Discuss Joomla! 3.6.0

A place to discuss recent announcements made by the Joomla! Core Team. Let's hear what you have to say.
User avatar
pe7er
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 21864
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:55 pm
Location: Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Contact:

Discuss Joomla! 3.6.0

Postby pe7er » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:51 pm

Here you can discuss about the release of Joomla 3.6.0

See Announcement: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=928738
Kind Regards,
Peter Martin, Global Moderator
https://db8.nl - Joomla specialist, Nijmegen, Nederland
Developer of Options Manager Lite https://db8.eu/download/file/options-manager-lite

User avatar
Beat
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:53 am
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: Discuss Joomla! 3.6.0

Postby Beat » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:59 pm

Congratulation to Joomla Community and all contributors! It's a nice milestone, and with version 3.7 not too far away with even more exciting new features, it is exciting times for Joomla! 8)
Beat 8)
www.joomlapolis.com <= Community Builder + CBSubs Joomla membership payment system - team
hosting.joomlapolis.com <= Joomla! Hosting, by the CB Team

User avatar
Beat
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:53 am
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: Discuss Joomla! 3.6.0

Postby Beat » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:11 am

There is a broken link on the announcement page (and forum announcement topic): "Joomla! 3.6" goes to a 404, but should go to the really well made 3.6 features page:

https://www.joomla.org/3/
Beat 8)
www.joomlapolis.com <= Community Builder + CBSubs Joomla membership payment system - team
hosting.joomlapolis.com <= Joomla! Hosting, by the CB Team

User avatar
kldany
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:25 am

Re: After update

Postby kldany » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:37 am

for me after update i cant install any extension

No installation plugin has been enabled. At least one must be enabled to be able to use the installer. Go to the Plugin Manager to enable the plugins.

when i clicj plugin manager got this : There are no plugins installed matching your query.

what we can do we stack
Last edited by imanickam on Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved the post from the topic http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=707&t=928733 to the topic http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=928739

sseguin
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:24 am

Re: Discuss Joomla! 3.6.0

Postby sseguin » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:51 am

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but the new feature of creating Categories on the fly, is there a way to disable this? There doesn't seem to be any option in the options of Article Manager.

Please let me know. I see users submitting articles and mistakenly typing the category name at the top and it creating new categories by mistake. It's a nice feature but one that should have an option to disable.

User avatar
nant
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 690
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:53 pm
Location: Greece
Contact:

Re: Discuss Joomla! 3.6.0

Postby nant » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:22 am

Same issue on 2 sites when upgrading to Joomla 3.6 I get:

1062 Duplicate entry '437' for key 'PRIMARY' SQL=INSERT INTO `#__extensions` (`extension_id`, `name`, `type`, `element`, `folder`, `client_id`, `enabled`, `access`, `protected`, `manifest_cache`, `params`, `custom_data`, `system_data`, `checked_out`, `checked_out_time`, `ordering`, `state`) VALUES (437, 'plg_quickicon_joomlaupdate', 'plugin', 'joomlaupdate', 'quickicon', 0, 1, 1, 1, '', '{}', '', '', 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, 0), (438, 'plg_quickicon_extensionupdate', 'plugin', 'extensionupdate', 'quickicon', 0, 1, 1, 1, '', '{}', '', '', 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, 0);

and then the Extensions Install page shows message:
Warning
No installation plugin has been enabled. At least one must be enabled to be able to use the installer. Go to the Plugin Manager to enable the plugins.

and I cannot install any extension (only install from web is available).

