Jumi - the set of custom code extensions

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
craigr
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Jumi - the set of custom code extensions

Post by craigr » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:19 am

I also (possibly incorrectly)posted this as a new topic under

"Board index » Joomla! 1.5 - Ask Support Questions Here » Extensions"
with the title of
"Jumi [URL banned]" does not work in new Joomla 1.5.8 install

and I apologize in advance for which ever place that I posted it incorrectly.

I also searched for the answer every where I could before I wrote this.
Here is my problem ..

I wanted to test/see this "Jumi [URL banned]" work, but it doesn't for me, I have enabled the plugin, etc. and removed the " // " from the URL, it causes me to get a

The page cannot be displayed
HTTP 500 - Internal server error
Internet Explorer

Firefox just shows a blank page

This is the stock demo Jumi code I am trying to run, I removed the double slash removed from the display statement

<?php
Display http://joomla-jumi.[URL banned].com
//You can change following variables so you can display your own blog.
$blogId = '1748567850225926498';
$login = 'joomla-jumi';
$cacheTime = 86400;
?>

My site is

http://abscomputersouthbay.com it's on the main menu

which is mainly the Joomla 1.5.8 demo with some of my 2 cents worth stacked on top - (definitely a newbie from the static dreamweaver arena of many moons ago....)

Thanks
Craig

P.S.

other Jumi things I have tried work, including making a Jumi component to show RSS feeds, using the code generated by my ISP for a newsfeed I ask to use ( aplus.net ), which won't allow clients on shared servers to directly access a RSS feed (or many other types of incoming data) from their site dynamically , so they generate a script, which I pasted into a new Jumi component app, and attached to the top menu as "PC Mag Tips-Solutions RSS "

here's their code and it works fine..

<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript" src="/cgi-sys/rss.cgi?rssBgCol=&rssFontCol=%23000000&rssEntries=10&rssDesc=1&rssURL=http%3A//rssnewsapps.ziffdavis.com/pcmagtips.xml&rssVer=1&rssType=JS">//</script>
Last edited by craigr on Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Another Day in Paradise! . . . . well almost ;)

http://abscomputerservice.com

mobilecad
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by mobilecad » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:48 pm

Hi

This is my first post and I don't know too much about all these different codes etc so please bear with me ;)

I already have a website doing OK, built it myself in HTML, recently decided I needed to make it much more professional and have a CMS with it, so looked around and last weekend found Joomla, so far so good.

Q1
I started designing a new site, read all the quick start guides and tons on this forum and I was getting along OK, until I realised the URL's were not SEF, so stopped everything and read up on that, I know how to sort that problem now, however, a number of categorys and sections were made before I switched on SEF, so do I have to go back and start again, or can I continue and re-name them somehow. If I have to start again then so be it, but it needs to be right.

Q2 and why I have asked here, I use a Roman Cart shopping cart that uses some Javascript, I entered the Add to Cart buttons and coding into my Articles HTML code and when I save it it dissappears, so I started checking out why and found out I need something like Jumi, so I read up on this too, installed Jumi in the Modules, now when I click on Preview Site I get this message

Jumi
Jumi is working but there is nothing to be shown.
Write the code and/or specify the nonempty source of the code.

See here
http://dev.mobilecadsurveying.co.uk/

So, am I right in thinking Jumi is designed to allow you to insert Java into your Articles HTML code and if so, how do you do it, and where do you do it? because I still cannot get it to work??

I found this article during my searches http://www.serr.biz/sh404sef-joomla-seo ... ccess.html but I have no idea what a sh404sef 1.5 is or even where to find it.

Thanks for your help.
Chris

marlincreek
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by marlincreek » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:05 am

Q1 - SEF urls... shouldn't have to start over... when you turn on the sef and rename htaccess.txt as needed, joomla will create the correct links. IF you have linked to areas of your site within an article... i.e. created a manual link... then you will probably need to go back and modify the url for the link to the new sef version.

Q2 - see http://docs.joomla.org/Why_does_some_HT ... n_1.5.8%3F

This also applies to some earlier versions of joomla... if you don't set the filter options, then it defaults to stripping a lot of stuff out.

mobilecad
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by mobilecad » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:25 am

Thanks for that I will check it out.

Q1 I presume you mean change from htaccess.txt to .htaccess is that correct?

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:12 am

I wanted to test/see this "Jumi [URL banned]" work, but it doesn't for me, I have enabled the plugin, etc. and removed the " // " from the URL, it causes me to get a
Craig.
After the installation you should see "Hello Jumi" item in the main menu.
At the bottom of the demo there is a link to another demo: [URL banned]. It is not working too?

