Jumi - the set of custom code extensions

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
vashanka
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Jumi - the set of custom code extensions

Post by vashanka » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:04 pm

I absolutely love Jumi- installed it yesterday and am thrilled.

Does anyone have any experience using it to embed Flash video? I am very experienced with Flash video on the web but for some reason can't get my playback controls to display. The Flash video itself displays fine, and it plays if I set the autoplay to true (which I hate to do).

I have Flash detection enabled. The .js file is being correctly detected and I know this isn't a pathing problem. The .swf, .flv and playback control .swf are all in the same directory. Changing the menu param to 'true' or 'false' has no effect.

My code in Jumi is:

Code: Select all

<script language="javascript"> AC_FL_RunContent = 0; </script>
<script language="javascript"> DetectFlashVer = 0; </script>
<script src="images/stories/videos/AC_RunActiveContent.js" language="javascript"></script>
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
<!--
var requiredMajorVersion = 9;
var requiredMinorVersion = 0;
var requiredRevision = 115;
// -->
</script>
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
<!--
if (AC_FL_RunContent == 0 || DetectFlashVer == 0) {
	alert("This page requires AC_RunActiveContent.js.");
} else {
	var hasRightVersion = DetectFlashVer(requiredMajorVersion, requiredMinorVersion, requiredRevision);
	if(hasRightVersion) {  // if we've detected an acceptable version
		// embed the flash movie
		AC_FL_RunContent(
			'codebase', 'http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,115,0',
			'width', '340',
			'height', '260',
			'src', '08152008-angorawater',
			'quality', 'high',
			'pluginspage', 'http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer',
			'align', 'middle',
			'play', 'true',
			'loop', 'false',
			'scale', 'showall',
			'wmode', 'window',
			'devicefont', 'false',
			'id', '08152008-angorawater',
			'bgcolor', '#ffffff',
			'name', '08152008-angorawater',
			'menu', 'true',
			'allowScriptAccess','sameDomain',
			'allowFullScreen','false',
			'movie', 'images/stories/videos/2008/0815/08152008-angorawater',
			'salign', ''
			); //end AC code
	} else {  // flash is too old or we can't detect the plugin
		var alternateContent = 'This content requires the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.'
			+ '<a href=http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflash/ target="_blank">Get Flash</a>.';
		document.write(alternateContent);  // insert non-flash content
	}
}
// -->
</script>
<noscript>
<p>This content requires the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player. <a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflash/" target="_blank">Get Flash</a>.</p>
</noscript>

defreeman
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by defreeman » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:02 am

Hello,

I have been using Jumi on joomla 1.0 for quite some time with no problems at all. I created a joomla 1.5.8 site and installed jumi and trying to run an identical php form script. I downloaded the latest version for 1.5

It works perfect on the 1.0 see http://acjc-arcadia.org/content/view/23/117/

Using the same files on the 1.5 setup I don't get the desired results.
Here is the 1.5 site http://www.apostolicwebsite.com/prayer-room.html

It is not rendering the captcha code entered.

Here is what I have. A php script to handle contact forms that include a captcha feature.

I don't think it likes the captcha feature because when I remove it from the form as well as from the php script the form works without it.

I use jumi to pull up all the files - the form as well as the script (where I send the form to)

I assume there is something in 1.5.8 that wont let this captcha function work, I just can't figure it out.

Any ideas? Could it be a jumi problem?

Thanks

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:08 am

It works perfect on the 1.0 see http://acjc-arcadia.org/content/view/23/117/
Using the same files on the 1.5 setup I don't get the desired results.
I assume there is something in 1.5.8 that wont let this captcha function work, I just can't figure it out.
I assume the same.
Joomla! 1.5.x is rather different environment then that of 1.0.x.
Check up your script if there are any user defined global variables. They can interract with Joomla! ones - differently for each Joomla!
If so the rename them (e.g. prepend to them your initials) or make them local (wrapping the script into a php class or a function).
Second: the similar applies for javascript. Joomla 1.5 has got mootools javascript library installed. In same cases there is an interaction between user javascript and mootools.

I hope this is the reason your script behaves differently.
MarHaj

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:13 am

I am very experienced with Flash video on the web but for some reason can't get my playback controls to display.
Vashanka,
I am, on the contrary, very unexperienced with Flash video. Unable to figure out what's happening.
I do apologize.
Let's hope somebody else will read your post and get you a cure.
MarHaj

defreeman
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by defreeman » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:33 pm

Thank you, I will look into it. It must be some way that 1.5 is handling the captcha function, because when I remove the captcha the form works fine. It's only when I add the captcha function it stops working.