Again I confirmed the same issue on 2 sites.
Nick (nant)
Member of the Community Builder Team http://www.joomlapolis.com
CBSubs - Most powerful Joomla Paid Subscription System http://www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/cbsubs

User avatar
pe7er
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 21864
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:55 pm
Location: Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Discuss Joomla! 3.6.0

Postby pe7er » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:22 am

Beat wrote:There is a broken link on the announcement page (and forum announcement topic): "Joomla! 3.6" goes to a 404

I've corrected it in the forum announcement & asked other people to change it on the announcement page.
Thanks Beat!
Kind Regards,
Peter Martin, Global Moderator
https://db8.nl - Joomla specialist, Nijmegen, Nederland
Developer of Options Manager Lite https://db8.eu/download/file/options-manager-lite

User avatar
pe7er
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 21864
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:55 pm
Location: Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Discuss Joomla! 3.6.0

Postby pe7er » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:49 am

nant wrote:and then the Extensions Install page shows message:
Warning
No installation plugin has been enabled. At least one must be enabled to be able to use the installer. Go to the Plugin Manager to enable the plugins.

and I cannot install any extension (only install from web is available).

Again I confirmed the same issue on 2 sites.

I can confirm this. After Updating Joomla 3.5.1 to 3.6.0 on a website (with Conservative Cache = ON) I got an installation succeeded page where I did "Clear Cache".

My Extensions > Manage > Install did not show any options:
extension_install.png


And the Installer Plugins have all been enabled:
installer_plugins.png


I had to clear my site cache via System > Clear Cache > [Select Administrator] > Delete All
and the Extensions > Manage > Install was working again.

So on the Joomla Update using the Clear Cache button is not enough.
You have to manually empty your cache as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kind Regards,
Peter Martin, Global Moderator
https://db8.nl - Joomla specialist, Nijmegen, Nederland
Developer of Options Manager Lite https://db8.eu/download/file/options-manager-lite

User avatar
pe7er
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 21864
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:55 pm
Location: Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Discuss Joomla! 3.6.0

Postby pe7er » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:17 am

I've created an issue regarding the "Clear Cache" button on the Joomla Update page:
https://issues.joomla.org/tracker/joomla-cms/11090
Kind Regards,
Peter Martin, Global Moderator
https://db8.nl - Joomla specialist, Nijmegen, Nederland
Developer of Options Manager Lite https://db8.eu/download/file/options-manager-lite

itoctopus
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso
Posts: 4011
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:35 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada
Contact:

Re: Discuss Joomla! 3.6.0

Postby itoctopus » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:25 pm

It seems that Joomla 3.6 has benefited from a performance overhaul. That is excellent news. Hopefully one of the developers can list the performance work to make Joomla 3.6 faster than Joomla 3.x.
http://www.itoctopus.com - Joomla consulting at its finest
https://twitter.com/itoctopus - Follow us on Twitter

twylabits
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:11 am

Re: Discuss Joomla! 3.6.0

Postby twylabits » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:37 pm

Cleared the cache a few times on both site and admin (including via FTP with the browser closed). The plugins appeared momentarily then vanished again. Good thing I started with a small site. Suggestions? Well, besides reverting to a backup, which I've done for now.
Last edited by twylabits on Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BMCLLC
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:01 am

Re: Discuss Joomla! 3.6.0

Postby BMCLLC » Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:50 pm

Apparently the Google timing of my Two-Factor Verification extension (developed by Team-Readybytes) was corrupted by the installation of the Joomla 3.6.0 from 3.5.x. I no longer have access to the backend of my website. The initial first Google secret key still has proper timing.

I tried looking for the remedy on the Bug tracking but found nothing, nor can I figure out how to submit an installation-bug-to-be-fixed on those pages there.

The only solution I can deduce is to reinstall the website from the backup, back to the earlier version of 3.5.x?

Am I right?

PS: Tried opening the admin in a browser I never use; cleared the cookies and history. But this did not help either.

johnmwo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:10 pm

Re: Discuss Joomla! 3.6.0

Postby johnmwo » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:18 pm

I have just upgraded to 3.6.0 and I am having a problem with a new Featured Article not displaying on the front page of the site. It is marked as Featured in the back end but is not showing on the front page.

You can see this at:

http://www.almerimartoday.com/index.php

It should be displaying the first article in the following category but it is not showing up on the front page for some reason:

http://www.almerimartoday.com/index.php/events

Can anyone suggest how to resolve this? Thanks. John

HockeyProphets
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:47 pm

Re: Discuss Joomla! 3.6.0

Postby HockeyProphets » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:50 pm

johnmwo wrote:I have just upgraded to 3.6.0 and I am having a problem with a new Featured Article not displaying on the front page of the site. It is marked as Featured in the back end but is not showing on the front page.

