Market Research - New Joomla Template Creator

For Joomla! 1.0 Coding related discussions.
jackpotdesigns
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Market Research - New Joomla Template Creator

Post by jackpotdesigns » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:10 pm

Hello all,

My company is about to produce a product that many newbies need- an advanced joomla template creator. Similar to the joomla template maker, we will have more features, real time view of your website template as you create it, along with several other functions.

We are performing market research to find out what functions users would like to see in a template maker. One of the neat features our software will have is the ability to make 1,2, or 3 column layout pages, so you are not limited to just an one column template.

We would like all users to comment on what they would like to see, and the most popular ones will be added into the software. Each person who gives input will be chosen to become beta testers for the new product.

We look forward to hearing your ideas and suggestions.

Jackpot Designs

chrisfireems
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Market Research - New Joomla Template Creator

Post by chrisfireems » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:13 am

I would be very interested in this product. I am pretty good with using CSS for fonts and such, but I am just learning how to use it for making a tabless layout. I know I am very busy like the rest of the world and love to make my templates fast and easy.

Another great feature would be having all of the Joomla css classes and ids included and to be able to preview them in the program before installing it in Joomla.

jackpotdesigns
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jackpotdesigns » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:12 pm

Thank you for your interest. We are currently working on making the product web based, and I will keep you posted. Anyone else?

GRIZDOG
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by GRIZDOG » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:09 pm

I am very interested in this project! When will it be ready?! :D

I love using Joomla for my projects, but building the templates takes 90% of my development time. I would love to be able to find a good template maker that could do everything (except my graphics, which I don't expect any template maker to do for me) for me in regards to the html, xml, css, and php for me!

What I would like to see in this maker is the ability to add my graphics (similar to the existing template maker), but with vastly more options. For example: I want to be able to add my own background image. I also want to be able to add a reapeating background to create the border that most sites have (I'm referring to the verticle borders that separate the page content from the page background.). I also want to be able to add a footer image. Adding all these images would provide me with the ability to easily and quickly create slick, graphical designs, but all the functionality and layout would be handled by the template maker. I could create awesome professional looking sites, and all I would need are the graphics!!!

Having such a template maker would reduce my production time tremendously, leaving me more time to play Halo! :D

Send me any question you want. I would love to help you build a list of requirements. I might even be able to help in other ways regarding the design, since I have a BS in Software Engineering. However, I'm really hoping that you're almost done (or well under way) and plan to have this built soon. I need it today!!! :D

I look forward to hearing your updates!

Tonie
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Tonie » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:46 pm

Just out of curiosity, it the project going to be open source?

pictureperfectne
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by pictureperfectne » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:08 am

I'm very excited about seeing your product come out. I suspect it will be geared to Joomla 1.5+ with the new jdoc tags.
Would you add a small suckerfish component that allows for formating the main nav bar and subsequent dropdowns.
thanks
Picture  Perfect of New England
Middle River Art Gallery
http://www.middlerivergallery.com

mross
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mross » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:04 am

I agree with the comments. Also beneficial would be context hints and detailed 'how to' section. I'm just getting into Joomla 1.5 and even though it's a great CMS, I am finding changing the layout (template) a real headache.

When will this new version be available?

Worsin
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Worsin » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:17 am

Sign me up!

duras
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by duras » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:06 pm

What would be great would be to list features you're considering adding to your template builder in a matrix. Post that to a page/poll/whatever and let me go check off the stuff I'd really like to see. Meanwhile where do I go to be added to the list of people notified when this product is rolled out?

vishnu060
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by vishnu060 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:12 pm

hi,

We all out here expect it to be a great tool.

Now a days i am loosing too much time for creating templates. I tried lot of tools but i cant get what i want.
Looking forward to your tool and what it can provide.

Love to see it in the way 'Dreamweaver' (editor) is working, with preview of the design and tools which can enable me to create and position the modules easily.

Also is it a Commercial or Non-Commercial product.

Anyway waiting for it

rabracey
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by rabracey » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:33 pm

??? So when is the Template maker coming out?????

