vBridge 1.22 for vBulletin 3.5 released

Discuss the universal connector for forums and other applications. (including vBridge )
ERuiz
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: vBridge 1.22 for vBulletin 3.5 released

Post by ERuiz » Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:31 pm

Thank you so much for your help, Predator! Ok, after patching the index.pho file, I no longer get the not installed error. But I've noticed that the font on the website has gotten a bit bigger!

Also, even after syncing the users, I still can't logout from the website. Once I click on logout, I cam taking to a a whole page view of the forum. When I go back to the homepage, I am still logged in.
Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
Virtual American Airlines
http://www.virtualaa.com

clenard
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by clenard » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:46 am

LOL... everytime I come to this site -- I end up upgrading to the latest Version of Joomla -- then I find out that thanks to Predator the vBulletin 3.5.1 is working !!!

but... I'm now upgraded to 1.0.4 in Joomla  ???

Predator -- do you know if this will work with 1.0.4 and 3.5.1 ??? I would think so -- but I'm afraid to try on my live site.

Also, isn't there a mod that you made for newest posts from vB on Joomla's frontpage? Or am I trippin' ?

Thanks for the Hard work bud!  8)

ERuiz
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by ERuiz » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:04 am

clenard wrote: LOL... everytime I come to this site -- I end up upgrading to the latest Version of Joomla -- then I find out that thanks to Predator the vBulletin 3.5.1 is working !!!

Predator -- do you know if this will work with 1.0.4 and 3.5.1 ??? I would think so -- but I'm afraid to try on my live site.

Also, isn't there a mod that you made for newest posts from vB on Joomla's frontpage? Or am I trippin' ?

Hi clenard! I know you directed your question to Predator but I will try to give you an answer.  ;) I can safely say that vBridge 1.22 WORKS with Joomla 1.0.4 and vBulletin 3.5.1! I have both of them installed and was able, after a few errors on my side, to get it fully installed and working.

The only problem I am having is the same problem almost everyone is having, which is that you can login via Joomla but when you go to the Forum, you appear there as not logged in. If you login via the vBulletin login form, once you go back to Joomla, you will appear as logged off from Joomla. Also, if you are logged in with Joomla and hit the logout button, you will be taken to an unwrapped version of the forum and appear as unlogged.

I think Predator mentioned somewhere that this problem was being worked on and we should expect a fix soon.

As for the newest posts mod on the frontpage, I have it installed and it works like a charm.  :) It is included with vBridge 1.22

-Efrain
Last edited by ERuiz on Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

Efrain Ruiz

sysop
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by sysop » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:11 am

Same issue how ERuiz i have, but what jomla core files do u using?
the joomla.php files of vbridges package is not up to date but to work propely is necessary to using it..
well, now i asking to predator, when last release of joomla core files is coming up?
Thanks in advance and Thanks for your work, very appreciate.
VOTE FOR JOOMLA!, UK LINUX AWARDS: http://snipurl.com/xhga
Vote for Joomla! NOW http://www.packtpub.com/article/final_five_joomla

clenard
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by clenard » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:16 am

ERuiz wrote:
clenard wrote: LOL... everytime I come to this site -- I end up upgrading to the latest Version of Joomla -- then I find out that thanks to Predator the vBulletin 3.5.1 is working !!!

Hi clenard! I know you directed your question to Predator but I will try to give you an answer.  ;) I can safely say that vBridge 1.22 WORKS with Joomla 1.0.4 and vBulletin 3.5.1! I have both of them installed and was able, after a few errors on my side, to get it fully installed and working.

The only problem I am having is the same problem almost everyone is having, which is that you can login via Joomla but when you go to the Forum, you appear there as not logged in. If you login via the vBulletin login form, once you go back to Joomla, you will appear as logged off from Joomla. Also, if you are logged in with Joomla and hit the logout button, you will be taken to an unwrapped version of the forum and appear as unlogged.

I think Predator mentioned somewhere that this problem was being worked on and we should expect a fix soon.

As for the newest posts mod on the frontpage, I have it installed and it works like a charm.  :) It is included with vBridge 1.22

-Efrain
SWEET! Thanks man!

Answers like this keep Predator happy, I'm sure :D

clenard
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by clenard » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:05 am

Well... the only problem I seem to be having is that when I try to go to my frontpage -- it redirects me to the forum. I've played with the Config -- but it still takes me there.  ???

rgbman
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by rgbman » Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:22 pm

*edit*made a new thread to keep this on track
Last edited by rgbman on Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZED28
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ZED28 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:26 am

ERuiz wrote:I can safely say that vBridge 1.22 WORKS with Joomla 1.0.4 and vBulletin 3.5.1! I have both of them installed and was able, after a few errors on my side, to get it fully installed and working.

EXACT same problem here with an identical setup - Joomla 1.0.4 and vBulletin 3.5.1 running on a test site. 

Initially, I was unable to stay logged into the forums at all if I navigated away from them to Joomla.  On revisiting the forums I would be logged out.  I changed the cookie location settings in vBulletin to /forum and this allowed me to stay logged into the forum regardless of where I went.

