Manually translate components

How to support more than one language on your site.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
lw-d
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by lw-d » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:30 pm

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is any guide on how to manually translate 3rd party components. I am using Joomfish to translate my site, but there are a few components that are not editable via Joomfish, perhaps there is a way to manually add translated versions?

Thanks

mic
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Manually translate components

Post by mic » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:40 pm

First, you need for translating a component/menu/etc. a special file.
Published can be found here: http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomfi ... age_id=395
If your desired extension is not there, you have 2 choices:
1. contact the developer of the extension (or look at his website/forum)
2. or do it by yourself (if you see inside those xml.files, you will see how easy it is).
http://www.joomx.com - custom extensions and development
http://www.joomlasupportdesk.com - support, migration, training and consulting
Member of the German Joomla Translation Team

lw-d
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by lw-d » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:22 pm

mic wrote:2. or do it by yourself (if you see inside those xml.files, you will see how easy it is).
Thanks, thats perfect, I can translate everything now, nice :)

Lee

neelimakleward
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by neelimakleward » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:53 pm

I m a new user of joomla & joomfish.I have created a component and want to use it in two languages English & Hebrew.So i have to add my new component in content elements of joomfish for this purpose i have created a xml for my component.

And now i can see the content of my component in the content elements.and according table of data is showing up, but i m not able to click on the title for edit it and provide translations for my component's data.

When i click on the title it gives me the error --

Fatal error: Call to a member function getTable() on a non-object in D:\www\vhosts\localhost\tradenew\administrator\components\com_joomfish\models\ContentObject.php on line 556

Please help me, i m not getting the proper way of doing this.

my xml file is as follows --
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<joomfish type="contentelement">
<name>ecalender</name>
<author>avinash</author>
<version>1.5.3</version>
<description>Definition for the ecalender component</description>
<reference>
<table name="calender">
<field type="referenceid" name="id" translate="0">ID</field>
<field type="text" name="date" length="50" maxlength="250" translate="0">Date</field>
<field type="text" name="hour" length="50" maxlength="250" translate="0">Hour</field>
<field type="titletext" name="currency" length="50" maxlength="250" translate="1">Currency</field>
<field type="text" name="impact" length="50" maxlength="250" translate="1">Impact</field>
<field type="htmltext" name="news" length="50" maxlength="250" translate="1" ebuttons="readmore">News</field>
<field type="text" name="actual" length="50" maxlength="250" translate="0">Actual</field>
<field type="text" name="forecast" length="50" maxlength="250" translate="0">Forecast</field>
<field type="text" name="previous" length="50" maxlength="250" translate="0">Previous</field>
</table>
</reference>
</joomfish>

starline
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by starline » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:40 pm

Hi .
My question is , in the link http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomfi ... age_id=395 the virtuemart.zip file is has to be installed in JoomFish Content Element Installer, or in Joomla Gestor Extension?
Because I have translated most of the parts of the web by the editable JoomFish option,but there are some that it does not come up.
Below are words or lines that in the Joom Fish french translation does not appear:
1.the Login menu
2.virtuemart
"Your cart is currently empty"
"You save"
"Quantity"
Navigation between products as "Start ,Prev,Next ,End"
"Recently Viewed Products"

How do I do to translate to french those parts?

Return to “Joom!Fish and Multilingual Sites”