Template Contest Entry - [javanya] updated

This forum is for the Joomla! 1.5 template contest, where people can post their templates.
bbrooke
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Template Contest Entry - [javanya] updated

Post by bbrooke » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:01 am

That fixed it.  Thanks for your quick reply!  :-)

doengs
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by doengs » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:07 am

bbrooke wrote: That fixed it.  Thanks for your quick reply!  :-)
you're welcome  ;)

hmagday
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hmagday » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:49 pm

doengs.... your template is very nice... can i use it for our company website.... thanks.
iSF1

michaelmash
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by michaelmash » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:20 pm

babe,i compare different ,and find that really can work. and display read more in different translation.

Code: Select all

<?php if ($this->params->get('show_readmore') && JText::_('Read more...')) : ?>
<tr>
	<td  colspan="2">
		<a href="<?php echo $this->item->readmore_link; ?>" class="readon<?php echo $this->params->get( 'pageclass_sfx' ); ?>">
			<?php echo JText::_('Read more...'); ?>
		</a>
	</td>
</tr>
<?php endif; ?>

michaelmash
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by michaelmash » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:10 pm

this one is better.

<?php if ($this->item->params->get('show_readmore') && $this->item->readmore) : ?>
<tr>
	<td  colspan="2">
	<a href="<?php echo $this->item->readmore_link; ?>" class="readon<?php echo $this->item->params->get('pageclass_sfx'); ?>">
		<?php if ($this->item->readmore_register) :
			echo JText::_('Register to read more...');
		elseif ($readmore = $this->item->params->get('readmore')) :
			echo $readmore;
		else :
			echo JText::sprintf('Read more...', $this->item->title);
		endif; ?></a>
	</td>
</tr>
<?php endif; ?>

doengs
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by doengs » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:20 am

hmagday wrote: doengs.... your template is very nice... can i use it for our company website.... thanks.
yes of course you can use it  ;)

DesignGuy
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by DesignGuy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:49 pm

Nicely done.
John Coonen
Host, CMS Expo Learning & Business Conference - http://CMSExpo.net
Managing Director, The CMS Connection - http://CMSConnection.com
Co-founder, JoomlaChicago

thisyear
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by thisyear » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:16 pm

Good Day,

I am enjoying playing with your template as I try and find a look for a website I am thinking of building for myself and some friends. I have a few questions I hope can be answered.

1) Is it possible to position the 'login' in the top bar at the very right in a horizontal fashion? I have space up there and it would be a great place to always have the login visible.
2) Curious as to why my two modules in the user1, user 2 spots (typically occupied by latest news and popular) are not formated correctly. The right most list goes off the template. Are there any steps I can make to have them styled correctly?

my test site can be viewed at http://www.thisyear.ca/joomla

Thank you for any help.

Regards.

doengs
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by doengs » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:49 am

DesignGuy wrote: Nicely done.
thank you :)

doengs
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by doengs » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:53 am

thisyear wrote: Good Day,

I am enjoying playing with your template as I try and find a look for a website I am thinking of building for myself and some friends. I have a few questions I hope can be answered.

1) Is it possible to position the 'login' in the top bar at the very right in a horizontal fashion? I have space up there and it would be a great place to always have the login visible.
2) Curious as to why my two modules in the user1, user 2 spots (typically occupied by latest news and popular) are not formated correctly. The right most list goes off the template. Are there any steps I can make to have them styled correctly?

Thank you for any help.

Regards.
1. yes it's very possible to put login in top right bar (user4 in javanya original position). you need to edit the overriden login module in javanya/html/mod_login/default.php and make it horizontal style.
if you need more width for the login module, edit the width in #jv-search and div.jv-topmenu on template.css.

2. From what I see you use two modules for docman, try add this line li.mod_docman_lister_link to the folowing:
template.css around #178

li.latestnews, li.mostread, li.mod_docman_lister_link {
	list-style-type:none; padding:4px 0px; margin-left:10px;}
blue.css around #42

border-bottom:1px dotted #4e6671;}
Have a good day

thisyear
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by thisyear » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:57 pm

doengs wrote:
thisyear wrote: Good Day,

Thank you for any help.

Regards.
1. yes it's very possible to put login in top right bar (user4 in javanya original position). you need to edit the overriden login module in javanya/html/mod_login/default.php and make it horizontal style.
if you need more width for the login module, edit the width in #jv-search and div.jv-topmenu on template.css.

