Jumi - the set of custom code extensions

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Jumi - the set of custom code extensions

Post by MarHaj » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:23 pm

This is the new supporting thread to Jumi custom code extensions for Joomla! 1.0 and 1.5 in their native modes.

About: Jumi includes custom code (css, html, php, js, ...) into Joomla! pages. From files, database records or directly written into module positions (Jumi module), into Joomla! articles (Jumi plugin). Or you can even create your own application pages (Jumi component) within Joomla! environment. Quickly and easily.

For Jumi downloads visit http://jumi.vedeme.cz/
For Jumi Tips, tricks and custom code snippets visit http://edo.webmaster.am/jumi/

A great deal of information (1100+ posts) can be found in previous Jumi thread (now closed) of Joomla! forum.

Do not hesitate to open your problem or submit your suggestion for further Jumi improvement here.
We, MarHaj and Ed, will try to do our best.
MarHaj

edo888
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Jumi - the set of custom code extensions

Post by edo888 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:49 pm

Yes, we are ready to give a helping hand to everybody.
Best regards, Edvard Ananyan
https://gtranslate.com - GTranslate - Multilingual Website Solutions

ghazal
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by ghazal » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:02 pm

Hello,
First remarks about great features:
being a mootools fan and having explored all kinds of solutions to implement both moo 1.11 and moo 1.2.1 on the same site, I really appreciate, mootools-wise:
* jumi component links NOT including Mootools
* adding this simple (Joomla API based) script to a jumi module sends the JS file to the head tag :

Code: Select all

<?php
$doc =& JFactory::getDocument();
	$doc->addScript("http://www.example.com/js/myscript.js");
?>
It opens many mootools implementation avenues (to me, at least)
TKS again

bodaniel
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bodaniel » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:10 am

Hi,
First of all, thanks for a great extension!
I tried to install the new version 2.0 this morning on Joomla 1.5. I uninstalled the previous version first. The installation seemed to be successful. But the component doesn,t work. When I click to Jumi Component in Backend I get this error:

DB function failed with error number 1146
Table 'db1.jos_jumi' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT m.*, g.name as groupname FROM jos_jumi as m left join jos_groups as g on (m.access = g.id) ORDER BY m.id LIMIT 0, 20
I also noticed that when I did the installation I've only got success strings for the plugin and module, nothing else.

I have checked in my db and I don't have any Jumi table there?

edo888
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by edo888 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:33 am

Hi,

Could you please try to uninstall plugin, module and component if it exists and try to install one more time. If you have the same problem, please post here your Joomla information, we will find out what is going on.

bodaniel
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bodaniel » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:17 am

Hi,
I forgot to tell you that I have uninstalled the whole extension and installed it again two times all ready but I still facing the same problem. My Joomla version is 1.5.8 (latest)

Thanks!

edo888
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by edo888 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:17 am

Could you please download and try to install Applications component from
http://edo.webmaster.am/projects website.

bodaniel
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bodaniel » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:04 pm

Hi,
Ok, I have downloaded Applications component from the link above and uninstalled Jumi component and installed Applications component. Now I have "Applications" in Back-end Component menu instead of "Jumi". But I get exactly the same error when I try to go to the component from the menu in backend???

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:43 pm

Bodaniel,
could you, please, specify what version of MySQL do you use?

For rather old MySQL (at the least < 4.0.18) try this:

There is a admin/install.jumi.sql file in the distribution package.
At the top of the file you will see

CREATE TABLE `#__jumi` (
  `id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  blablablabla
  UNIQUE KEY `id` (`id`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;
Try to change the last line above to

) TYPE=MyISAM CHARACTER SET `utf8`;
and try the installation of the component again.

And be so kind to tell us if it helps, please.
I hope it helps.
MarHaj

bodaniel
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bodaniel » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:52 pm

Ok, I think I have localized the problem.
The SQL in admin/install.jumi.sql seems to be the problem. I have tried to run it manually in phpmyadmin against my mysql server and it failes. It complains on the "path" varchar ( 2000 ), 255 is maximum for a varchar. And there is also some problem with this line "ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;"
I have mysql server version 4.0.27-standard.

