Help with login redirecting

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
monteslu
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Help with login redirecting

Post by monteslu » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:18 am

First time post. Hope this is the right category in the forum. I wasn't sure if it should go under Security.

I've been using joomla for some time, but just recently created a plugin to bridge my j2ee/Spring MVC application with joomla's authentication. The plugin simply creates a consistently named cookie on login that names the joomla session cookie name. My java app takes that and goes to the database with it for authentication. All good.

The problem is when I go to my application URL directly I need to redirect to "/index.php?option=com_user&view=login&return=[base64encodedURL]". This works fine when the user doesn't select "remeber me" on the joomla login form. The user can put in there username & password and then gets redirected back to my application. However, when the user has previously selected "remember me" the redirect from my app automatically logs the user into joomla but does not redirect back to my app. Instead the user ends up on the login page with the message "You are currently Logged in to the Private Area of this site" and a logout button.

That would be fine if I came from another joomla page, but when coming from an external app, the return should be followed.

Is this a bug?

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”