The User Documentation Team is responsible for the production of the main content for the Help Site; http://help.joomla.org.
We have a number of projects that are currently either ongoing or pending implementation:
- The Official Joomla! 1.5 Help Screens
- The Official Installation Manual for Joomla! 1.5
- The Official User Manual for Joomla! 1.5
- The Official Administrator Manual for Joomla! 1.5
- Other related guides and reference material covering all manner of topics from local server installation guides to references on FTP usage
- Updating the Official 1.0.11 User Manual to 1.0.12 and converting it for web access on the Help Site.
- Updating the Official 1.0.x Administrator Manual
- Updating the Official 1.0.x Installation Manual
We will also consider documents that you have written that we can host within the Help Site itself. These Supported Documents will be required to follow a set of stringent guidelines and will not be permitted to include any direct self-promotion or commercial interests, although we will, of course, include direct attribution of the authorship and inclusion of single Homepage reference link.
- Will be submitted (and published if accepted) in accordance with the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 license in use across all documentation on the Help Site and any subsequent license change that Joomla! may deem necessary.
- Will be subject to review and editing by the User Documentation Team for format, style, and technical accuracy
- Will be subject to review and update by the User Documentation Team to reflect any changes of the Joomla! content management system
- At this time we can only accept documentation provided in English.
We reserve the right to not publish material if we decide it does not fit within the scope of the User Documentation Project.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.