Advertisement

Deleting a User in Joomla leaves that User in Contacts Topic is solved

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 5.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
JimHomyak
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Deleting a User in Joomla leaves that User in Contacts

Post by JimHomyak » Wed Jun 12, 2024 1:57 am

I am a complicated man. I make life complex by pushing every boundary. I push Joomla to have Community Builder, Joomdle, Moodle, and six ways to Sunday to make a front-end driven portal that is sixteen years beyond just a blog.

So I get what I ask for -- but things that don't always work. Buy why is it that simple stuff breaks on me 100% of the time?

When I make a user in Joomla, it is now flawlessly creating and syncing that user across this whole thing. But then as I remove that user, it gets left behind in Contacts, and the messaging role it was to have still does stuff on its own after the actual user got erased. I have to go into another pass of emptying that same deleted user out of contacts. My work, for me, is to read every stitch of installation / administration instructions and training I can get my hands on. Guess I get to write the manual on this? After we figure it out. But I am not a developer. Am an end-user.

Advertisement
JimHomyak
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Deleting a User in Joomla leaves that User in Contacts

Post by JimHomyak » Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:27 am

Also scrubbing that user out of trash via Empty Trash keeps [it] available as a contact, until of course it is deleted and trashed out of Contacts separately.

ceford
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by ceford » Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:16 am

Contacts are not necessarily users. Even a deleted user may still be a contact. C'est la vie! There may be a plugin available to delete a contact on deletion of a user. For some it would be a bad idea!

JimHomyak
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by JimHomyak » Wed Jun 12, 2024 7:57 pm

Thank you ceford. I will evaluate offering a means (via a plugin or extension) for a user to specify what they want to do if they are to ever cease being a user. I see the logic now.

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Wed Jun 12, 2024 9:20 pm

Use the inbuilt privacy suite. It has the "right to be forgotten" stuff and all the rest.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

Advertisement

Return to “Administration Joomla! 5.x”