Jumi - the set of custom code extensions

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Jumi - the set of custom code extensions

Post by MarHaj » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:57 pm

but when you click a state you get the "direct access is not allowed" message.
I visited the site and saw it too.
Really not very encouraging for the shoppers. :-(

I had a look into the source provided by a browser
There is a line

Code: Select all

<select name="select" onchange="javascript:getinfo('statexml.php?code='+this.value,'state')">
Maybe it is the source of the problem: combination of javascript (user site script processed in the browser) and statexml.php (server site script processed by the server).
If this assumption is true the commenting out security line from statexml.php corrects the problem.
If so you will have statexml.php unsecured. I do not know how to have both in your code puzzle.
MarHaj

cjmicro
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by cjmicro » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:12 pm

It does already have a require once statement for the database (this was already running on a non joomla site and I'm trying to just adapt the code rather than have it rewritten).

Thanks for your help, maybe someone else will see this and have another idea!

Cheryl

dannette
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by dannette » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:33 pm

I got my jumi plugin to work. It apparently doesn't like to run in custom HTML modules so I made it an article and am pulling it up in the "place here" module (was "content item" module for 1.0). The "place here" module has a button that allows you to run plugins or not and I didn't see that in the custom html module.
Building with Joomla! since 2005!
Dannette Voorhis

cjmicro
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by cjmicro » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:59 pm

Danette, I will try that too. Thanks,
Cheryl

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:34 am

We have just release Jumi 2.0.1 for Joomla! 1.5.

Except minor changes (enhanced compatibility with MySQL 4, new languages, ...) you may find interesting these two new features:

Router: if Joomla! SEF is enabled then component application (item) can be called by its alias URL like
http://example.com/application-alias. It brings better SEO leading to more visitors to your site.

Nesting: thanks to Max (see several posts above) the plugin can interpret Jumi syntax {jumi ...} that is written into the included code (a file or code stored in the component database table). It brings new interesting possibilities.

Download Jumi 2.0.1 pack here if you wish. Or, for newcomers, read about Jumi at Joomla! extensions first.
MarHaj

viquiw
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by viquiw » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:35 pm

Dear MarHaj,

I am trying to integrate some php code into an article using Jumi - I have successfully pointed to the correct file, at this stage just using jumi_demo.php. After your closing p tag, I added the script I want to use, I have already put all the tables into the database and give all the tables a jos_ prefix but when I open the page, it only shows your initial demo paragraph and ignores anything below....

The script I have added is rather long...

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:13 pm

...but when I open the page, it only shows your initial demo paragraph and ignores anything below....
Joomla cache? Is it possible?
MarHaj

viquiw
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by viquiw » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:01 pm

Hello, thank you for your prompt reply - I have checked my cache in the global configurations - it is turned off.

welldressedmatt
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by welldressedmatt » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:05 pm

I recently successfully used Jumi to create a search module for the new Joomla Community Builder component, which was formerly unavailable, so THANK YOU for Jumi!

My latest project requires a dynamic gallery based on the EventList component by Schlu.net. What I had intended to do was create a folder for a given event to upload images to based on the event's ID. Then I wanted to use Jumi in conjunction with the Simple Image Gallery plugin by JoomlaWorks to display all the images from that event folder.

In order for this to work, Jumi would have to determine the current event ID from the page URL, and then insert that into the Simple Image Gallery mambot like so: {gallery}{jumi ...}{/gallery}, but this doesn't work. Is it possible for Jumi to work inside another mambot? I also tried creating the full mambot declaration inside the jumi file, but this doesn't work either. Any ideas on how I can accomplish this?

-M@

welldressedmatt
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by welldressedmatt » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:43 pm

So I got the Jumi/Simple Image Gallery combo working by changing the order of my plugins in the Joomla! backend... now I am trying to track down the variable references I need to use to inject the code into the component, but I'm having trouble tracking down the right variable. I found somewhere a command I could use to echo all of the accessible Joomla! variables to the page using Jumi, but now I can't track down the command. Any idea what I'm referring to? It was something like all_vars()... ???

-Matt

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:24 pm

I found somewhere a command I could use to echo all of the accessible Joomla! variables to the page using Jumi, but now I can't track down the command. Any idea what I'm referring to? It was something like all_vars()... ???
Matt, maybe php function var_dump()?
I am using for this purpose Mjaz tools Dump free tool for Joomla (now under the name J!Dump). Terribly efficient and simple.
I think that will help you.
MarHaj

zunshiner
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Displaying a text with umlauts

Post by zunshiner » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:28 am

Hi,
I am using Jumi 2.0 now for a few days and it works great for me, as my problem was to display text coming from a txt.file in a Joomla article.

The only problem I still have is that the file is written in german language and therefore has umlauts like ä, ö, ü, ß.

Those umlauts display correctly when I do enter them in an article directly, but they get displayed like that ---> f�r when I implement my txt.file with jumi.