But now as I stated, I have identical problems to ERuiz, hope this helps any... :-\

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Predator » Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:38 pm

OK slowly back again was one week sick still not well, but able to be online again ;) and finished the rest.
The "Humor, Fun and Games" forum has  more than 2500 Posts, so why not build a "Humor, Fun and Games Working" Group?
Malicious tongues say we have this WG right from the start, they call it core team :D

dsendecki
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by dsendecki » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:06 pm

Welcome back!  :D Hope you'll feel better soon!  8)

ERuiz
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by ERuiz » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:11 pm

Predator wrote: OK slowly back again was one week sick still not well, but able to be online again ;) and finished the rest.
WOOHOO!!! Hope you are doing much better, Predator! We wait patiently for that cookie problem fix! ;-) lol
Regards,

Efrain Ruiz

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Predator » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:14 pm

ERuiz wrote:
Predator wrote: OK slowly back again was one week sick still not well, but able to be online again ;) and finished the rest.
WOOHOO!!! Hope you are doing much better, Predator! We wait patiently for that cookie problem fix! ;-) lol
Yes i know i have started to fix it when i got heavy sick starting sunday :(
The "Humor, Fun and Games" forum has  more than 2500 Posts, so why not build a "Humor, Fun and Games Working" Group?
Malicious tongues say we have this WG right from the start, they call it core team :D

leonsio
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by leonsio » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:24 pm

willkommen unter den lebenden ;)  8)

ZED28
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ZED28 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:42 pm

WB Predator, hope you're feeling a little better! ;) Just wanted to post an update on my status.  I've got a local test install of Joomla 1.0.4 and VB 3.5.1 on a Windows box running in Apache.  I also have a public test site with the same config running on a Linux host.  I have the same probs with both but something I've noticed...

If I log into Joomla and go to the Furoms I'm not logged into VB.  I can log into VB but then get kicked out of Joomla.  I can then log in a 2nd time to Joomla and I'll remain logged in to both apps.

Logging ito VB AFTER logging into Joomla seems to an issue but I've yet to be able to log into either one and be logged into the other automatically.

My test site is here if you need to take a look (if any of it helps!)  :(

http://www.gamearena.org

Lionel
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Lionel » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:21 am

My problem is somewhat different.
If I log into joomla 1.04, it will log me into vb just fine.
However if I log in vb, it will display the redirect message saying that I am logged in, but I am not. And I am also not logged in joomla.

And clicking on the admin link at the bottom of vbulletin takes me straight to admin. However if I try to access admin thru admincp link, it does not recognize me.

Lionel
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Lionel » Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:14 am

By commenting out this line in the login_process plugin
setcookie( "sessioncookie", " ", time() -1800, "/" );
I am able to login vbulletin, but that does not log me in joomla.

onetwomany
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by onetwomany » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:16 pm

I installed this addon ok using joomla 1.03 and vbulletin 3.5.1 But now I have some problems:

I can log in and out of joomla fine, but neither logs me into vbulletin. If i try and log in or out via vbulletin I get a database error:

Database error in vBulletin 3.5.1:

mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'user_joom'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
/home/user/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 273

('user' is not my actuall username I just used it as an example)

Ive been trying to find the answer for hours, thanks in advance to whomever can shed some light on the solution.

stone
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by stone » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:20 pm

Today Predator is to release new, fix version of vbridge. Wait for it:)

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Predator » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:44 pm

stone wrote: Today Predator is to release new, fix version of vbridge. Wait for it:)
Writting currently the changelog and prepare package for download, will be released soon as Version 1.3

sysop
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by sysop » Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:28 pm

Comes me a desire to give you a Kiss , hehehe :)
Thanks for all your job Men
VOTE FOR JOOMLA!, UK LINUX AWARDS: http://snipurl.com/xhga
Vote for Joomla! NOW http://www.packtpub.com/article/final_five_joomla

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Predator » Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:58 pm

wertis
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by wertis » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:09 pm

hi,
why it does not work for me? i think i install vbridge properly..
can you see what i do wrong if i post admin log information? please  ???

stone
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by stone » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:21 pm

Hi
First write which version of vbridge have you installed and second try to describe shortly what you problems are.

wertis
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by wertis » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:28 pm

Joomla_1[1].0.4-Stable-Full_Package
vbulletin_3-5-2
joomla_vbridge_vb3[1].5_1.1_final_predator

problem: independent loging
Last edited by wertis on Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

wertis
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by wertis » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:35 pm

site (empty, fresh install): http://www.excel.lt
user for test: name:pirmas, pass:asdasd

wertis
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by wertis » Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:46 am

no one can help me?

MotMann
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by MotMann » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:18 pm

Is that the latest Version.. and can i use that in german Joomla?
i Use Joomla 1.0.7 and vB 3.5.3 an try to use the vBridge 1.21.. but there are a lot of mistakes.

When i use 1.22.. it's better?

taylor
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by taylor » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:59 am

hey guys this is what i got going on my site

Your vBulletin version is 3.5.4
Your Joomla! vBulletin Bridge version is Final 1.21

having trouble if i visit the home page [ joomla ] then go back to the forums i'm logged out :(

is this fixed in vbridge 1.22 i dont wanna install only to see that it doesn't work?

thanks in advance also joomla rocks man

Anrulz
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Anrulz » Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:30 pm

I pathced my template but now the template asks says give your username and password , doesnt welcome you , but you are loggen in , I want to unpatch how can I do it ?

rolliet
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by rolliet » Mon May 01, 2006 7:31 am

Ok I give up. I have followed the thread and done everything I could fine but cannot log into the admin since the upgrade. (yes I was not logged in when I upgraded) The salts match and have tried everything but to no avail.

Return to “com_connector - Multi Joomla Bridge”