You can see this at:

http://www.almerimartoday.com/index.php

It should be displaying the first article in the following category but it is not showing up on the front page for some reason:

http://www.almerimartoday.com/index.php/events

Can anyone suggest how to resolve this? Thanks. John


I'm having the same problem. New articles created are not posting to the site.

johnmwo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:10 pm

Re: Discuss Joomla! 3.6.0

Postby johnmwo » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:06 pm

Glad it is not just me. Any help would be much appreciated.

User avatar
TomT
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace
Posts: 1257
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:50 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: After update

Postby TomT » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:59 pm

kldany wrote:for me after update i cant install any extension

No installation plugin has been enabled. At least one must be enabled to be able to use the installer. Go to the Plugin Manager to enable the plugins.

when i clicj plugin manager got this : There are no plugins installed matching your query.

what we can do we stack

I went to the plugin manager, disabled the 'Installer - Install from Upload' and enabled it again, now it works.

User avatar
pe7er
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 21864
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:55 pm
Location: Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Discuss Joomla! 3.6.0

Postby pe7er » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:52 pm

johnmwo wrote:I have just upgraded to 3.6.0 and I am having a problem with a new Featured Article not displaying on the front page of the site. It is marked as Featured in the back end but is not showing on the front page.

I had the same issue on one site and found out that my new (copied) article is listed in the Featured Articles,
but the Ordering seems to have been messed up.

Go to Content > Featured Articles > click on the 1st column Ordering,
and move your featured article to the top (or bottom) so that it becomes visible.
Kind Regards,
Peter Martin, Global Moderator
https://db8.nl - Joomla specialist, Nijmegen, Nederland
Developer of Options Manager Lite https://db8.eu/download/file/options-manager-lite

johnmwo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:10 pm

Re: Discuss Joomla! 3.6.0

Postby johnmwo » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:59 pm

pe7er wrote:
johnmwo wrote:I have just upgraded to 3.6.0 and I am having a problem with a new Featured Article not displaying on the front page of the site. It is marked as Featured in the back end but is not showing on the front page.

I had the same issue on one site and found out that my new (copied) article is listed in the Featured Articles,
but the Ordering seems to have been messed up.

Go to Content > Featured Articles > click on the 1st column Ordering,
and move your featured article to the top (or bottom) so that it becomes visible.


UPDATED2 - Thanks for the response pe7er. I have around 2000 articles in a time ordered list in the back end as Featured Articles and the new article is showing at the bottom of the list. Trying to move this up to the top of the list for every new article I write is not feasible. I have now done it once but it has taken me ages. So I feel this problem needs to be fixed. If you need some help sorting this out I would be very happy to be a tame tester for the developers.

BMCLLC
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:01 am

Re: Discuss Joomla! 3.6.0

Postby BMCLLC » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:16 pm

BMCLLC wrote:Apparently the Google timing of my Two-Factor Verification extension (developed by T**-R~~) was corrupted by the installation of the Joomla 3.6.0 from 3.5.x. I no longer have access to the backend of my website.


Two-Factor Authentication is a plug-in, so I can see where doing the maneuver will fix the issue, but to get to the back end, my email bypass is also not working. Emails will not generate to allow me to get past the second security line and entry into the website.

User avatar
Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 33958
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:58 pm

Re: Discuss Joomla! 3.6.0

Postby Webdongle » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:23 pm

BMCLLC wrote:...
Two-Factor Authentication is a plug-in, so I can see where doing the maneuver will fix the issue, but to get to the back end, my email bypass is also not working. Emails will not generate to allow me to get past the second security line and entry into the website.

Unpublish the plugin in the database.

johnmwo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:10 pm

Re: Discuss Joomla! 3.6.0

Postby johnmwo » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:44 am

johnmwo wrote:
pe7er wrote:
johnmwo wrote:I have just upgraded to 3.6.0 and I am having a problem with a new Featured Article not displaying on the front page of the site. It is marked as Featured in the back end but is not showing on the front page.