My guessing is that the sql for this component isn't compatible with all mysql versions? I'm I wrong?

bodaniel
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bodaniel » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:43 pm

Hi again, I posted my previous reply before I saw your last answer ;-)
The change in sql you suggest seems not to be enough for me. I've got error on "path" column, that it can't be a varchar ( 2000 ), max 255! And I have to remove everthing of the last string to get it work: "ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;"

So with this sql it works fine:

CREATE TABLE `#__jumi` (
  `id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `title` varchar(200) NOT NULL,
  `alias` varchar(200) NOT NULL,
  `path` varchar(255) default NULL,
  `custom_script` text,
  `access` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `checked_out` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `published` int(11) NOT NULL default '1',
  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`),
  UNIQUE KEY `id` (`id`)
);
But I also noticed that the last sql query in install.jumi.sql is not working. There is a syntax error on that:

INSERT INTO `#__menu` (menutype,name,alias,link,type,published,parent,componentid,sublevel,ordering,checked_out,checked_out_time,pollid,browserNav,access,utaccess,params,lft,rgt,home) VALUE ('mainmenu','Hello Jumi!','hello-jumi','index.php?option=com_jumi&fileid=1','component','1','0',(select max(id)+1 from `#__components`),'0','0','0','0000-00-00 00:00:00','0','0','0','0','','0','0','0');
VALUE should be VALUES

Now my jumi component seems to work after this manuall installation of the sql. But can you please tell me what this last sql query that fails, is good for?

Thanks!
/ Daniel

edo888
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by edo888 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:02 pm

This last query is inserting new link into your main menu.

Better to update your MySQL server to have no problems with all kind of different extensions, which are using database.

Maksee
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Maksee » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:21 pm

Thanks for the great power in such a simple approach as jumi. I'm the one who discover joomla just a couple of weeks ago and now I drive my site with the power of jumi inserts )

I have a suggestion for modification of the plugin to support nested jumis. Initially I added a jumi insert with a php select to include an introtext field from another article, but unfortuneately :) the latter contained another jumi insert. After the test I found that jumi parsed an article only once, not allowing to have "nested" jumis. I made a simple modification to jumi.php and jumi.xml to support nested replaces (an option for jumi.xml and the interpreter code to jumi.php) and it worked. MarHaj, I can sumbit it somewhere, but I suppose you're skilled enough to add it by yourself in a couple of minutes ) Anyway actually it was a loop added that continues execution if the proper option selected (Nested replace) and preg_match_all returns non-zero result.

If you're not ready to made the modification to the main plugin, where is the best place to made my modification public in order to conform the GPL? Personally I doubt the release of a modified version is a good decision since this one will lead to confusion for users.

Another suggestion is to support jumi in titles of articles, but this one is very questionable :)

Thanks,

Max

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:32 am

I made a simple modification to jumi.php and jumi.xml to support nested replaces (an option for jumi.xml and the interpreter code to jumi.php) and it worked.
Max, that's great! Nice!
If you're not ready to made the modification to the main plugin, where is the best place to made my modification public in order to conform the GPL? Personally I doubt the release of a modified version is a good decision since this one will lead to confusion for users.
I think it will be fine to make your modification a part of the main fork.

As you may have noticed I have joined with Ed recently to push Jumi by common further. We have not set up a internal policy how to handle the situation like this one. I will discuss the matter with him immediately and let you know ASAP.

And again, Max, thanks for your kind offer.
MarHaj

dannette
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by dannette » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:14 pm

I have used your plugin for a while now on a Joomla 1.0 installation. I am in the process of moving to 1.5 and can't seem to get the plugin to work the same way. I am trying to call up a .js file within a custom html module - could that be the problem with 1.5? This worked fine in 1.0. I even tried uninstalling and installing the newest jumi pack from your site. The last thing I tried was to change the .js file to .php and add the security line at the top but it still doesn't seem to want to work. The module just shows the {jumi [path/file]} code on the front page of the site. Any help would be appreciated as I still have other jumies to move over. I haven't tested those yet at this point, though.
Building with Joomla! since 2005!
Dannette Voorhis