In my small knowledge I would say this has something to do with charsets but i do not find any setting where I can change this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for answers.
Mathias

viquiw
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by viquiw » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:10 am

MarHaj wrote:
...but when I open the page, it only shows your initial demo paragraph and ignores anything below....
Joomla cache? Is it possible?
Just to let you know it was a sql dump error causing the problem - all fixed now, thanks for a great application! ;D

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Displaying a text with umlauts

Post by MarHaj » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:56 am

zunshiner wrote: The only problem I still have is that the file is written in german language and therefore has umlauts like ä, ö, ü, ß.
Mathias,
you did not wrote in what coding your txt files are saved. I suggest to verify it and saved them as utf-8.
Not every txt editor can do that. Try free pspad.com. You can also choose what type of line ends (unix,dos,mac) you want.
MarHaj

zunshiner
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by zunshiner » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:52 am

Hallo MarHaj,
thanks for the reply.
I just checked two things:
1. It looks like my file.txt is in ANSI.
2. When I download the file to my computer open it with PSPAD and change the codepage to UTF-8, save the file and upload it again on my webspace, it shows the Umlauts correctly.

HOOOORAY!

Part 1 is solved.
Part 2 for me will now be how can i get the file automatically in UTF-8 instead of ANSI.

Thanks for your help so far.

Greetings
Mathias

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:07 pm

zunshiner wrote:Part 2 for me will now be how can i get the file automatically in UTF-8 instead of ANSI.
Mathias,
you can find automatic ANSI to UTF conversion tool on Google.
As I did: http://software.techrepublic.com.com/ab ... cid=225498
Not free completely but free to try only.
Maybe it does the expected job.
MarHaj

zunshiner
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by zunshiner » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:37 pm

Hello,
thanks for all the help. Right now i dont have the solution ready but I know now where to start.
Again, thanks a lot for your help.

Regards
Mathias

Critical Dennis
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Critical Dennis » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:29 pm

I upgraded from J! 1.5.7 to 1.5.8 and suddenly, the Jumi plugin won't render a PHP page that was working earlier. Now, the site just displays the Jumi URL.

I then tried to uninstall Jumi. Couldn't find an Uninstall option, so I tried manually: removed all Jumi related folders on the web server + the EN language file. Still, I cannot re-install Jumi 2.0.1, no matter what I do.

1. How do I remove Jumi completely?

2. Also, is there a way to install the plug-in, the component, the module separately. Let's say I only need the plug-in...??

Thanks for this great software!

enyab
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by enyab » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:25 am

Hi There,
many thanks for your powerfull extension. I just started to use it. I have a small problem.
I am having a form where some search terms are filled in. Upon pressing the submit button, the getView.php is called. The call is going fine, the data is read from the database, but the result is displayed on a seperate page and not in the iframe/section where I start the search. Can someone help me find the right lines for it?.

Any help would be highly appreciated
cheers
Enya
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:52 am

2. Also, is there a way to install the plug-in, the component, the module separately. Let's say I only need the plug-in...??
First: I do not know why your installation crashed on 1.5.8. We have verified it many times without the problems. But sometimes queer things happen...

I do not write here how to uninstall Jumi correctly. But only crashed uninstallation.
Suppose you have manually removed from your server all directories with Jumi plugin, module, component.
You have to manually alter your Joomla! database too:
a) the whole table jos_jumi
b) record jumi in three tables: jos_components, jos_plugins, jos_modules

The way is. We, developers, do not provide it and support it. Because not all features of module and plugin will be available without the Jumi component.
But if you need it despite this warning do this:
The plugin:
a) extract from distribution package directory admin/plugin
b) pack it into zip
c) install it
The same applies for the module: admin/module
Separate component installation can be done too, but it requires much more steps. Better to install the whole package and them uninstall plugin and module.
MarHaj

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:56 am

enyab wrote:Can someone help me find the right lines for it?.
Enya,
I will try. Will you give me some time for it? To tell the truth I have something else to do on my table now. Let's say twelve hours?
MarHaj

Critical Dennis
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Critical Dennis » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:07 am

Thank you for the quick reply. How do I carry out steps 1 a+b?
1a: Should I remove the table completely?
1b: not sure what to do here...

About my second question: Ok, I tink I'll install the full package instead. Seems a lot simpler.

Thanks!

/Dennis
MarHaj wrote:
First: I do not know why your installation crashed on 1.5.8. We have verified it many times without the problems. But sometimes queer things happen...

I do not write here how to uninstall Jumi correctly. But only crashed uninstallation.
Suppose you have manually removed from your server all directories with Jumi plugin, module, component.
You have to manually alter your Joomla! database too:
a) the whole table jos_jumi
b) record jumi in three tables: jos_components, jos_plugins, jos_modules

The way is. We, developers, do not provide it and support it. Because not all features of module and plugin will be available without the Jumi component.
But if you need it despite this warning do this:
The plugin:
a) extract from distribution package directory admin/plugin
b) pack it into zip
c) install it
The same applies for the module: admin/module
Separate component installation can be done too, but it requires much more steps. Better to install the whole package and them uninstall plugin and module.

