Fatal error: Call to undefined method

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
jupiter07
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Fatal error: Call to undefined method

Post by jupiter07 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:48 am

Hello

I am attempting install Joomla 1.5 and have created a database with the hosting provider. However I cant get past the database configuration step, as it will not connect with the database.

I get the following message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method JException::setQuery() in /clientdata/nxxx-2zx dynamic/h/a/xxx.com.au/www/installation/installer/helper.php on line 120

I have contacted the hosting provider who have not been able to resolve it. They have confirmed the database settings are correct.

I would really appreciate some advice :eek:

Thanks

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Fatal error: Call to undefined method

Post by humvee » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:00 pm

This would appear to be more likely be occurring as a result of a corrupted set of Joomla! files rather than the database itself.
Please try a fresh upload of Joomla! to your Web server. Please make sure that you are not using a Microsoft zip manager or FTP client when preparing the Joomla! files for and proceeding with the upload to your host server.
You did not specify so I will advise you to make sure you are using the latest Joomla! version 1.5.5.

You might also find some benefit in getting a hold of the Installation Manual and checking out the http://docs.joomla.org Web site.

hth

Andy

jupiter07
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jupiter07 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:37 am

Thanks for your advice. I have reinstalled Joomla!, however I now receive the following error:
An error has occurred.:Cookies do not appear to be enabled on your browser client. You will not be able to install the application with this feature disabled. Alternatively, there could also be a problem with the server's session.save_path. If this is the case, please consult your hosting provider if you don't know how to check or fix this yourself.
I have Cookies enabled so I dont believe that is the problem.

Is this a permissioons issues that requires the hosting service to reset? Or is there something I can do, as the message indicates?

Thanks for you time, Im new at this so appreciate your help

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by humvee » Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:52 pm

Can you create a phpinfo file. Enter the following code in a new file and save as phpinfo.php. Transfer to your Web or Joomla! directory. Save the output from the screen and attach it to a post as an attachment (bottom left of a new post screen)

Code: Select all

<?php
phpinfo()
?>
You might also as a time saver just clarify with your host whether and to what the session.save_path is set to.

jupiter07
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jupiter07 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:50 am

Hi, thanks. After querying this, the hosting service advised that "the running sessions should now be stored in the 'tmp' folder within your root directory...." Which has removed that error.

However, Im back to my original problem of the fatal error message.

I deleted and then reinstalled Joomla 1.5.5 as you suggested and you also mentioned....
Please make sure that you are not using a Microsoft zip manager or FTP client when preparing the Joomla! files for and proceeding with the upload to your host server."
What is the best method to unzip then upload the files? (I have read through the manual etc).

I have successfully used Winzip and then Dreamweaver to upload in the past with no problems. The server allows me to ftp the zip file from their console, however I need them to unpack it.

Thanks

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by humvee » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:21 pm

You should be ok with Dreamweaver once the files are installed for example editing individual files - I know this as I have done it countless times however I have never tried this for uploading the whole server. WinZip I do not have any data upon either but certainly 7-zip and WinSCP work (I know of only one instance where this has not been the case and that was probably down to the actual connection and not the FTP client.) Filezilla has also a pretty good track record.
hth

Andy

karencheah
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by karencheah » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:42 am

Hi, I am very new to this and an wondering if there's any solution to this. I am also having the same problem. I am installing Joomla 1.5.5 on a web host running PHP5/MySQL. After the entering the database details during installation, I get the following error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method JException::setQuery() in /clientdata/n5200-2-dynamic/a/c/activatechurch.com/www/joomla/installation/installer/helper.php

Any ideas? Thanks very much in advance.

-Karen

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by humvee » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:42 pm

Please provide details of your server software versions. It would be ideal if you ran phpinfo() script in your joomla_root/ directory to achieve this.

Andy

karencheah
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by karencheah » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:52 am

Hi Andy,

Thanks very much for trying to help solve this. I am attaching the phpinfo of the web host.

Just to add more details, I originally had the same error to do with cookies/session the same as "jupiter07" had. The error went like that:

"Cookies do not appear to be enabled on your browser
client. You will not be able to install the application with this
feature disabled. Alternatively, there could also be a problem with
the server's session.save_path. If this is the case, please consult
your hosting provider if you don't know how to check or fix this
yourself."

After contacting the webhost tech support, they responded with this:
"Due to the shared hosting environment we have set up at this end the
usual "tmp" directory used to save sessions is disabled. This is due to
the fact all clients on our servers would be attempting to store
sessions in the same "tmp" directory which is no possible. To overcome
this issue you will need to override the default session save path that
PHP uses using the ini_set command."

So what I've done is to use .htaccess in my joomla root directory to set the value of the session save path. That solved the cookies/session error but now I have this error.

Your advice/help is much appreciated.

-Karen

P.S. I just wanted to add too that the cookies/session error has appeared again! This is what I've put in the .htaccess in the joomla root directory.
php_value session.save_path '/clientdata/n5200-2-dynamic/a/c/activatechurch.com/www/tmp'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

karencheah
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by karencheah » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:15 am

Just wanted to say thanks to all who have tried to help. I went the manual installation way and it's now up and running. But if anyone has a solution, it will be good for others who might face the same error. Thanks everyone!

Return to “Installation 1.5”