Jumi - an universal multipurpose module

Discuss the development and implementation of Joomla! modules here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Getting started?

Post by MarHaj » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:27 pm

decbuck wrote:Hi,

I have installed jumi plugin and module. I tried to embed a call to my php script in my article but on the web it just prints out the exact call.

I know it is probably something stupid. Any ideas? I think my paths are right. I hav no default path set.
Hm,,,
the plugin should be enabled (published) in the Joomla backend. Maybe it is the reason?
MarHaj

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Jumi - an universal multipurpose module

Post by MarHaj » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:36 pm

clampert wrote:Hi Martin!
I have upgraded to Joomla 1.5.8 from an earlier version, and the jumi plugin stopped working for me. My articles now only display {jumi ...}

I tried the solution that worked for KernelPaniq above, blacklisting all users but the superamin. It didn't work for me. I tried it without filters too, but still nothing.
I am using jumi 1.2.

It worked beautifully before, I love this plugin, and I am relying heavily on it.
Please help!!
Clampert,
I take it very seriously.
I tested Jumi 1.2 on Joomla 1.5.8 many times and it works for me. As fresh install and upgrade too.
Can you, please, verify that your upgraded Joomla has all its text files (php, html, html, xml, js, ini) with right end of lines? I am using EOL converter for this purpose. Its free and verified utilility.
Really it happens to me several times that several Joomla extensions stop working due to this reason.
MarHaj

jayjerome
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jayjerome » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:50 pm

Good morning, MarHaj.
Thank you for the response, but I'm unable to call the FlippingBook program. I followed these instructions....
MarHaj wrote:
Quick (and simple) solution:
Lets say all your flippin-page files and directories are copied into your Joomla site under book directory (that is index.html is under book, and there is css, img, pgaes, etc directories as well).

Write book.php that contains

Code: Select all

<?php
defined( '_JEXEC' ) or die( 'Restricted access' ); //for Joomla 1.5
?>
<iframe src="book/index.html" width="100%" height="600px"/></iframe>
and save this file somewhere e.g. unded book directory again.
Then write into article
{jumi [book/book.php]}
Save it, publish it, go to the Joomla frontend and enjoy it!
... but when the IFrame box appears on my LocalHost web page, I get this error message:

***** Manual signatures are NOT allowed *****___

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 404
localhost
11/27/08 21:49:10
Apache/2.2.9 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8h mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.2.6
***** Manual signatures are NOT allowed *****___

I'm assuming my directory paths are correct because I can alter the size of the IFrame outline box by changing the size parameters in the php file I created, but to be sure, here are the path and file and directory names I'm using:

The FlipBook page files are in subdirectory 'flipbookhtml' -- here's the complete path:
C:\xampp-server\htdocs\Joomla\images\flipbookhtml\

I created this file named 'flipbook.php':

______
<?php
?>
<iframe src="flipbookhtml/index.html" width="100%" height="400px"/></iframe>
______

And in my Joomla article, I evoke JUMI with this code:
{jumi [images/flipbookhtml/flipbook.php]}

But all that's coming up is the error message.
Again, any help you can provide to make the FlipBook program work will be sincerely appreciated.

JJ

james_sull100
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by james_sull100 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:24 pm

Hi there, I am pretty much a novice at using jumi but I hope someone can be of some help.

Basically if you go to http://www.rcyc.ie/dev and click on the gallery section you will see that I get an error (Even though it says css i think its something to do with Jumi). I am using Jumi to bring in a picasa google gallery page into the site but it seems to cause break javascript command line of menu and display that error message at current time. I was hoping there is a way around this.

I am using Joomla 1.5.7 and a joomlart template. I am hoping others use Jumi to bring in a picasa gallery into the site also. Any clues or directions would be much appreciaetd as i think Jumi could be a very handy plugin indeed if i get it to work this gallery section.

Thanks,
James
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:31 pm

jayjerome wrote: Object not found!
The FlipBook page files are in subdirectory 'flipbookhtml' -- here's the complete path:
C:\xampp-server\htdocs\Joomla\images\flipbookhtml\
I created this file named 'flipbook.php':
______
<?php
?>
______
JJ, I think you should change

to

<iframe src="images/flipbookhtml/index.html" width="100%" height="400px"/></iframe>
in your flipbook.php.
MarHaj

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:56 pm

I am using Jumi to bring in a picasa google gallery page into the site but it seems to cause break javascript command line of menu and display that error message at current time.
Exactly. It is not css but ja_cssmenu (error message) which is javassript.
Seems there is some misunderstanding between it and galery js.
Jumi brings hardly any error because it is too simple - it just includes the file.

As a verification of this hypothesis try to swich off css menu in your template. If OK then it is clear.

