146 - Select a Team Blog and translate it into a non-English language (Dutch)

Google's Highly Open Participation Program tries to get young students into Open Source and Joomla! specifically. Everyone is welcome, there are not limits. You can be a coder, documenter, tester, translator to help out. Jump in and start helping!
Marieke92
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

146 - Select a Team Blog and translate it into a non-English language (Dutch)

Post by Marieke92 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:30 am

Hi,

This is the (second) task I claimed:
One line summary
Select a Team Blog and translate it into a non-English language.

Description
Select an important Joomla! Team Blog entry and translate it into a
non-English language.

Possible options:
    * Joomla! performance Testing
    * Joomla! 1.5 Accessibility - Look Ma no Itemid’s

Skills Needed
    * Good Communication Skill.
    * Good Open Office Writer and communication skills.

Difficulty
Simple.

Work Product
Well written translation.

Licensing
Documentation written for this task must be made available under the
Joomla! Electronic Documentation License.

Extra Credit (Optional)

Time Limit
2 weeks.

IMPORTANT: YOu must check the other translation tasks first to make sure no
one else is translating the same blog in the same language.
I will translate into Dutch.
Claimed on 13th of December
To be handed in at the 26th of December

I'm a bit confused about the license now.. JEDL or Creative Common?

I thought the blogs about RC4 would be interesting. If you've got suggestions about good blogs, please tell me :)

Greetings,

Marieke
Last edited by AmyStephen on Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greetz, Marieke
Joomla! Documentation Working Group | Joomla! Bug Squad Member | Joomla! Development Working Group
1.6 Help Screen Project Leader
Joomla!Community (Dutch Community) Documentation Team leader

Marieke92
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: 146 - Select a Team Blog and translate it into a non-English language (Dutch)

Post by Marieke92 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:18 am

I will translate the following three blogs:
http://www.joomla.org/component/option, ... 105/p,446/
and
http://www.joomla.org/component/option, ... 105/p,461/
and
http://www.joomla.org/component/option, ... 105/p,462/
These blogs are all quite actual and I think it contains important information about Joomla! 1.5.
I hope that's fine with you.

Is it correct that I have to use the JED License?

Marieke
Greetz, Marieke
Joomla! Documentation Working Group | Joomla! Bug Squad Member | Joomla! Development Working Group

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: 146 - Select a Team Blog and translate it into a non-English language (Dutch

Post by AmyStephen » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:27 am

Marieke -

The selection of those blogs makes a lot of sense. RC 4 is soon to be released. There might even be another blog, any day now, that would be a good candidate, too.

I trust your judgement and know you have an excellent mentor involved.

Regarding your licensing question, please use the JED license unless someone returns to tell you differently.

Thank you for taking a second task. Good luck!

Amy :)

Marieke92
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: 146 - Select a Team Blog and translate it into a non-English language (Dutch)

Post by Marieke92 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:59 pm

Hi,

You can download the 3 translated blogs from overhere:
http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/tuinjw/3Teamblogs.zip
They already has been checked by MarijkeS. Do you want her to post an evaluation of this task?
Can I add it to the ghop-topic?

Translation of the new RC4-blog - if important - will follow, but I want to be free to claim another task (assuming you accept these 3 blogs).
This is because I want to claim a third - and I think last - task at ghop (#61).

Thanks,
Marieke
Greetz, Marieke

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: 146 - Select a Team Blog and translate it into a non-English language (Dutch

Post by AmyStephen » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:10 pm

Marieke -

Please do post your documents on the Google Task. It would be very much appreciated if MarijkeS was willing to post her evaluation, again. (Somehow, I think she is very pleased with your work!  8) ).

I will close the Google task as soon as you post your work there so you can quickly select another.

Thank you very much for your continued contributions to the Joomla! community. You rock!

MarijkeS
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by MarijkeS » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:17 am

Again a nice job to assist Marieke in translating several teamblogs concerning RC4. Her choice to translate the blogs about this came up in our conversations about the progress to RC4.
Maybe the next impression shows something about Marieke's work.

We often keep contact trough MSN. Mostly we keep a window open and if there are some things we want to share, we do. So while Marieke was translating blogs about the progress of RC4 I discovered the news about the database update for RC4. Marieke almost immediately responded with the link to an article on the teamblog about this issue.
My thougths were that this would be interesting for the Dutch Joomla Community. A translation of this article would be a great help for our community, so I asked her to make this prio number 1.
She dropped everyhing she was doing at that moment and in less than an hour I could post a topic including Marieke's translation about the database update.

Yes, we at Dutchjoomla.org, not only me, are very pleased with Marieke's work. And as you can see we could already take advantage of it!
Last edited by MarijkeS on Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coordinator Translationteam JoomlaCommunity.eu | Member Dutch Translation Team - http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/nederlands/l
Joomla! Translation Coordination Team

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AmyStephen » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:43 am

Wonderful, again, thank you very much Marijke!

pvh123
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by pvh123 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:27 am

A little bit from me as a "Dutchman" ;)

I have read the translated blogs and it looks very good. One remark is the prevention of using the same word more than once. Although the original text might contain this, it is allowed (and better legible/readable) when translating to use synomiems for a particular word.

Other than that excellent work again from Marieke and Marijke ;) (to use different names with the same meaning I believe).
Note: Sending me private messages for personal support, without this been requested, would lead to ignoring any of your posts in future!

Marieke92
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Marieke92 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:01 pm

Hi,

I'd like to thank you for reading the blogs, and the interest you show.  :)
Other than that excellent work again from Marieke and Marijke ;) (to use different names with the same meaning I believe).
Although the names look quite the same, we're really two different persons.
You can look to the team list of Dutchjoomla to be sure: http://forum.dutchjoomla.org/showgroups.php
At the bottom you'll see the list of the translation team. MarijkeS is written in a red colour, which means she's a coördinator. My username, Marieke92, is written in a yellow colour, which means I'm a normal translationteam member.

Marieke
Greetz, Marieke

pvh123
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by pvh123 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:16 pm

Marieke,
I was only joking :)

Pieter
Note: Sending me private messages for personal support, without this been requested, would lead to ignoring any of your posts in future!

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AmyStephen » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:15 pm

Marieke -

Pieter is a super nice guy, so certainly, he would not really assume you were the same person.

But, it's good to have proof because you are a very amazing 15-year old!  8)

We appreciate all you are doing, here for the Joomla! community, and locally. You are an important contributor, already, even at such a young age, and a role model for others,

pvh123
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by pvh123 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:56 pm

Amy,

May be I should spent a bit more time in the Dutch Joomla fora etc. I am too much international oriented ;)

And sure enough I am impressed by our Dutch Marieke.

Pieter

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AmyStephen » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:12 am

pvh123 wrote: May be I should spent a bit more time in the Dutch Joomla fora etc. I am too much international oriented ;)

Pieter -

You are fine right where you are!  ;)

And, yes, she is very impressive, indeed!

MarijkeS
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by MarijkeS » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:34 am

pvh123 wrote: Amy,

May be I should spent a bit more time in the Dutch Joomla fora etc. I am too much international oriented ;)

Pieter

And we're very glad to have seen you the same night on our forum and responding in topics!  :)

Thanks for the interest and the kind words about Marieke (and myself)
Coordinator Translationteam JoomlaCommunity.eu | Member Dutch Translation Team - http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/nederlands/l
Joomla! Translation Coordination Team

Return to “Google's Highly Open Participation Contest”