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:21 pm

enyab wrote:I am having a form where some search terms are filled in. Upon pressing the submit button, the getView.php is called. The call is going fine, the data is read from the database, but the result is displayed on a seperate page and not in the iframe/section where I start the search.
Enya
The problem is here:

<form action="[b]plugins/content/jumi/simpos/getView.php[/b]" method="post">
You have to call full page containing your getview.php as a part. You are calling a file. Full page in Joomla means its identification by its URL.
If you wish to process script within the same page you will get so called a "self calling form" (see e.g. this tutorial). You will have some problems with Joomla cache in that case. Either overcome it (somehow: switching it of, or using javascript (AJAX) technologies) or handle two pages: one for the input the second for the ouput). Elegant solution is using some kind of lightbox (floating window) for the output.

Hope this gives you some idea how to continue.
MarHaj

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:28 pm

1a: Should I remove the table completely?
1b: not sure what to do here...
1a: yes, completely

1b: phpMyAdmin approach:
a) open the database
b) find the table jos_modules (or jos_components or jos_plugins)
c) open it
d) find record with title jumi
e) select it (check the square box)
f) delete the record.

Done!
MarHaj

enyab
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by enyab » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:01 pm

MarHaj wrote:
Hope this gives you some idea how to continue.
Dear MarHaj, Many thanks for that tutorial. I just read thru it. I think I will deal with the cache and follow the steps outlined in there. I must appreciate your support. Thanks again.
cheers
Enya

whoami
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by whoami » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:33 pm

Thanks for the component. I'm nearly there but I did not understand your tips & tricks about iframes.

I need the following code displayed in an iframe. Tried several things but still ending up with errors. :( Could you please give me the correct code for displaying this in an iframe. (The code on itself is working. Tested it several times. I left out the iframe tags)

<?php
$user =& JFactory::getUser(); //gets user object
$server= 'http://www.domain.com/index.php'; 
?>

<form method="post" action="<?php echo $server ?>" id="frmLogin" name="myForm">
<input type=hidden name=login value='true'>
<input type=hidden name="username" value="<?php echo $user->username ?>">
<input type=hidden name="password" value="<?php echo $user->password ?>">
<script type='text/javascript'>document.myForm.submit();</script>
</form>

Basdub
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Basdub » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:42 am

Here's the last piece to your excellent work. I have a component and requires jumi to work as a plugin. I keep mentionning that my plugin is based on yours, giving you the credit and everything. The only difference from yours is that I am simply including a required file.

So here is my suggestion:

Add a parameter:
Required file: would allow you to include a required file with the full path i guess....

I have another option that i wrote and removed because it got more complicated as i wrote it :)
The idea was to have several copies of the plugin with different parameters. So to differentiate them the users could change the {jumi...} for {jqcodo...} for example.

Thanks
Sebastien Dube
***** Manual signatures are NOT allowed ********** Manual signatures are NOT allowed ********** Manual signatures are NOT allowed ********** Manual signatures are NOT allowed *****_

You want to offer professional web service(s) through paid subscription? Visit http://www.webservicesgateway.com

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:36 pm

whoami wrote:I need the following code displayed in an iframe. Tried several things but still ending up with errors. :( Could you please give me the correct code for displaying this in an iframe. (The code on itself is working. Tested it several times. I left out the iframe tags)
Well, under src you have to have URL of your code. So you have to save the sript first into a file and upload it to your server.
<iframe src="URL"></iframe>
URL can be of the form http://www.yoursitecom/something/myfile.php or something/myfile.php.
MarHaj

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:50 pm

Basdub wrote:So here is my suggestion:

Add a parameter:
Required file: would allow you to include a required file with the full path i guess....

I have another option that i wrote and removed because it got more complicated as i wrote it :)
The idea was to have several copies of the plugin with different parameters. So to differentiate them the users could change the {jumi...} for {jqcodo...} for example.
Basdub, thanks!
1. As to the first suggestion "possibility to include files" I do not quite understand it. Because all Jumi extensions do that.
2. Several copies of plugin? jumi, jqcodo, blabla, ...? Well it is possible. It requires to have for each copy its own installation. And the result? More plugins with different names and with the same functionality installed + more memory + more CPU + less speed. I do not think it will be interesting for most users.
MarHaj

Basdub
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Basdub » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:56 pm

Yes ok i understand your point. I just wanted to avoid to always write to {jumi [requiredfile.php]} and {jumi [myfile.php]}. I would have just added a param to set the [requiredfile.php] to always be loaded before [myfile.php].

Thanks
Sebastien Dube
***** Manual signatures are NOT allowed ********** Manual signatures are NOT allowed ********** Manual signatures are NOT allowed ********** Manual signatures are NOT allowed *****_

You want to offer professional web service(s) through paid subscription? Visit http://www.webservicesgateway.com

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”