I will study it some more and try to make some changes to the captcha code and see what happens. It's right in front of my face but I just can't see it.

Thanks again for your help.

DF

vashanka
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by vashanka » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:05 pm

Thanks MarHaj-

If I can figure it out I will post a solution.

Jumi rocks!

craigr
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by craigr » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:35 am

MarHaj,

Thankyou for your reply on December 17 about my site not being able to display the Jumi [URL banned] link - I have also tried what you suggested, which was to try the link in the "Hello Jumi!" link, and also tried pasting the {jumi [components/com_jumi/files/blogger.php]} into an article and they ALL give me the same blank page error??

My site is just the Joomla demo, with some of my company info. The "Hello Jumi!" is on my main menu, and the next menu down (resources) has a Jumi component as a menu item called "Jumi [URL banned]"
http://abscomputersouthbay.com/

Maybe it is because my ISP ( http://aplus.net ) blocks outbound connections on shared servers, here is the end of their knowledge base response to not showing rss feeds, and a link to the article:
http://www.apluskb.com/scripts/I_have_a ... r3264.html

"Important: All outbound connections going off our shared hosting servers are filtered out by a firewall system. Our administrators review all requests for firewall changes per user basis. If you’d like to connect to a specific RSS feed, please file a request via email to [email protected] including the following information:

Your Account Registration Number
The Domain Name you’d like to use the RSS Feed on.
The exact URL of the RSS feed you’d like to connect to. "
Another Day in Paradise! . . . . well almost ;)

http://abscomputerservice.com

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:53 am

Craig,
it seems you are right: your provider takes the right to control all outbound connections.
It is rather unique policy on the Internet. Interesting.

Thanks Craig for your information. It could be useful for others who are unable to connect to RSS feeds. At the least the information is useful for me - Jumi support. Thanks again!
MarHaj

cantthinkofanickname
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Jumi - accordian

Post by cantthinkofanickname » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:05 pm

I've been looking for a way to present a content article or articles as an accordian where the title is clicked and the content text is scolled down (I want it for a FAQ article). There does not seem to be a suitable extension for 1.5.x. I have used Jumi in 1.0.15 and it worked well.

How can I make JUMI do this?
Thanks for your time.

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:15 pm

How can I make JUMI do this?
So how?
I think it will be most interesting for many Joomla! users!
MarHaj

parlequar
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by parlequar » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:17 am

Sorry, I originally posted this to the wrong place:
http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=470&t=356501

Is there a way to use Jumi to embed a page of a local component into an existing article page? Essentially, what I want is an output that would look as though I used an iframe, except without the header, menus, footer, etc. (It sort of looks like a candle between two mirrors if I do it that way.)

In particular, I want to embed a JomSocial group page below the subject of the group's discussion, which is a standard Joomla content article.

Can this be done?

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:02 am

Is there a way to use Jumi to embed a page of a local component into an existing article page?
Without using iframe it can be quite difficult task.
It is because a component or 3rd party application (like wikis, boards, etc) sends data to a browser address line. The application catches data and modifies its behaviour in an accordance with them.
For example answering this post I have in the address line after the quatation mark "mode=reply&f=470&t=349124".
But your page with the article is not prepare for it. It has its own address and when gets something else, you are off.
So you will have to write a integration bridge yourself that catches Jom social data processes it and still shows the subject of the group's discussion at the top.

If I were you I would forget to do that and choose easier approach. For example I will modify my template.
Before the content template "wrapper" <jdoc:include type="component" /> (where articles, JomSocial and other components are shown) I will create module position <jdoc:include type="module" name="something" />. Into this module position I will include (via Jumi module + custom script) content required subject of the group's discussion which is, as you said, standard Joomla! article.
It is quite doable and not very difficult. Just few lines of codes in a template and a custom script.
MarHaj

parlequar
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by parlequar » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:49 pm

MarHaj wrote:If I were you I would forget to do that and choose easier approach.
Thank you very much for your exceptionally thorough suggestion!

I think I understand what you are recommending, but I'm not sure that it is practical for my site. While I have all content in an article (including an iframe), the layout is fairly complex and I have to build each page individually. (I copy an article and do lots of customization to it.) Perhaps you could look at one such page and tell me if you still think your suggestion is appropriate? I currently have hundreds of pages, that will soon be thousands:

http://homemap.com/stapleton (Sort of a test page for me at the moment)
  • The "Info" bug goes to an anchor below the map iframe. This is where I would like to put the component.
  • The "Discuss" bug goes to the component (JomSocial Group) on it's own page.
For both usability and SEO reasons, I would prefer to keep all "Stapleton" (or wherever) content on the same page. So, do you still think modifying the template as you suggest is the best way to go?

