Jumi - the set of custom code extensions

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Jumi - the set of custom code extensions

Post by MarHaj » Tue May 12, 2009 7:36 am

shows everything ok but VERY slowly (more than 20 sec to display the page when it takes less than a second if i display it oustide joomla.with the same file ..i can give a link...)
Toffrine,
There is certain debt for Joomla's flexibility: Joomla" is known to be generally rather slow.
There are (somewhere) in this forum measures how to speed it up. I personally spent a great deal of time (weeks) to optimize my website with respect to load time. Cut off of about 40% was maximum I had accomplished (performance/functionality balance).
it does not displays everything (a list of contacts from a databese) : the rest of he page is blank even if the generated code is there (if yu look with ctrl U). Any idea?
I wish I had an idea.
Please - is there anybody here who knows WHY??? Why the generated code is there + is not shown in the browser?
What I recommend for now: try to dig deeper into the problem with firefox + firebug add on. It is quite good debugging tool for problems like this.
MarHaj

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Tue May 12, 2009 7:50 am

My problem now is my forms that I use to update my DB...
When it opens the next php file I get a "access denied..no password" error. What might I be doing wrong. Is there a problem with the multiple form calls?...
Todlerone2,
Maybe you call php file that is not a part of Joomla! Is it possible?
When using multiple forms I am doing this: first I include them into Joomla and then make them call each other.

What Jumi extension do you use for your multiple forms? Module, Component, Plugin? They rather differ in use.
MarHaj

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Tue May 12, 2009 8:02 am

Forgive me if this is a stupid question.
But I just installed Jumi to be able to use it as a plugin for articles but the Jumi button it is not showing up in my article editor. What must I do? And yes I looked thru the instructions before asking. What I'd plan to use it for is to input code for the JW player. Thanks in advance.
Troy,
I am afraid it is not a stupid question.
But my follows:
- what Jumi version have you installed? (Jumi 2.0 or 2.1 beta? Jumi 2.0 has no button.)
- what article editor do you use?

P.S.: Do not hesitate to ask without looking into the instructions.
The geek rule #1 says: the last thing one should do is to look into the documentation. :)
So its perfectly normal.
MarHaj

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Tue May 12, 2009 8:27 am

I click jumi application URL http://localhost/ibis/index.php?option= ... i&fileid=3
It runs without error with proper results
I had tired {jumi *3}
but still no luck..it still shows blank page...
Deomurari,
just a thought.
One possible reason of this behavior could be in your code (without any offending).
It is because the code included into the component and into the article runs in different environments!
In articles it is more richer and if you use some global variables (variables outside the functions, classes) they can interract with Joomla! ones with a very, very unpredictable way.

Please try to use this code instead of your *3:

Code: Select all

<?php
echo "Hello Deomurari";
?>
If it works you can bet the reason is as I have outlined.

BTW: will you be so kind and inform us about the result? Still blank page?
MarHaj

deomurari
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by deomurari » Tue May 12, 2009 9:00 am

Dear Friends....

I had followed your advice and put the code mentioned by you in 4th code snippet

I got page with {jumi [*4]}

I have upgraded the JUMI to latest beta version...

Now....my raw code "{jumi [*4]} is displaying on the content page...but no results are there

It still shows perfect result in http://localhost/ibis/index.php?option= ... i&fileid=4

Regards

mattfaulds
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mattfaulds » Tue May 12, 2009 9:21 am

Marhaj, forgive me if i post again.

Deomurari:

This may sound silly but have you checked that the jumi plugin is published? Look in the system plugins...

Where are you trying to process the code? In an article (content item)?

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Tue May 12, 2009 9:40 am

Marhaj, forgive me if i post again.
Matt!!! How could I forgive you??? I am greatly appreciating your involvement and will to help others. I would not do it better for a world! THANKS!!!
MarHaj

deomurari
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by deomurari » Tue May 12, 2009 9:46 am

Dear Marhaj and Matt..

Yes...JUMI plugin is published with NO nested scripts and debug on...