But if you want it to try [URL banned] running in the article write into the article
{jumi [components/com_jumi/files/blogger.php]} it should work. Your code contains just variables definition.
MarHaj

mobilecad
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by mobilecad » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:51 pm

marlincreek wrote:.
Q2 - see http://docs.joomla.org/Why_does_some_HT ... n_1.5.8%3F

This also applies to some earlier versions of joomla... if you don't set the filter options, then it defaults to stripping a lot of stuff out.

I did what it says in the link and tried it a few times but it did no good, it still strips out the Java?

mobilecad
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by mobilecad » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:53 pm

So can anyone help me with this please, taken from my first post:
Jumi

So, am I right in thinking Jumi is designed to allow you to insert Java into your Articles HTML code and if so, how do you do it, and where do you do it? because I still cannot get it to work??

I found this article during my searches http://www.serr.biz/sh404sef-joomla-seo ... ccess.html but I have no idea what a sh404sef 1.5 is or even where to find it.

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:57 pm

Yes, you are right. Jumi inserts "something" that cannot be inserted by standard Joomla! tools. Like php codes. Be aware that there are three Jumi extensions. Plugin, module, component. Each one inserts "something" to different Joomla! positions: plugin into the article, module into module positions and component? Well component makes from "something" its own page (own URL).
The message says that you should provide Jumi with "something" (css, js, html, txt, ...) or with a reference to the file with "something".

As a first step please read guides her: http://jumi.vedeme.cz
I apologize I am rather lazy to rewrite articles here.
Then you can continue with some Jumi tips and tricks here: http://edo.webmaster.am/jumi

I guess you are using Jumi for Joomla 1.5. So when reading the guides and tips take Joomla 1.5 path. There are differences between current Jumi versions for both different platforms.
MarHaj

mobilecad
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by mobilecad » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:45 pm

I'm sorry MarHaj but I have read all those links and I may aswell be reading Chinese, why can't I just copy and paste my shopping cart Javascript directly into the Article html Source editor, to create my Add to Cart buttons and insert the prices etc?

I even carried out the steps in this link http://docs.joomla.org/Why_does_some_HT ... n_1.5.8%3F
but that doesn't seem to help, the Java just still dissappears when I save the document.

BTW I have both Jumi extensions and plugins switched on so that bit should be right.

marlincreek
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by marlincreek » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:24 am

mobilecad wrote:I even carried out the steps in this link http://docs.joomla.org/Why_does_some_HT ... n_1.5.8%3F
but that doesn't seem to help, the Java just still dissappears when I save the document.
Certain wysiwyg editors still strip out the code all on their own. Which are you using?

On a J1.5.7 site with tinyMCE it doesn't appear to strip out the code.

One possible "simple" option for using jumi and not wanting to deal with creating an external file to reference...

Go to components -> Jumi and make a new Jumi Component.
Give it a Title and alias
past in your shopping cart js in the "custom script" section
save it.

On the jumi applications manager page, make note of the ID # at the far right that is assigned to the jumi component you just created.

Then in your article, you should be able to write {jumi [*id]} where you want that js to run.

That is assuming I'm understanding the info on this page (http://jumi.vedeme.cz/index.php?option= ... &Itemid=37)

Sorry to say that I haven't tried it yet... but MarHaj should be able to confirm if the theory is correct ;D

mobilecad
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by mobilecad » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:06 am

I am using J1.5.7 site with tinyMCE, if I switch off the tinyMCE it does keep the Javascript, but it is a lot harder for me to create the article as it all has to be coded. The WYSIWYG editor makes it so much easier but you cannot add JS into it. If I cannot have JS in my articles then I cannot use Joomla, but I see other Joomla sites with add to cart buttons and such, so surely there is a way around this?

When I talk about the Article html Source editor, I mean the one in Joomla 1.5 when you create an article, you can click on the html button and it brings up the Article html Source editor, I paste the JS in there but it always goes missing.

I have maybe 200 products all with different JS scripts, obviously because of different prices and product codes etc, so I thought I would just be able to copy and paste my JS directly into the Article html Source editor and it would work?

Using your system, would I have to create a new component for each individual product?

Is there an easier way, for example, could I create my article in Joomla, click on the html button, then copy all the code into notepad, Frontpage or something like that, add my Javascript then copy and paste it back into the Article html Source editor, or would this just loose the JS as before?

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:21 am

What we are speaking about is the problem that Wysiwyg editors clean the code.
That's why there is Jumi and another custom code extensions. They includes js, php, css, html scripts without bothering about editors.

Summary:
1. you want javascript being included and manipulated in Wysiwyg
2. you do not want code cleaning
So you have to have custom code extension. But you do not like Jumi approach.

