer.
Cheers.

Phil91
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Redirect guests to a specific article page when accessing articles for registered users only

Post by Phil91 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:14 pm

@Per Yngve:
Hmmmm...Not quite there yet in fact:
Followed instructions in your link and got a crash with the following msg:

Class "Joomla\Module\ScrollArticleExcerpt\Site\Helper\Uri" not found

Using Joomla 5.0.3...

Thx

Phil91
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Phil91 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:52 pm

Correction: Class not found was due to another module but even when this module is disabled, the articles parameters change has no effect and I still get the ugly template error page displayed...
Am I doing anything really wrong?

Phil91
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Phil91 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:40 pm

OK....Fixed... Categories were set to Registered. Changing them to Public fixed it.
Sorry for sending erratic things :)

Thx

Return to “Administration Joomla! 5.x”