I am trying to process the code in article (in content item)

regards

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Tue May 12, 2009 10:47 am

Now....my raw code "{jumi [*4]} is displaying on the content page...but no results are there
Deomurari,
I apologize for the troubles you have. Let's start from the beginning

If you see {jumi blabla} in the article that means Jumi plugin is not working.
Possible reasons:
a) plugin is not enabled - not your case
b) plugin syntax. Right syntax for Jumi 2.1 is {jumi *4}{/jumi}. If still nothing try to switch wysiwyg editor off. Editor can bring some unwanted invisible chars into the syntax.
c) some rocket theme templates are known they do not process {..} plugins. Try to switch into another template for a test.

I prey it is b].
MarHaj

deomurari
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by deomurari » Tue May 12, 2009 11:23 am

Dear MarHaj....

Thanks for the help....I hope I'm not troubling you too much...

Actually I'm building a site for Bird Conservation issues in India where I need to fetch data from MySql table and show them in to content/articles..

Now. jumi is promising me what I need to do....

Now...When I changed plugin syntax as mentioned by you on earlier Hello Deomurari snippet
it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now when I try to put my PHP script It's not showing anything at all......The page is blank....

I hope this might help you in helping me out....

Regards

Todlerone2
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Todlerone2 » Tue May 12, 2009 12:16 pm

MarHaj wrote:
My problem now is my forms that I use to update my DB...
When it opens the next php file I get a "access denied..no password" error. What might I be doing wrong. Is there a problem with the multiple form calls?...
Todlerone2,
Maybe you call php file that is not a part of Joomla! Is it possible?
When using multiple forms I am doing this: first I include them into Joomla and then make them call each other.

What Jumi extension do you use for your multiple forms? Module, Component, Plugin? They rather differ in use.
TY for your response MarHaj. I have placed my form in the "written code" section of a module. The action is a call-out to a php file that resides in a folder within my Joomla site that I place all my custom code in. I get a "404 error: The page you are trying to access does not exist. " when I submit my form.

Cheers.

philipsi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by philipsi » Tue May 12, 2009 1:06 pm

Hello I am new to jumi. from the reviews I understand its one of the best extensions available. I am using Joomla1.5 and I installed jumi2.0.3. I cheked the jumi componet and its working fine and I got the out put of the php file with in joomla template.

Now my question... in one of my php(say dirlogin.php) it takes user ida nd password and in for action it calls another php to process and disply. how will I do this in jumi. there are other places as well I need to process form and pass parameters to another php to process and disply. please help.
this is the piece of code that takes userid and password and send to another php

print("<div id=\"loginform\">\n");
print("<table cellpadding=\"0\" cellspacing=\"6\" border=\"0\">\n");
print("<form action=\"directoryMain.php\" method=\"post\">\n");
print("<input type=\"hidden\" name=\"pageaction\" value=\"checklogindetails\">\n");
print(" <tr>\n");
print(" <td class=\"loginformtext\">username: </td>\n");
print(" <td><input type=\"text\" name=\"username\" size=\"15\"></td>\n");
print(" </tr>\n");
print(" <tr>\n");
print(" <td class=\"loginformtext\">password: </td>\n");
print(" <td><input type=\"password\" name=\"password\" size=\"15\"></td>\n");
print(" </tr>\n");
print(" <tr>\n");
print(" <td></td>\n");
print(" <td><input type=\"submit\" value=\"login\"></td>\n");
print(" </tr>\n");
print("</form>\n");
print("</table>\n");
print("</div>\n");

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Tue May 12, 2009 2:59 pm

When I changed plugin syntax as mentioned by you on earlier Hello Deomurari snippet
it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great!
Now when I try to put my PHP script It's not showing anything at all......The page is blank...
Consider my previous post concerning the use of global variables in your script.
I think this is the cause.
Either "wrap" global variables into functions, classes or give them rather unusual names to prevent interacting with Joomla! ones. For example use prefix - your initials. E.g. $row change to $deo_row etc.
MarHaj