Thanks,
- Christopher

Thijmen
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Thijmen » Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:30 pm

Hi.

Are the functions is_dir and opendir working?
Because when I code it, it isn't working.
It works when I just it without Joomla though.

Thijmen

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:13 am

So, do you still think modifying the template as you suggest is the best way to go?
Christoper,
Showing two different components (in your case article and JomSocial) in one page can be done within Joomla environment only by two ways:
a) one within the second and
b) in different places of Joomla! page structure.
I discussed both approaches in my previous post. And yes, I still believe, that in your case b) is much more easier to do.
I admit that your pages are rather complex. And, as you said, difficult to maintain. Probably it is because you built the pages on individual article level.What I suggest is to bring some pieces into the lover level - into the template.
MarHaj

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:32 am

There are things between heaven and earth I do not understand.
But it is too strange - even for my taste - that standard php functions are not working in Joomla!

Generally speaking if a code is working outside Jommla! but not inside it, the reason is in global variables interaction in majority cases

Check them up! If you are using global variables in your script they can interact with Joomla! ones in unpredictable manner if they have same names..
Really avoid common names in naming your global variables. The best think is not using them and wrap the code into a class or a function.
MarHaj

parlequar
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by parlequar » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:19 pm

Thank you very much for your time and assistance!

Thijmen
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Thijmen » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:05 pm

MarHaj wrote:
There are things between heaven and earth I do not understand.
But it is too strange - even for my taste - that standard php functions are not working in Joomla!

Generally speaking if a code is working outside Jommla! but not inside it, the reason is in global variables interaction in majority cases

Check them up! If you are using global variables in your script they can interact with Joomla! ones in unpredictable manner if they have same names..
Really avoid common names in naming your global variables. The best think is not using them and wrap the code into a class or a function.
I am using this code: http://drawvision.eu/joomla/phpfiles/projecten.phps

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:00 am

I am using this code ....
Thijmen,
I have read the code. And I think the reason I had outlined int the previous post is valid.
For example $database, $rows (or $row, I do not remember) object names uses Joomla! ($rows for Joomla 1.0, $databes for both Joomla!). for articles.
Try to wrap all your code into the function and then call it.
Something like this

<?php
thij_function(){
...your code...
}
thij_function();
?>
I think it solves the problem immediately.
MarHaj

awa
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by awa » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:57 pm

Happy New Year to everyone.
I am new to Joomla and started using Jumi and it works great.
I have a menu item that calls Jumi component and creates a form. My question is, what would be a correct way of calling another form on submit and than a 3rd form on submit of that form? is it better to store all these forms in the same php file and pass different flags depending on which one I want to call? or is it better to link each form to an empty article (that will just be a placeholder for the forms) and call articles from articles? (can I just hardcode a URL of an article in my form submit?) or is there a proper way of doing it?
Thanks in advance.
Alex.

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:22 pm

is it better to store all these forms in the same php file and pass different flags depending on which one I want to call? or is it better to link each form to an empty article (that will just be a placeholder for the forms) and call articles from articles?
It really depends on your taste.

Personally in multipapage forms I prefer to store every form page as an Jumi application item.
The URL address of pages can be deduced from an application item number quite easily. So they can be partially hardcoded and partially are incremental.

In some cases it is useful to have all form pages under one URL. But then you can encounter problems with Joomla cache.
MarHaj

ghazal
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by ghazal » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:44 pm

TUTORIAL : Accordion in Article using Jumi
In answer to a previous post, here is a quick tut on how to implement an accordion in an article using Jumi.

Necessary files to download below.
It is better is to work with Editor NoEditor

1 - In jumi component, New
Insert this :

<?php
$doc =& JFactory::getDocument();
	$doc->addScript("jumi/accordionjoomla.js");
$doc->addStyleSheet("jumi/acc.css");
?>
provided a folder named "jumi" has been created at site root in this case (or wherever) where the files accordionjoomla.js and acc.css have been uploaded
Save while noting the id. I'll use id 3.