Result:
Choose another custom code extension which better suits your taste.
There are many of them here: http://extensions.joomla.org/component/ ... Itemid,35/
Each one is rather different. I think you will find one exactly for you.
MarHaj

mobilecad
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by mobilecad » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:48 am

MarHaj wrote:What we are speaking about is the problem that Wysiwyg editors clean the code.
That's why there is Jumi and another custom code extensions. They includes js, php, css, html scripts without bothering about editors.

Summary:
1. you want javascript being included and manipulated in Wysiwyg
2. you do not want code cleaning
So you have to have custom code extension. But you do not like Jumi approach.

Result:
Choose another custom code extension which better suits your taste.
There are many of them here: http://extensions.joomla.org/component/ ... Itemid,35/
Each one is rather different. I think you will find one exactly for you.
Thanks for your help, but to be honest it is not that I don't like Jumi, I just don;t see what it is actually doing, I create Articles in the normal Joomla Article area, is this wrong, is there another place I can create those articles using Jumi? if there is, where is it?

I really don;t think I am using Jumi as it is supposed to be used, I assumed, probably incorrectly I would create my articles in the Joomla Article Manager and Jumi would take care of the JS, is this not how it works?

Are you saying Jumi is a seperate htmnl editor somewhere, and that is where you create your new articles? if so where is it and does it have to be all created in code or is there a WYSIWYG editor with Jumi?

Maybe it is the terminology that everyone uses that is confusing here, that I am not familiar with, but I cannot see how Jumi is doing what I want it to do, but of course I could be doing it all wrong ;)

Is there a step by step guide of what to do using Jumi? maybe that would be a good starting point, however, if it the only way to use Jumi is to write it all directly in code, then you are right, it is not for me.

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:56 pm

Mobilecad,
Generally Jumi plugin just includes into articles the "sensitive" part - scripts. So no need to write everything in code. Just the script.
But, as I said, try to find custom code extension, in your case plugin, that enables write your scripts directly. There are such ones. I do not want to vote for the one or the other here. Not to offend anyone. They are really good.
Is there a step by step guide of what to do using Jumi? maybe that would be a good starting point, however, if it the only way to use Jumi is to write it all directly in code, then you are right, it is not for me.
As a first step please read guides her: http://jumi.vedeme.cz
Then you can continue with some Jumi tips and tricks here: http://edo.webmaster.am/jumi

I guess you are using Jumi for Joomla 1.5. So when reading the guides and tips take Joomla 1.5 path. There are differences between current Jumi versions for both different platforms.
MarHaj

mobilecad
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by mobilecad » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:51 pm

Well Martin

I have read and read and still cannot get it to work, however, I came across this,
DB function failed with error number 1146
Table 'db268234469.jos_jumi' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT m.*, g.name as groupname FROM jos_jumi as m left join jos_groups as g on (m.access = g.id) ORDER BY m.id LIMIT 0, 20
I clicked on Jumi under the Components Tag and then on Jumi and in the Jumi Applications Manager I find the above error? is this the reason it does not seem to do anything for me?

I read this item http://jumi.vedeme.cz/index.php?option= ... &Itemid=37 and where it says
Every Jumi tool is a WYIIWYG tool (What You Include Is What You Get).
Jumi does nothing but includes (injects) some stored code or written code (only for Joomla! 1.5) into Joomla!. Either as a separate page (via Jumi component) or into the articles (via Jumi plugin) or into modules position (via Jumi module). The content of the inclusion - simple or magic - does what you see.
Where do I see the WYSIWYG Editor because no matter where I look I cannot find a Jumi one?

mobilecad
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by mobilecad » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:29 pm

Something is starting to happen now, I still cannot find the Jumi WYSIWYG editor, but anyway, I posted the code into the Jumi module, it posts a Add to Cart button on the live site, but I get the error message below underneath it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

marlincreek
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by marlincreek » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:17 am

Note that it says WYIIWYG tool (What You Include Is What You Get)... not WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get).

Sorry that the editor is still stripping out your javascript code.

You could try other wysiwyg editors like JCE (free std version, costs added for extra functions) or WYSIWYG Pro (not free)... and see what happens.

It looks like you are making a little bit of progress... good luck.

peverheart
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Jumi - the set of custom code extensions-from another post

Post by peverheart » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:57 am

I have a simple php program that displays rows of user data. It works fine on my site if I go directly to it, not using Joomla(1.5). The problem is that when I use Jumi plugin(2.0.1)to include this program into an article, it does not get a reference to the PEAR DB component. I know Jumi is working because I can get a simple 'Hello world' to run using it's tags.
Examle:
main.php-has include to my login_db.php, which has "require_once('/home/site/php/DB.php'); " in it.

If I comment out the require once, the file loads, obviously does not return data.

I can go directly to the main.php, and the program runs fine, returns data.