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Tue May 12, 2009 3:10 pm

I have placed my form in the "written code" section of a module. The action is a call-out to a php file that resides in a folder within my Joomla site that I place all my custom code in. I get a "404 error"
Aha,
You have to send results to the Joomla! URL page into which you have to include the second form.
E.g.:

<form action="index.php?option=com_content&view=blablabla" method='post' name="somename">
You are using module for the first form, right? Then consider Jumi component for the "second" php script.
MarHaj

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Tue May 12, 2009 3:16 pm

how will I do this in jumi. there are other places as well I need to process form and pass parameters to another php to process and display.
Generally it is the same problem as it was in the message right above:
send the result (action) to Joomla URL where the second script is waiting for input, not to the php file itself.
So change

to something like

print("<form action=\"index.php=com_jumiblablabla\" method=\"post\">\n");
It does the trick. Simple, isn't it?
MarHaj

philipsi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by philipsi » Tue May 12, 2009 3:32 pm

MarHaj wrote:

to something like

print("<form action=\"index.php=com_jumiblablabla\" method=\"post\">\n");
It does the trick. Simple, isn't it?
Sorry MarHaj, I didn't understand this pleae explain. what is this index.php? I am new to this area. sorry. my php page I created using jumi component it works fine when I click on submit (call this print("<form action=\"directoryMain.php\" method=\"post\">\n");) getting problem. please help

Todlerone2
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Todlerone2 » Wed May 13, 2009 4:20 am

TY I got it to work with this

print("<form method=\"post\" action=\"index.php?option=com_jumi&fileid=03\">");
I got the 03 from the Jumi Component list...like you said..

TY again

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Wed May 13, 2009 7:24 am

I didn't understand this pleae explain. what is this index.php?
No problem.

You have got a form that should send data to directoryMain.php for processing and display.
The form is contained in Jumi application component, let's say, item number 3.

The form line

<form action=\"directoryMain.php\" method=\"post\">
sends, after submitting, data to directoryMain.php outside Joomla! environment.
You have to keep it in Joomla!

How to do that?
Include directoryMain.php into Jumi application component, let's say. item number 4.
This item has Joomla! URL address index.php?option=com_jumi&fileid=4
So your calling form tag should be

<form action=\"index.php?option=com_jumi&fileid=4\" method=\"post\">
It calls directoryMain.php code that is included into Joomla! environment via Jumi component.

Rem: you can include the form and directoryMain.php into Joomla! environment not only by Jumi component but by Jumi module or Jumi plugin. It is a matter of personal taste.

I hope the explanation is clearer now. Is it?
MarHaj

philipsi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by philipsi » Wed May 13, 2009 1:17 pm

MarHaj wrote: How to do that?
Include directoryMain.php into Jumi application component, let's say. item number 4.
This item has Joomla! URL address index.php?option=com_jumi&fileid=4
So your calling form tag should be

<form action=\"index.php?option=com_jumi&fileid=4\" method=\"post\">
It calls directoryMain.php code that is included into Joomla! environment via Jumi component.

Rem: you can include the form and directoryMain.php into Joomla! environment not only by Jumi component but by Jumi module or Jumi plugin. It is a matter of personal taste.

I hope the explanation is clearer now. Is it?
Hi MarHaj,
Thanks for your good explanation. its is working now as expected. you are a STAR

philipsi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by philipsi » Wed May 13, 2009 1:34 pm

Hi MarHaj,
another question. I use jumi component to display the php application in joomla. its is a menu item.
I want this menu item to visible to public but when they click on the link it need to ask for joomla userid and password like an access level registered content. how will I do this? if I change the access level of the above created menu item to registered its not visible to public at all.

