Stackideas (easysocial easyblog easydiscuss) and J5 : compatibility and alternatives

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 5.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
jan91
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Stackideas (easysocial easyblog easydiscuss) and J5 : compatibility and alternatives

Post by jan91 » Wed May 15, 2024 1:41 pm

Hi folks,
this is my very first message here :D

J5 :
i am using stackideas extensions since 2014, the last year as many of you knows the campany was sold and their products are rarely updated, with j4 its seems that there no (major) bugs, but for j5 as i read here on the forums it seems thats not stable. Any one can confirm before i proceed to upgrade to j5 ?

Alternatives :
In the same time i think that even its compatible today we'll get issues in the future as there are no support, so i am already seeking for alternatives, for easysocial maybe it can be replaced by jomsocial (i am not big fun) but mayble we'll not have lot of choices :/ for easydiscuss not sur if we can migrate to kunena for ex. And easyblog to joomla articles seems to be not possible without loosing lot of data ...

Wordpress :
I believe thats not the best place to talk about wordpress but that can be an alternative, but i am open for any experience here.

thanks!

gsmela
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Stackideas (easysocial easyblog easydiscuss) and J5 : compatibility and alternatives

Post by gsmela » Wed May 15, 2024 5:45 pm

I've got a J5 site with EasyDiscuss that is working properly but I'm looking at the best way to migrate to Kunena. There is no easy way to do it other than manipulating sql but I'm fed up with Stackideas to the point we're ready to simply dump it and start afresh with Kunena.

chris2k13
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Stackideas (easysocial easyblog easydiscuss) and J5 : compatibility and alternatives

Post by chris2k13 » Sat May 18, 2024 3:16 pm

gsmela wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 5:45 pm
I've got a J5 site with EasyDiscuss that is working properly but I'm looking at the best way to migrate to Kunena. There is no easy way to do it other than manipulating sql but I'm fed up with Stackideas to the point we're ready to simply dump it and start afresh with Kunena.
I recently bought the stack ideas bundle.
I've managed to get it working with j5 took about 5 months though and I've felt like I've been a bug fixer and told them everything that's not working.

It took 3 months of constantly asking for support for a major problem I found with registration.
However they've not updated the download package yet for everyone, unsure why.
Maybe they used quick hacks to fix all the problems I found.

I wouldn't say its very compatible as my error log is full from there components.
I've run out of time to ask for fixes.
I wont be renewing as its very expensive and you only get 6 months and that whole time has been on trying to make it compatible and bug fixing.

However I'm still going to continue using as I've invested half a year on it.
And is the best social component for joomla and I've tried them all, shame the development is gone.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 5.x”