2 - Create an article.
* A few lines + insert a Readmore (to prevent the accordion from appearing on listings in section-blog or category-blog)
* insert the html code I provided
*insert jumi code to call the component, here id3 as indicated above:
{jumi [*3]}

Thats all. And the beauty of Jumi.
Now, all you have to do is correct the CSS according to your wishes.
Also, a little knowledge of JavaScript will be necessary to modify some features (but thats another question)
Hope it helps.

Happy New Year to everyone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:54 pm

Ghazal!
You are as generous and clever as ever.
Thanks! For the rest of us (not so clever) :-)
MarHaj

funa
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by funa » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:50 am

One question regarding Jumi: SEF.
I am using the Jumi component to dynamically create articles.
How can I make the urls search engine friendly? Is there a way to make it SEF with the sh404sef component?

Thanks for answer.

HandP
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by HandP » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:28 pm

Hi,
thanks for a very handy extension!
I'm using Jumi to insert a custom php file inside an article. Inside the php file there are links that I like to open in a small popup window (they are details of a cd collection). In the php file I'm using javascript to open a small popup window.
But... the URL does not open in the small popup, but in a new window instead.
Example:

<a href='../collection/details.php?id={$row['id']}' onclick='window.open('../collection/details.php?id={$row['id']}' target='newWin','details','scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,width=400,height=400,left=100,top=100');return false;">cd title</a>
Everything works, only the desired popup does not appear the way it should.
Using this javascript in a regular Joomla! article does work properly, but I just can't figure out why not, when in a php file that's added to the article with Jumi.
Another small problem is that this link does not work with SEF links in Joomla! switched on - even the links inside this php file are made SEF . Couldn't find a workaround for that either.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Peter
The Netherlands

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:31 pm

Using this javascript in a regular Joomla! article does work properly, but I just can't figure out why not, when in a php file that's added to the article with Jumi.
I am rather suspicious about variable $row that could interact with a Joomla variable of the same name but it is too easy to be true. Nevertheless try to rename.

I also tried to find an answer on Internet and did not find.
The overview of problems with pop-ups and their solving can be found here http://www.sitepoint.com/print/perfect-pop-up/
but I doubt you will find answer needed.

If you are Joomla 1.5 user I would choose - if I were your - a different approach to your pop-ups.
There is mootools js library in Joomla 1.5 installed and loaded. So you can use tenths of mootools light boxes. They have their advantages over simple javascript pop-ups.
There is even simple pop up light box in Joomla installation media/system/js/modal.js there.
I knew there are resources how to use modal.js somewhere. The other day I tested it and it worked fine.
MarHaj

HandP
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by HandP » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:21 pm

Wow, that's a quick reply - thanks!
I tried 'the perfect popup', but no difference.

As to the renaming of $row - I even tried to make the javascript work with simple URL's without any phpcode in it - didn't make any difference either. When it's in a php file, added to an article with Jumi (tried similar plugins too, same result), it looks a no-go for the popup to me.
Yes, I've been spending many hours on Google, forums and the like, to find a solution. Really had a headache before posting the question here :).

The lightbox solution could be a nice idea. I'll start looking for some kind of tutorial as soon as the headache is over ;).
Will let you know if I find a solution. But that will be no sooner next weekend, so any tips will still be welcome.

Thanks again!

Peter

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:09 pm

MarHaj

edo888
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by edo888 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:00 pm

funa wrote:One question regarding Jumi: SEF.
I am using the Jumi component to dynamically create articles.
How can I make the urls search engine friendly? Is there a way to make it SEF with the sh404sef component?

Thanks for answer.
You can have SEF URLs (not deeper than 2 directories), by specifying alias for application in Jumi applications manager.

Actually you can create router application, which will route requests to specific Jumi application, now this is not documented, so you need to find out things by playing with Jumi. I'm going to write some tips, so things will become easier.
Best regards, Edvard Ananyan
https://gtranslate.com - GTranslate - Multilingual Website Solutions

cvharrison
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by cvharrison » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:32 pm

MarHaj wrote:
I wanted to test/see this "Jumi [URL banned]" work, but it doesn't for me, I have enabled the plugin, etc. and removed the " // " from the URL, it causes me to get a
Craig.
After the installation you should see "Hello Jumi" item in the main menu.
At the bottom of the demo there is a link to another demo: [URL banned]. It is not working too?

But if you want it to try [URL banned] running in the article write into the article
{jumi [components/com_jumi/files/blogger.php]} it should work. Your code contains just variables definition.

How do I create another "article" similar to the "Hello Jumi" article? For some reason, each time I click "New" I receive the following message on my machine:

Server Error
500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Please help!!

Thanks,
Charlie

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”