Any idea on what I need to change within JUMI for this to work within Joomla?

Thanks

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:37 am

The problem is that when I use Jumi plugin(2.0.1)to include this program into an article, it does not get a reference to the PEAR DB component. I know Jumi is working because I can get a simple 'Hello world' to run using it's tags.
Any idea on what I need to change within JUMI for this to work within Joomla?
When script runs outside Joomla and does not run in its environment then the most probable reason is that your script contains at the least one global variable that has the same name as some global Joomla variable. So one variable is rewriting the other. And the result is rather unpredictable.

Advice:
1. avoid using global variables. Hide the script or substantial parts of it into functions or/and classes
2. if you have to use global variables give them unusual names. E.g. prepend to them your initials.
(For example in your case I think there is some db manipulation following standard php naming conventions. Joomla does the same when grabbing article from the database.)
MarHaj

gozi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by gozi » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:54 pm

Hi MarHaj,

when i use the blogger.php everything works fine but when i use my own php file containig the following code:

Code: Select all

<?php virtual ("/example.shtml"); ?>
the html will be included, but above the themplate in this way:

Code: Select all

<TABLE class="class" border="0">
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD class="class"> </TD>
<TD class="class"> </TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD class="class"> </TD>
<TD class="class"> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<table class="contentpaneopen">

<tr>
<td valign="top">
<P></P>

</td>
</tr>

</table>
<span class="article_separator">&nbsp;</span>
 <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en-gb" lang="en-gb" >
Do you have an idea, what i'am doing wrong?

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:30 pm

<?php virtual ("/example.shtml"); ?>????
CGI script?
Sorry, I have no knowledge about this. Just know that CGI scripts must generate a CGI header, content-typ header at the least. What does it do in Joomla! pages, that have their own header, I really do not know.

Maybe somebody else?
MarHaj

gozi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by gozi » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:06 pm

Thanks for helping MarHaj

I basically wanted example.shtml to show in the article, instead of iframing it with wrapper. Is there another way or code to do this using Jumi?

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:14 pm

I basically wanted example.shtml to show in the article, instead of iframing it with wrapper. Is there another way or code to do this using Jumi?
Hm...
Jumi itself does nothing but includes something into Joomla. Clever (silly) script - clever (silly) Jumi.
Simple usage in your case is iframe. You know it.

What you need is something that can manipulate html header.
If I were you I would try Joomla! JDocument object.
There are methods there that enable to manipulate with a document and, what you need with a header too.
Normally these methods are used for injecting js, css or something else into the html document header but, I suspect, the more powerful utilization can alter practically everything.
MarHaj

peverheart
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by peverheart » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:55 pm

MarHaj,
I prepended my variables and have confirmed that my program runs, outside my joomla install. I am fairly convinced that it has to do with the PEAR DB module. Have you ever confirmed that the DB module can be accessed or run within Joomla using your JUMI tags? I wonder if there is some additional path I need to change or overwrite to get access to that ability. I really need to be able to use the arrays that DB returns from SQL.
Thanks.
Merry Christmas!

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:31 am

Have you ever confirmed that the PEAR DB module can be accessed or run within Joomla using your JUMI tags?
No. I have no evidence of this.
Nevertheless: if Joomla! can manipulate this (and it probobaly can - there is a pear library) Jumi can do that as well. Really, Jumi just includes code into Joomla! in a way as if the code was written directly by a hand (into the appropriate place of Joomla! page).
MarHaj

craigcurtis
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by craigcurtis » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:12 pm

Security Problem with the component settings.

on the component I set security level to registered and the plugin still loads the jumi. I disable the jumi via the component settings and the plugin still loads the jumi in the article.

Work by design? shouldn't the plugin honor the component settings?

Thanks for the update. I will look forward to the enhancement. Until I have added the user security to my joomla component.
Last edited by craigcurtis on Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:13 am

Work by design? shouldn't the plugin honor the component settings?
Yes, you are right: the Jumi plugin and the module load even records that are disabled by a component. It's the current stage of design.

In the future releases we plan to implement more tight integration, not only mentioned above, between a component, a plugin and a module.

So I do apologize that for now you have to hide plugin manually. And hope it will not bring you too much inconveniences for now.
MarHaj

thewitt1
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by thewitt1 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:41 am

I thought I posted a reply to this thread, but apparently I opened a new topic instead. Rather than duplicate that here, can anyone help?

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=470&t=355345

Thanks,

-t

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:28 pm

I thought I posted a reply to this thread, but apparently I opened a new topic instead. Rather than duplicate that here, can anyone help?
I have just replied there. I hope it helps!
MarHaj

thewitt1
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by thewitt1 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:37 pm

Thank you. It worked beautifully.

-t

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”