Tonie
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Tonie » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:03 pm

The topic starter hasn't been online since april 13, that's not the best of signs.

rabracey
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by rabracey » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:11 pm

Do you have any suggestion for Joomla Template Kit Extension? Thanks.

Tonie
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Tonie » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:15 pm

Sorry, I don't.

earthrat
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by earthrat » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:36 am

I am very interested also. I purchased M65 Joomla template kit a month ago and as of curent am still waiting for more information regarding the program. Until more help for the template kit comes out I am stuck. Please don't be like M65 and provide docs detailing how your extention works...;)

eyashwant
I've been banned!

Post by eyashwant » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:19 pm

Inform when it has ben released and review if you have used. Is it open source. I am interested very much.

jomlacky
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jomlacky » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:53 pm

This is really great I did enjoy the made some great joomla based templates with it.

Shenzi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Shenzi » Sat May 02, 2009 11:02 pm

Very interested!

Randy Prue
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Randy Prue » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:27 pm

Well, Joomla Template Maker has NO information, just a link to PayPal. If I cannot find info, I will not be buying it. So much for that one.

I am looking at Joomla Template Kit from M65 (Brian Diaz). I see that our original poster has disappeared. Bad sign. More vaporware.

I see no news or development or even forum posts on M65, so maybe it is stalled or dead in the water with no new development, but I do need to convert and create Joomla templates. I looked at psd2cssonline.com that does part of the job from Photoshop, still needs to be Joomla-cated.

emakki
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by emakki » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:03 am

For those who are still looking for a software to create templates for Joomla, as well as drupal and word press, there is a program called artisteer http://bzak.net/artisteer/ it is not open source but think it is good enough from my test. I read somewhere about some bugs regarding the menus, but overall I was able to create a template on the fly. I have not yet test the template on a live site but will try to do so soon.

One thing I like about it is the interface which is a lot similar to MS Word. There is a little delay in the live preview which can be edited in the options of the program.

The site also contains videos to show how it works.

Hope this helps.
Live and learn.. No matter what you earn..Money or knowledge.. From market or college..
_______
http://alhost.org هل تبحث عن إستضافة؟ مقارنة بين أفضل شركات الإستضافة
http://alhost.me دليل ومعاينة شركات الاستضافة العربية

chrisfireems
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by chrisfireems » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:00 pm

emakki wrote:For those who are still looking for a software to create templates for Joomla, as well as drupal and word press, there is a program called artisteer http://bzak.net/artisteer/ it is not open source but think it is good enough from my test. I read somewhere about some bugs regarding the menus, but overall I was able to create a template on the fly. I have not yet test the template on a live site but will try to do so soon.

One thing I like about it is the interface which is a lot similar to MS Word. There is a little delay in the live preview which can be edited in the options of the program.

The site also contains videos to show how it works.

Hope this helps.
I have purchased artisteer because I was sick of spending hours coding templates. I purchased it and created a template for my site and upload it and it works great. I do have it on a live site but the site is down for some maintenance. I do recommend this program to someone who knows web design but does not have the time to code.

Chris

CrazeUK
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by CrazeUK » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:30 pm

Did this software ever get finished?

koter
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by koter » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:45 pm

Is has been 7 months, so I guess it will never be finished.

But this Artisteer looks slick. Can anyone here tell me how much time it takes to create a new template with it?
Free SEO website analysis: http://www.hupso.com.
Current local time: http://www.worldlocaltime.com.

kdwebb
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by kdwebb » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:42 pm

I've built a ton of templates utilizing Artisteer and it works great... There was a question about how long it takes... if you use the suggestion buttons you can create a template in less than a minute but you'll want to make changes and that can take a little time but it is extremely easy to use and no coding necessary.
These sites were created utilizing Artisteer:
www.noodlenerds.com
www.usafields.com
delray-u15g.ccs10.com

chrismicro
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by chrismicro » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:28 pm

I have a problem installing Artisteer it install up to 99% then error.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dewem
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by dewem » Sat May 07, 2011 11:01 am

For those who are still looking for a component to create and edit templates for Joomla, see it here http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... ools/16094

Return to “Joomla! 1.0 Coding”