I had the same issue on one site and found out that my new (copied) article is listed in the Featured Articles,
but the Ordering seems to have been messed up.

Go to Content > Featured Articles > click on the 1st column Ordering,
and move your featured article to the top (or bottom) so that it becomes visible.


UPDATED2 - Thanks for the response pe7er. I have around 2000 articles in a time ordered list in the back end as Featured Articles and the new article is showing at the bottom of the list. Trying to move this up to the top of the list for every new article I write is not feasible. I have now done it once but it has taken me ages. So I feel this problem needs to be fixed. If you need some help sorting this out I would be very happy to be a tame tester for the developers.


Hi - I have just checked on the back end of the site and I think I may have spotted a symptom or the cause. I chose to display all of the articles in the list in the back end (not pages of 20 etc.). I then selected to sort by the ordering column. Instead of being displayed in time order or article id order the list is sorted in alphabetical order of category. Which does not seem right.

User avatar
pe7er
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 21864
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:55 pm
Location: Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Contact:

Re: Discuss Joomla! 3.6.0

Postby pe7er » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:44 am

johnmwo wrote:UPDATED2 - Thanks for the response pe7er. I have around 2000 articles in a time ordered list in the back end as Featured Articles and the new article is showing at the bottom of the list. Trying to move this up to the top of the list for every new article I write is not feasible. I have now done it once but it has taken me ages. So I feel this problem needs to be fixed. If you need some help sorting this out I would be very happy to be a tame tester for the developers.

I totally understand that my workaround is not a solution for such amount of articles.
Your issue is known and being discussed: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/11103
Kind Regards,
Peter Martin, Global Moderator
https://db8.nl - Joomla specialist, Nijmegen, Nederland
Developer of Options Manager Lite https://db8.eu/download/file/options-manager-lite

spopic
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 11:56 am

Discuss Joomla! 3.6.0

Postby spopic » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:52 am

Hi!

The same problem here. Upgraded from Joomla 3.5.1 to Joomla 3.6. New Featured Articles are placed at the END of the list instead at the top!? Existing Featured Articles are placed correctly (most recent first)!?

Is there any solution for the problem?

Yours sincerely,
S.P.

BMCLLC
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:01 am

Re: Discuss Joomla! 3.6.0

Postby BMCLLC » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:49 am

Webdongle wrote:
BMCLLC wrote:...
Two-Factor Authentication is a plug-in, so I can see where doing the maneuver will fix the issue, but to get to the back end, my email bypass is also not working. Emails will not generate to allow me to get past the second security line and entry into the website.

Unpublish the plugin in the database.


An entry for plugins is not found in the database. modules are present, but not plugins.

Simply disabling the com_installer in extensions and re-enabling did not seem to work for me. Are there certain conditions that need to prevail to make it take effect?

johnmwo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:10 pm

Re: Discuss Joomla! 3.6.0

Postby johnmwo » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:14 am

pe7er wrote:
johnmwo wrote:UPDATED2 - Thanks for the response pe7er. I have around 2000 articles in a time ordered list in the back end as Featured Articles and the new article is showing at the bottom of the list. Trying to move this up to the top of the list for every new article I write is not feasible. I have now done it once but it has taken me ages. So I feel this problem needs to be fixed. If you need some help sorting this out I would be very happy to be a tame tester for the developers.

I totally understand that my workaround is not a solution for such amount of articles.
Your issue is known and being discussed: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/11103


pe7er - thanks again for the swift response and understanding that this is a significant issue for some people. I am very glad that it is a known problem and possible solutions are being discussed.

I now need to make a decision whether to revert my sites back to the earlier version (then republish the stories that are in the wrong order) or wait for a fix to be issued.

Do you have any idea of how long it might take for this issue to be resolved? That information will help me decide what action to take.