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:42 pm

dannette wrote: just shows the {jumi [path/file]} code on the front page of the site. Any help would be appreciated as I still have other jumies to move over. I haven't tested those yet at this point, though.
The code {jumi [path/file]} is correct. Verify the plugin is enabled (published) in the backend. And open the Jumi plugin there too and verify that the plugin parameter switch "Hide Jumi code" is set to NO.
MarHaj

dannette
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by dannette » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:22 pm

Yes I verified both and it is set up that way already - still no go.
Building with Joomla! since 2005!
Dannette Voorhis

cornella
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by cornella » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:52 pm

I am using Jumi to integrate a copy of Ham Weather into my site. I have a couple of questions. I can get this php script loaded properly with both the module and component versions of Jumi, but when I use a search function within the script, the results page goes outsite my Joomla site (to where it was installed). Is there a way to keep the script within my site by using Jumi instead of iframing/wrapping it?

Secondly, if domain.com/weather.php?alt=frontpage&forecast=metar&zipcode=10001 is the script I want to include, how (exactly) should the arguments be entered into the Argument Values of the module/component?

Thanks...

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:08 am

cornella wrote:I am using Jumi to integrate a copy of Ham Weather into my site. When I use a search function within the script, the results page goes outsite my Joomla site (to where it was installed). Is there a way to keep the script within my site by using Jumi instead of iframing/wrapping it?
Secondly, if domain.com/weather.php?alt=frontpage&forecast=metar&zipcode=10001 is the script I want to include, how (exactly) should the arguments be entered into the Argument Values of the module/component?
Thanks...
Cornella,
what you are speaking about is the integration of an application (Ham Weather) into Joomla!
Generally it is quite a big task to keep all application pages with different URLs within Joomla! It usually means application code adjusting. I am sorry I cannot even give you a reference to integration cookbook, I do not know any.
Using iframe or Joomla! wrapper is much more simpler and faster.

As to your second question
weather.php is the script that reads from URL some parameters (alt=frontpage, forecast=metar,zipcode=10001) by php method GET. So it suffices to have a form with method post and several fields

<form action="weather.php" method="post">
<input name="zipcode" type="text" />
Form submission does the right rest: sends it to wheather.php with parameters in URL.
MarHaj

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:12 am

dannette wrote:Yes I verified both and it is set up that way already - still no go.
Hm...
and other curly brackets {} plugins? Are they working? (It is know that some sophisticated templates do not like {} plugins).
MarHaj

cjmicro
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by cjmicro » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:18 pm

Hi, thank for for the plugin for jumi, it is just what I needed. Not sure if this is where to post questions, but here goes.

I have gotten it to work properly and just have a couple questions (joomla 1.5.8, ja_pyrite template from Joomlart)

If you have javascript where do you put the script? Usually you put it in the <head> tag, which I did on my template and that works, but just wondering if I can put it in some other way.

Jumi is rendering this php but placing it directly to the left on the page. If I put padding either in the php or the article page for the plugin it pushes everything from the jumi code (good) to the footer (bad). How can I get it to stay within its bouds on the article page?

Last I put the joomla code first

<?php
defined('_JEXEC') OR defined('_VALID_MOS') OR die( "Direct Access Is Not Allowed" );
?>
on both php statements (the first one calls the second), and it tells me direct access not allowed when i try to execute the 2nd (by choosing a state). I took it out for now, so you won't see that.

Here is the link, site is not yet live http://www.neuaurashoes.com/newsite/ind ... tores.html

Thank you for any advice.
Cheryl

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:10 pm

cjmicro wrote:If you have javascript where do you put the script? Usually you put it in the <head> tag, which I did on my template and that works, but just wondering if I can put it in some other way.
If you want to put the script into the head section you have to tell the code to do that:
For Joomla 1.5 (see documentation, API) use this snippet:

global $mainframe;
$document = &JFactory::getDocument();
$document->addStyleSheet( …); // for .css into the head
$document->addScript(…); //for .js  into the head
$document->addCustomTag($script); // for anything into a head
Without this css, javascripts etc will be loaded into <body> section.
The plugin pushes everything from the jumi code (good) to the footer (bad). How can I get it to stay within its bouds on the article page?
Yes, that's bad.
Note, that Jumi includes script into Joomla pages as it is. Without any wrapper. Try to wrap the whole output from your script into <div> </div> tags.
Probably (probably!!!) there are missing some closing tags. Either in the script, or article content or in the template. I recommend you to catch source code (available by any browser) and checking it up by php editor on tags.

