Joomla 5.1 with Sp page builder

Everything to do with Joomla! 5.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Sheroen01
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla 5.1 with Sp page builder

Post by Sheroen01 » Mon May 13, 2024 11:37 am

Hi!
I'm practicing on joomla 5.1 on local server. Sp page builder seems to be a nice extension, but is it a good practice to mix classic joomla 5.1 site modules and contents/pages with Sp page builder page? I have worked with Joomla a few days now. I want to show login module only on home page (where I have linked a menu with SPPB page) and not on any other page, it worked fine at the start, but when I integrated joomla 5.1 with several sp page builder pages, login module is seen in some of sp page builder pages. Still trying to figure out how to solve this. Any idea?

Also noticed that those two SPPB pages (where the login module is not supposed to be seen) are not linked to any menu. But those two pages are displayed only through a button from another SPPB page, just explored in different ways.

Kind Regards
Sheerin

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Joomla 5.1 with Sp page builder

Post by AMurray » Mon May 13, 2024 9:22 pm

I don't think the issue is with using a mix of SP Page Builder or articles. From how I interpret your question it is more about what menu item(s) you have assigned the login module to. That shouldn't change. You assign modules to menu items, not to pages (regardless if it is joomla articles or SP PB Pages).

I don't know why / how the module would suddenly be displayed by installing SP PB and creating a few pages. The method of showing modules is the same - you assign them to module positions and to menu item links.

Check the Module options that the Login module is set as "Show on selected pages" (i.e. your home page only) and uncheck any other menu items (if applicable).

To link SPPB pages, when creating the menu item, you use the menu item type "SP Page Builder...." rather than "single article" (as one example).
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

Pavel-ww
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Joomla 5.1 with Sp page builder

Post by Pavel-ww » Tue May 14, 2024 8:40 am

Sheroen01 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:37 am Also noticed that those two SPPB pages (where the login module is not supposed to be seen) are not linked to any menu. But those two pages are displayed only through a button from another SPPB page, just explored in different ways.
Hi.

If the SPPB page is not associated with any menu item, then the settings of the home page are valid for it - like displayed modules, template and ect.

If you want to display the login module on the single SPPB page use Joomla Module Addon instead of publishing the login module in any position (clean position field in module settings).

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 5.x”