2. From what I see you use two modules for docman, try add this line li.mod_docman_lister_link to the folowing:
template.css around #178

list-style-type:none; padding:4px 0px; margin-left:10px;}
blue.css around #42

border-bottom:1px dotted #4e6671;}
Have a good day
Thank you for the advice. I've tried making the changes to template.css and blue.css to no avail. It seems like my docman module is overriding it somehow. I've tried to contact the creator in their forum but I can't seem to sign up as it says my gmail.com doesn't have a proper MX domain. Somethings broke in their forum.

Regards.

bryan139
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by bryan139 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:40 am

Hi! I love your template! I am probably going to use it for a family history site, if that is okay with you.

Two quick questions-- I am trying to change a few of the colors around, and I am at a loss of where to change the color of the bottom bar thing that has the copyright, etc. See http://nsl.whitings.org/joomla/. See how it is still the dark green? I would like that to be the brownish color that I have for the top, but I can't figure out where to change it. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Also, I have been trying to figure out why the entire "search this site" png doesn't show up. I changed it so that it has rounded edges. When I uploaded the new version, I noticed that the bottom was cut off. See Image compared to what it looks like on the actual site. I tried upping the height in template.css under #jv-wrap-top in the layout section, but that seemed only to make the brown bigger. Do you have any ideas?

Again, thanks so much for your help! I don't know enough about CSS or joomla to make templates, so I have to rely on creative people like you. Thanks again!
-bryan

doengs
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by doengs » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:17 am

bryan139 wrote: Hi! I love your template! I am probably going to use it for a family history site, if that is okay with you.
yes that's okay you can use it  :)
Two quick questions-- I am trying to change a few of the colors around, and I am at a loss of where to change the color of the bottom bar thing that has the copyright, etc. See http://nsl.whitings.org/joomla/. See how it is still the dark green? I would like that to be the brownish color that I have for the top, but I can't figure out where to change it. Your help would be greatly appreciated!
that's actually a background image. see /javanya/images/brown/jv-brn-bgft.png. so simply change the image.  the css is on #jv-wrap-bottom on brown.css (line#9) for the background and template.css (line#12) for the layout.
Also, I have been trying to figure out why the entire "search this site" png doesn't show up. I changed it so that it has rounded edges. When I uploaded the new version, I noticed that the bottom was cut off. See compared to what it looks like on the actual site. I tried upping the height in template.css under #jv-wrap-top in the layout section, but that seemed only to make the brown bigger. Do you have any ideas?
try add some heights in your inputbox so it has the same height with the "search this site" image.
in original javanya code it's on template.css line#100

input.inputbox#mod_search_searchword {
	height:26px; width:166px; border:0px; padding-left:7px;}
in your case, change the #mod_search_searchword to #ps_search_str

Cheers.

AJacob
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by AJacob » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:08 am

Great template here. I wanted to ask permission to use it on a company site that I'm putting together now.

doengs
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by doengs » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:37 pm

AJacob wrote: Great template here. I wanted to ask permission to use it on a company site that I'm putting together now.
I appreciate you asking. You may use it.

ironmankho
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ironmankho » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:51 pm

doengs   :) great work

doengs
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by doengs » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:55 am

ironmankho wrote:doengs :) great work
thanks ironmankho :)

Joscarfas
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Joscarfas » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:03 pm

Hey - That's an excellent template. You've done a great job.

I've uploaded your template to use it in my site, however, it's impossible for me to edit the template parameters. While trying to do that, I get the following error:

Details
Name: javanya
Description: New look for Joomla 1.5
Menu Assignment
Menus: Cannot assign Default Template
Parameters The Parameter-File /templates/javanya/params.ini is Writable!

Fatal error: Cannot access empty property in /home/dailyhar/public_html/libraries/joomla/registry/registry.php on line 146

Any idea what the problem may be?

Joscarfas
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Joscarfas » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:57 pm

Got it - Here is the solution.

This is a server side issue. If you're using SiteGround as your host. You must change the default Php version.