The last thing: the security script should be included into the header of all php files. If somebody knows the location of this file he/she can write its address into the browser line. The file without the security line) will run and can be attacked. With security line the file can be run from Joomla environment only (through Joomla).
Double inclusion - one php includes second - should not be a problem. If first php is included into Joomla!

P.S.: nice footware!!!
MarHaj

cjmicro
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by cjmicro » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:29 pm

Thank you for the quick reply!

global $mainframe;
$document = &JFactory::getDocument();
$document->addStyleSheet( …); // for .css into the head
$document->addScript(…); //for .js  into the head
$document->addCustomTag($script); // for anything into a head
So if I do this I do not need to add the css to the template head, I can just have the jumi code do it for that particular page with the jumi code? And does that snippet go in the jumi code area?

Can the js just be included on the page or does it have to be in the head (or does that depend on what it's doing... i know this is not really a jumi question :D )

I will try again with wrapper, have not used that feature but I can try to set it up for this.

Back soon. thanks!
Cheryl

PS Don't try to buy any shoes on this yet it's not yet functioning. LOL

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:41 pm

cjmicro wrote:So if I do this I do not need to add the css to the template head, I can just have the jumi code do it for that particular page with the jumi code?
Exactly. The piece of code injects necessary things into <head> of the page.
Can the js just be included on the page or does it have to be in the head
It depends. I noticed js libraries and js objects initialization are usually included into <head> section (either hardcoded into the template or using on the fly approach I have described previously). The utilization - usage of javascript }like calling functions, objects, etc] is done in the <body>. But it's just my observation. I am following documentation of javascript codes developers and doing what they want. It works for me.
MarHaj

kazagoogoo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by kazagoogoo » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:02 pm

I use joomla 1.5 and jumi 2.0 (I also tried jumi 1.2)

I have the following problem

I have created a simple form that asks for some input and then displays a query depending on the input.

I have tried the script outside of joomla and it works fine.

In jumi, the script appears to work, however after clicking the submit button the page returns to the home page.
(I believe that the query is displayed correctly, but the screen changes immediately after to the home page)

Is there any way to solve this ???

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:15 am

kazagoogoo wrote:... In jumi, the script appears to work, however after clicking the submit button the page returns to the home page....
Is there any way to solve this ???
It depends on your form action
<form action="index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=428" method="post">
Into action copy the address, into which you want to be redirected.
MarHaj

kazagoogoo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by kazagoogoo » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:36 am

Thank you MarHaj for your quick reply.

This might seem dumb, but I do not want to redirect the page. I simply want the result to be displayed and not redirect to the home page.

I was reading your old support forum and I am understanding (or supposing) that I need to enter the redirection to the current page.

Is this the solution ? (If yes can you suggest how to find the redirect needed)

Thank you again in advance

(and I apologize if this seems too trivial to you)

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:10 am

kazagoogoo wrote: I was reading your old support forum and I am understanding (or supposing) that I need to enter the redirection to the current page.
No problem.
Just write the action value the URL of the page the code is in (starting with index, no need of http).

You can later automate this "return address" (see JURI for J1.5 or selfRelToAbs for J1.0 keywords).

Remark: you will probably encounter problems with Joomla! cache.
For more see Self Calling Forms article - may be inspiring.
MarHaj

kazagoogoo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by kazagoogoo » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:57 am

You are GREAT.

Thanks

cjmicro
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by cjmicro » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:54 pm

Thank you again for your quick response.

I added the security statement

<?php
defined('_JEXEC') OR defined('_VALID_MOS') OR die( "Direct Access Is Not Allowed" );
?>
on top of all 3 of my php files. The first (locator) checks the mysql connection, then calls the (states) to perform the function. The first seems fine, but when you click a state you get the "direct access is not allowed" message.

http://www.neuaurashoes.com/newsite/ind ... tores.html

I have the locator.php as a jumi content plugin. Any suggestions?

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”