Article Expiration by Date or Click/View Count? REPOST

For Joomla! 1.0 Coding related discussions.
nburch
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Article Expiration by Date or Click/View Count? REPOST

Post by nburch » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:15 pm

Hello There Joomla Gurus,

I had originally posted this in the "General Topics Forum" But it was suggested that I post it here as it is more of a "core Joomla code-set" question

Been doing Joomla development for a while now but this is a new one on me....

I am looking to create Joomla Pages/Articles that Expire after a certain number of clicks/views have been reached. I am thinking that this would be similar to having an article expire at a certain date but instead it happens after a certain number of page views.

The purpose would be to create something such as: "The First 50 People Who Click this link get a Special Code". I would like to send this to my newsletter members who have asked for such offers. The key here is the exclusivity. After 50 page views the link would take you to a "Sorry This offer has expired page"

Ideally these would be 50 UNIQUE views so that if one user clicks the link again and again it only counts as one (probably within a 24 hr session that is)

I think I understand the if/then statement that I need to write but I am uncertain where this would "live" in the Joomla PHP files

Thanks i advance for thoughts on this.

nburch
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Article Expiration by Date or Click/View Count? REPOST

Post by nburch » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:09 pm

Anyone got Anything on this?

Please :)

jalil
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by jalil » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:26 pm

i think a very simple mambot can be made to achieve this. if there's at least ten of this same request, i would volunteer to make such a bot. If you're the only one on this planet who wants this, PM me :) ( meaning, send me money :D )

cajoer
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by cajoer » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:49 pm

I'm looking for a solution like this as well. How did you solve it?

Return to “Joomla! 1.0 Coding”