I am affraid I have no knowledge about including google picassa gallery. Probably it contains a js file, does not it? If so I will look there. For example some js has to be loaded into the header section of the page, some not. Are there some global js variables? Etc., etc....

Sorry I gave you just general, very general direction and not concrete solution.
MarHaj

james_sull100
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by james_sull100 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:10 pm

Thank you MarHaj for your super fast response to my query. I tried switching the menu style in my template and now get the error:

[object HTMLDivElement]

I kind of guessed it may not by Jumi but I think my .js file is fine as it does not contain an errors. Does this error maybe change anything for you or do you still believe its my .js file I am trying to read in - it may very well be.

I am hoping to get to the bottom of this as I have little hair left :'(

jayjerome
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jayjerome » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:17 pm

[/quote]
JJ, I think you should change

to

<iframe src="images/flipbookhtml/index.html" width="100%" height="400px"/></iframe>
in your flipbook.php.[/quote]

That Worked!!! :)

Thanks so much for your help!!

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:31 am

james_sull100 wrote:I tried switching the menu style in my template and now get the error:

[object HTMLDivElement]

I kind of guessed it may not by Jumi but I think my .js file is fine as it does not contain an errors. Does this error maybe change anything for you or do you still believe its my .js file I am trying to read in - it may very well be.

I am hoping to get to the bottom of this as I have little hair left :'(
(So do I - I have very little on my head too.)

I did not mean that your .js file is bad. I am sure it works fine - separately.
I almost bet that the problem is caused by some unwanted interaction between ja-template and your js.
What about if you switch to milkyway template? Just for testing purpose?
MarHaj

james_sull100
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by james_sull100 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:59 pm

:) fixing this is not good for the hair loss.

I have tried it out with another banner and also another joomlart template and seem to get a ja-botsl error with the joomla template - so as you say for some reason joomlart does not like my .js file for sure :)

I think I need to edit or close off a div somewhere in the joomlart template to get this to work and integrate the picasa gallery. It works for a few seconds and looks great and then times out so frustrating is not a strong enough word right now for this:)

Thanks for all your help but it seems I will have to sift through this template and see what I can find - ahhhhhhhhhhh :eek:

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:11 am

james_sull100 wrote::) .... it seems I will have to sift through this template and see what I can find - ahhhhhhhhhhh :eek:
I am using JA template too. It took me two-three months to figure out was going inside and made all changes I had needed.
So head up! It is solvable for sure!
MarHaj

james_sull100
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by james_sull100 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:14 am

Cheers, well when I find the solution il post my findings here incase it is of some use to someone else.

Cheers
James

ghazal
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by ghazal » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:18 am

Hello Marhaj, Hello Edvard

Multiple claps for Jumi 2.0.0 and this beautiful collaborative work.
Great work as always.
Just a question. Do you plan to open a jumi thread in J!1.5 section ?
TKS

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:40 am

ghazal wrote:Do you plan to open a jumi thread in J!1.5 section ?
TKS
Exactly, we do.
I am just discussing the matter - this thread becomes rather obsolete and rather complicated to go through - with this forum moderator.
MarHaj

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:50 pm

Hi all,
this is to inform you Jumi - custom code extensions for J!1.0 and J!1.5 has just made another big step.

Jumi 2.0.0 - The Next Geneneration bundle - has been released today. (For J!1.5 only this time.)

To the well known Jumi module and plugin Jumi component has been added. And language files too. And module and plugin have been improved. And all extensions have been integrated into one collaborating but not not big (<30k) pack.
What all that means?
  • You can include into Joomla! content not only files containing your scripts, you can include scripts that are stored in component database.
  • Module and component can include not only stored code (in a file or database) but directly written codes too.
  • Until now you were limited to module positions or articles. These were the places where you could include your codes. Now you can create whole dedicated application pages with Jumi component.
  • Until know you were limited to English. Jumi TNG offers simple translation.
And one more thing:
Jumi pages splits into two dedicated sites:
Downloads & Guides
Tips & Tricks

And even one more thing:
I (MarHaj) has joined Edvard (Ed) in Jumi development effort.
To shortly introduce Ed. Ed is quite young man he know about IT more then I have ever heard.
I have to say (from my opinion) he is not only knowledgeable but quick as a flash too.
So I think you will get more, better and faster support then ever from now.

And thanks for your loyalty, friendship and biting questions that make our product, Jumi, better and better.
MarHaj

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:36 pm

Closing and Opening
With respect to the previous post - Jumi big leap - we are closing this Jumi supporting thread and opening the new one: Jumi - the set of custom code extensions.

Many thanks to all of you for your questions and suggestions that have shaped Jumi to its present state. I dare say not bad.
MarHaj

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by humvee » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:43 pm

[Mod Note: Closed at request of original poster/developer - see post above]

Return to “Modules”