Joomla 1.0.15 Frontend login returns 403 page

tonyz
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla 1.0.15 Frontend login returns 403 page

Post by tonyz » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:51 pm

i know this seems to be a common problem for older version but with the latest stable version i am unable to use the joomla login form. Along with i am having the exact same issue with the VIrtuemart login form in both firefox and IE.

Any pointers been going through forms and have yet to find anything to works.

http://www.wolfpro.net

Ameise Ink
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Joomla 1.0.15 Frontend login returns 403 page

Post by Ameise Ink » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:10 am

Hi there,

I am having problems with my user login/registration looping - +++frustrating and NO-ONE is giving any answers on the VM forum....

Saw your thread, so went into your site to have a look...

1. Your site looks AWESOME!!!! Well done!
2. I had no problems with either registering or logging in (after I logged out following registration)
3. HOW did you do this??? I want my users to do exactly the same thing, ie: no Joomla login visible on the front page, but if they go into shopper they only have to provide registration/login details if they want to go though the checkout... I had this working fine with my original install, but things went way off track and I have no idea why. I've been swapping all different combinations in my Joomla/VM user registration parameters since and nothing seems to work...I now have login on the front page, and a goddamn loop thing going on when the user registers/logs in at the checkout...

If you can let me in on your secret, you'd make a ton of VMers very happy!!!

tonyz
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by tonyz » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:59 pm

OK forum update:
First to my problem with the 403 error, it may have been that my previous installation before upgrading to JM 1.0.15 was heavily modified or the upgrade broke something but after hours of creating test sites and new databases the solution was basically to reload cleared my root directory and installed JM and VM from the full source file not using the upgrades. Everything works now, just need a case of Advile to deal with the migraine i have left over.

Second to Ameise Ink;
to set modules to only appear on specific pages you need to basically do the following:

If you are using Virtuemart as I am first unpublish the Joomla Login module in Modules->site modules->"login Form"
This will turn off the Joomla Login/ registration module. Next to specify what pages the VIrtuemart login module appears on:
Goto Modules->site modules-> VM login module "mod_virtuemart_login" on the right side of the page under Pages / Items Menu Item Link(s): There will be a page with all of your menu you list. "all" will most likely be highlighted simply just click on the page that you want the login module to show on for me it was "mainmenu | Shop Online" and "topmenu | shop online". To select more then one item use CTRL + click to select more then one page.

I hope this answers your questions if not write back and i will go from there.

/R

Tony

Ameise Ink
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Ameise Ink » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:48 pm

Thanks for that!
I'm still a bit confused about unpublishing the Joomla Login module though - forums seem to suggest to me that it needs to stay published (maybe I'm just a bit stupid!)....
Anyway, I worked things out yesterday afternoon with it published. All I did was checked "no" to show title and "hide" for the login messages...and this at configuration...
Allow User Registration: Yes
Use New Account Activation: No
Require Unique E-mail: Yes
Front-end Login: Yes
And I opened up the permissions in the VM/checkout/functions to include the shopper (not sure how safe this is though - I can't find any info on what they actually mean!!!)
I'll give the unpublished Joomla login a go today.

Again,

THANKS!!!! :)

Varsys
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Varsys » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:49 pm

tonyz wrote:OK forum update:
First to my problem with the 403 error, it may have been that my previous installation before upgrading to JM 1.0.15 was heavily modified or the upgrade broke something but after hours of creating test sites and new databases the solution was basically to reload cleared my root directory and installed JM and VM from the full source file not using the upgrades. Everything works now, just need a case of Advile to deal with the migraine i have left over.

Second to Ameise Ink;
to set modules to only appear on specific pages you need to basically do the following:

If you are using Virtuemart as I am first unpublish the Joomla Login module in Modules->site modules->"login Form"
This will turn off the Joomla Login/ registration module. Next to specify what pages the VIrtuemart login module appears on:
Goto Modules->site modules-> VM login module "mod_virtuemart_login" on the right side of the page under Pages / Items Menu Item Link(s): There will be a page with all of your menu you list. "all" will most likely be highlighted simply just click on the page that you want the login module to show on for me it was "mainmenu | Shop Online" and "topmenu | shop online". To select more then one item use CTRL + click to select more then one page.

I hope this answers your questions if not write back and i will go from there.

/R

Tony
It works. Thanks for helpful info!

Return to “Joomla! 1.0.x_Q&T”