Thanks.

sergioyahni
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: Discuss Joomla! 3.6.0

Postby sergioyahni » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:47 am

I have updated my Joomla 3.5.1 to Joomla 3.6.
After the update I was warned that "No installation plugin has been enabled. At least one must be enabled to be able to use the installer. Go to the Plugin Manager to enable the plugins."
However at at the Plugin Manager there were two Plugins: Installer - RSFirewall! and Installer - Install from Web.
There was no possibility to install from upload.

I already tried to solve this problem by clearing the cache. It didn't work.

johnmwo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:10 pm

Re: Discuss Joomla! 3.6.0

Postby johnmwo » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:13 pm

johnmwo wrote:
pe7er wrote:
johnmwo wrote:UPDATED2 - Thanks for the response pe7er. I have around 2000 articles in a time ordered list in the back end as Featured Articles and the new article is showing at the bottom of the list. Trying to move this up to the top of the list for every new article I write is not feasible. I have now done it once but it has taken me ages. So I feel this problem needs to be fixed. If you need some help sorting this out I would be very happy to be a tame tester for the developers.

I totally understand that my workaround is not a solution for such amount of articles.
Your issue is known and being discussed: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/11103


pe7er - thanks again for the swift response and understanding that this is a significant issue for some people. I am very glad that it is a known problem and possible solutions are being discussed.

I now need to make a decision whether to revert my sites back to the earlier version (then republish the stories that are in the wrong order) or wait for a fix to be issued.

Do you have any idea of how long it might take for this issue to be resolved? That information will help me decide what action to take.

Thanks.


I have reverted the two systems back to 3.5.1 so I am OK for a while now. I will keep an eye out for when a fix is available. After that I will upgrade to the latest version.

pe7er - Thanks for the information. Much appreciated.

User avatar
nant
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 690
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:53 pm
Location: Greece
Contact:

Re: Discuss Joomla! 3.6.0

Postby nant » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:34 pm

nant wrote:Same issue on 2 sites when upgrading to Joomla 3.6 I get:

1062 Duplicate entry '437' for key 'PRIMARY' SQL=INSERT INTO `#__extensions` (`extension_id`, `name`, `type`, `element`, `folder`, `client_id`, `enabled`, `access`, `protected`, `manifest_cache`, `params`, `custom_data`, `system_data`, `checked_out`, `checked_out_time`, `ordering`, `state`) VALUES (437, 'plg_quickicon_joomlaupdate', 'plugin', 'joomlaupdate', 'quickicon', 0, 1, 1, 1, '', '{}', '', '', 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, 0), (438, 'plg_quickicon_extensionupdate', 'plugin', 'extensionupdate', 'quickicon', 0, 1, 1, 1, '', '{}', '', '', 0, '0000-00-00 00:00:00', 0, 0);

and then the Extensions Install page shows message:
Warning
No installation plugin has been enabled. At least one must be enabled to be able to use the installer. Go to the Plugin Manager to enable the plugins.

and I cannot install any extension (only install from web is available).

Again I confirmed the same issue on 2 sites.



These issues are discussed with workaround here:

https://www.joomlapolis.com/news/18690-joomla-3-0-6-faq
Nick (nant)
Member of the Community Builder Team http://www.joomlapolis.com
CBSubs - Most powerful Joomla Paid Subscription System http://www.joomlapolis.com/cb-solutions/cbsubs

sovainfo
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar
Posts: 8818
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:06 pm

Re: Discuss Joomla! 3.6.0

Postby sovainfo » Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:20 pm

Suggest to ignore the advice above. Those statement are processed when updating to J2.5.0, so they shouldn't even be included in this update!
Issue with migrating? Include logs/joomla_update.php in your report!
Blank screen? Verify pagesource for HTML code (javascript error)
Installation failing on populating database? Install with set_time_limit(0)
Document your customizations!

User avatar
Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master
Posts: 33958
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:58 pm

Re: Discuss Joomla! 3.6.0

Postby Webdongle » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:07 pm

BMCLLC wrote:....
An entry for plugins is not found in the database. modules are present, but not plugins.

...
Yes plugins are in the database


Return to “Announcements Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests