Getting email errors.

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 5.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
jlsaloff
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Getting email errors.

Post by jlsaloff » Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:17 am

I have three 5.0.1 sites. One of them is emailing me errors daily and I can't figure out why. It seems to happen with blog page requests. The page changes but the basic error is

Call to a member function getParams() on null
File /(internal site path)/plugins/content/joomla/src/Extension/Joomla.php

I use Template CK and it doesn't appear to be an error from that.

How do I track this down?

I am self-taught with Joomla but have been using it since about 1.5. I am not a trained IT but can follow clear directions.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Getting email errors.

Post by toivo » Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:02 am

Do the emails come from some monitoring extensions, for example Admin Tools

The error is likely to originate in a third party content or system plugin.

Go to Global Configuration and set 'Error Reporting' to 'Maximum' and turn on 'Debug System'. Go to the Logging tab and select 'Log Almost Everything'. If you want to limit the debug output only to yourself, go to Plugins, locate the system plugin 'System - Debug' and add your unique usergroup, for example Super Users, into 'Allowed Groups'.

Now the error will display the PHP call stack, which will identify the culprit. Post the message and the PHP call stack here.

FPA results will also help us to help you. The link to the instructions is in the red banner at the top.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

SharkyKZ
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by SharkyKZ » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:56 am

It's a Joomla bug. Report it on the issue tracker.

jlsaloff
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jlsaloff » Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:36 am

Here's one error I'm getting:

2023-12-08T10:17:29+00:00 CRITICAL 94.23.203.52 error Uncaught Throwable of type Joomla\CMS\Router\Exception\RouteNotFoundException thrown with message "Page not found". Stack trace: #0 [ROOT]/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php(754): Joomla\CMS\Router\Router->parse(Object(Joomla\CMS\Uri\Uri), true)
#1 [ROOT]/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php(244): Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->route()
#2 [ROOT]/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php(306): Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->doExecute()
#3 [ROOT]/includes/app.php(58): Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()
#4 [ROOT]/index.php(32): require_once

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 5.x”