051 - Create a Video demonstrating how to recover your Administrator Password...

Google's Highly Open Participation Program tries to get young students into Open Source and Joomla! specifically. Everyone is welcome, there are not limits. You can be a coder, documenter, tester, translator to help out. Jump in and start helping!
slogen123
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: 051 - Create a Video demonstrating how to recover your Administrator Passwor

Post by slogen123 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:26 am

I actually found this interesting article on USA Today about some different video streaming providers that deliver higher-quality content. I'm messing around with http://www.veoh.com now to see how my video comes out. You might want to take a look at see you make out.

Andrew

J. Ramsay
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: 051 - Create a Video demonstrating how to recover your Administrator Password...

Post by J. Ramsay » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:22 am

Hi Andrew,

I apologise for not making myself clearer. I am producing two different output videos. One at a resolution of 640x480 in MOV format and another at 320x240 in WMV for [youtube] as that way [youtube] doesn't downsize it itself which results in a more blury video.

For WMV, select is as the output type, then leave the profile as the the recommended and then just the resolution down in the next window. Then you should have a small WMV file that will upload and look just like it does on your computer, still rather dreadful quality, but at least it doesn't decrease further with the resizing routines.

Cheers,
James
Zebras don't have stripes, every photo you have ever seen has been Photoshoped!

slogen123
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: 051 - Create a Video demonstrating how to recover your Administrator Passwor

Post by slogen123 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:48 pm

I'm going ahead and leaving my final version on Veoh, another provider with MUCH better quality. Check out my video here if you want. Best of luck

Andrew

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AmyStephen » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:58 pm

That is incredible.  8)

J. Ramsay
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: 051 - Create a Video demonstrating how to recover your Administrator Password...

Post by J. Ramsay » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:02 pm

Hi,

Thanks for pointing out Veoh. I am glad we can have it on some online streaming site even if it isn't [youtube] or Google Video.

VEOH: http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1818492yRNhWTdg

Cheers,
James

J. Ramsay
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by J. Ramsay » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:32 am

Hi,

Just confirming that this task is done? I have uploaded files and links to Google Code.

If there is something I have missed or that needs improvement, I am happy to fix it ASAP.

Cheers,
James

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AmyStephen » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:44 am

James -

LOVE your voice - excellent instructions - this *will* get used - and, thanks for uploading to veoh - that works great!

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1818492yRNhWTdg

Happy New Year to you and thank you, again, for your contributions to Joomla!,

Amy :)

dharmony
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by dharmony » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:51 pm

That was a lot to read!  ;D  I am having problems logging in.  I followed the video.  And when I changed the password to admin it looked as if it didn't take.  It gave me a long list of letters and numbers.  Then it told me invalid UN & PW when I tried my old UN & PW there was no error sign it just sat there as if it is waiting for the UN & PW again.  Please help!  There are a lot of people on the forum w/the same problem. THX

J. Ramsay
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by J. Ramsay » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:54 pm

Hi,
Unfortunatly, this isn't a support section. There is an official FAQ page that answers questions in this topic.

Forum FAQ Thread: http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,10985.0.html
Help Site FAQ: http://help.joomla.org/component/option ... temid,268/

When you changed the password, as I said in the video, that is your new password. So you password is now "admin" and your usename is whatever it was before. Remember to change your password from the backend to ensure that our password is properly secured.

Hope that helps!
Cheers,
James

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AmyStephen » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:31 am

That's correct, James, thanks for the help, too.

dharmony - I asked someone if they might have time to respond to you. I pointed the video out since you indicated you were having trouble logging on after updating your password. But, this is a contest area not a support area, as James pointed out.

Thanks for understanding,
Amy :)

Return to “Google's Highly Open Participation Contest”