Add the following line to your .htaccess file and that will fix the problem:

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php52 .php .php5 .php4 .php3

adje
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by adje » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:28 pm

hi Judith,
as you know I am using your excellent template in the aNovo website.
However, since I updated Joomla to 1.5.1. the template is jumping from left to right and vice versa when choosing other menu items. I noticed this both in Safari and FF.
This gives a very unquiet picture. With JA-purity and milkyway this does not occur. Beez shows the same problem. Test it by means of the template chooser (http://www.anovo.nl)
Do you have a solution? I sincerely hope so because I do not wish to change to another template
best wishes
Adrian

Joscarfas
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Joscarfas » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:47 pm

This is a follow up to my previous post.

Be aware that by adding the following line
**AddHandler application/x-httpd-php52 .php .php5 .php4 .php3 ** to your .htaccess file, you will fix the template problem that prevents you from editing the template parameters, however, you will be unable to install any additional extensions. At least that's the problem I'm facing now, you must delete the .htaccess file before any extension installation and then copy the htaccess to your root directory again, unless someone else has a different solution to this problem.

Hope this info helps.

TarantinoArchives
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by TarantinoArchives » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:01 pm

I just wanna say again how great this template is, and while the modifications I made aren't far reaching enough (I had no time to make further trims), the result looks pretty good (nmun-regensburg.de/nmun). congrats again, to a really sexy template. simple and professional, well on the eyes.
http://www.tarantino.info The Quentin Tarantino Archives | http://www.spaghetti-western.net The Spaghetti Western Database
Signature rules - Literal URL's Only.

Joscarfas
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Joscarfas » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:12 pm

Just curious - What extension are you using for the google video?

TarantinoArchives
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by TarantinoArchives » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:10 pm

I am not sure right now because I tried so many things, I believe in the end I just embedded it as html code or something, or it was the wysiwyg editor.....
http://www.tarantino.info The Quentin Tarantino Archives | http://www.spaghetti-western.net The Spaghetti Western Database
Signature rules - Literal URL's Only.

doengs
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by doengs » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:21 am

Sorry for the late reply! I have not received any mail notification on new posts!
But you can always reach me through my site (you won't see much but the contact form is working :P )

@Joscarfas
I'm glad you found the solution with the issue

@Adrian
i'll check it my friend

@TarantinoArchives
glad you like my template :)

Cheers,
Yudith

doengs
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by doengs » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:41 am

adje wrote:hi Judith,
as you know I am using your excellent template in the aNovo website.
However, since I updated Joomla to 1.5.1. the template is jumping from left to right and vice versa when choosing other menu items. I noticed this both in Safari and FF.
This gives a very unquiet picture. With JA-purity and milkyway this does not occur. Beez shows the same problem. Test it by means of the template chooser (http://www.anovo.nl)
Do you have a solution? I sincerely hope so because I do not wish to change to another template
best wishes
Adrian
Hi Adrian,
i think i already fixed this before because i don't see any changes on 1.5.1 and javanya 1.08.
download javanya 1.08

Cheers,
Yudith

newart
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by newart » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:45 am

Hi Judith!
As you know I'm always been a fan of your artworks, well, I'd like to share with you my new site for your splendid template (as a mirror site for downloading? I don't know but I like your efforts, a lot) and for your work, interested?
former Q&T WorkGroup Joomla member - Italian Translation Team Member

jk1
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

How can I adjust left and right borders?

Post by jk1 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:23 pm

Hi,

I would like to eliminate the left and right borders (padding) for the top 'header image', breadcrumb and user1/user2 modules, so that they have the same width as the user3 'Top Menu' and footer background images. I would appreciate a hint which lines of code have to be adjusted.

JK

doengs
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by doengs » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:32 pm

newart wrote:Hi Judith!
As you know I'm always been a fan of your artworks, well, I'd like to share with you my new site for your splendid template (as a mirror site for downloading? I don't know but I like your efforts, a lot) and for your work, interested?
very much, yes ;D

doengs
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: How can I adjust left and right borders?

Post by doengs » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:37 pm

jk1 wrote:Hi,

I would like to eliminate the left and right borders (padding) for the top 'header image', breadcrumb and user1/user2 modules, so that they have the same width as the user3 'Top Menu' and footer background images. I would appreciate a hint which lines of code have to be adjusted.

JK
on template.css around #14 see #jv-mid

width:960px; margin: 0 auto;}
change the width to 100%

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 Template Contest”