Then I tried to use jumi plugin in connets but the tag seems to be not working for me :( . for a test I use {jumi *4} <b>this is a space between tags for your written code</b> {/jumi} in the content in actual page I am seeing this is a space between tags for your written code {/jumi} (jumi closing tag at the end. I tried turning of the editor but then the page to create connet is not loading at all- coming blank. please help

I am using joomla 1.5 and jumi 2.0.3

Thanks in advance

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Wed May 13, 2009 2:40 pm

I am seeing this is a space between tags for your written code {/jumi} (jumi closing tag at the end
Philipsi,
we, developers, do apologize: there is a difference between Jumi plugin tags blow Jumi version 2.1 and from 2.1 up.
The old style is {jumi [xxx] [yyy]}
while the new style is {jumi xxx}yyy{/jumi}
We had reasons for this - more flexibility].
So for your 2.0.3 use {jumi []...[]}syntax only. (Details here: http://jumi.vedeme.cz/index.php?option= ... &Itemid=41)
its is a menu item. I want this menu item to visible to public but when they click on the link it need to ask for joomla userid and password like an access level registered content.
There are many ways. I am afraid I have not got sufficient information to tell you the best one.
Just generally:
For example you can change your menu item link to something more sophisticated. If user is logged then show nothing. If not then show a link to login page.
Or, for example again, if you are protecting some content form unauthorized access menu item link is sufficient. At the start of the content include decision tree code: if authorized then OK, if not then a form.
etc., etc.
Or you can change your menu link to a form which has a decision tree inside: if .
MarHaj

philipsi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by philipsi » Wed May 13, 2009 2:57 pm

MarHaj wrote: Or you can change your menu link to a form which has a decision tree inside: if .
Hi MarHaj,
I will explain my situation. please give an easy solution. I have created a menu item(say ABC) using jumi component. and I placed in other menu. and its is working as expected.

now I want to restrict the content of this menu item(generated using jumi componet) only to registered user. ie teh menu item(ABC) need to visible to all and when they click on this this will ask for joomla user id password and if the details are correct show the content(generated using jumi componet). please have a look

an613
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by an613 » Wed May 13, 2009 8:04 pm

I've built a custom form in php and included in an article using Jumi so that I have the flexibility that I need. Its a very small and simple form and it works perfectly. I want to add a popup calendar for the date field and I can't seem to get it right. My setup is as follows. Its a php file and at the top of the file I have this line
echo JHTML::_('behavior.calendar');

later down in the code l have my date field with these lines of code:

echo"<input type='text' size='10' maxlength='40' name='date' id='date' value=' '> ";

echo "<input type='reset' class='button' value='...' onclick='return showCalendar('date')'>";

the button shows up fine and i think the script for the calendar is getting called properly (I looked at the source code of my page and it has some code there) but when I click on the button on the form, nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much in advance!

nunocordeiro
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by nunocordeiro » Thu May 14, 2009 12:55 pm

nunocordeiro wrote: I created the application and gave it the same path as the one included in the article:
path: plugins/content/simintra_calendar/<app_name.php>
published: yes
id: 3

Then I went to the article using the app flow I'm using, which had a number of parameters in the url which Jumi handles very well (it's awesome).
I changed a part of the url from 'option=com_content&view=article&id=5' to 'option=com_jumi&fileid=3'.

This should execute the exact same code. The php is being executed and, at a certain point, it launchs a JS script (which ends up calling another Jumi article if some conditions are met).

The JS executes until it reaches a line where I run the following code:
new Ajax(url,{
method: 'get',
onComplete: function(details) { callback(process_remote_response(details)); }
}).request();

Here it gives me the error: "Ajax is not defined."
Do you have any idea why this code would work embedded on an article and not as Jumi application?
edo888 wrote: You should compare the output of com_content and com_jumi components, I guess at some point com_content calls Ajax library, which doesn't happen with com_jumi. If your website is live, you can post the url.
Hi edo888,

I tried updating to the latest version of Jumi (2.1.0_beta2) to see if I could work around this problem. Unfortunately, the same thing happens. I don't know how I can compare the output of com_content and com_jumi. Do you mean the html? Could you give a hand here please? I'm trying hard to find the solution but this is just a little over my head.

From your clues and what I dug around a bit I think the problem is that com_content includes mootools and com_jumi doesn't. Should I just include mootools in my code or something like that?
I'll be eagerly awaiting for you knowledge. :-[

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Fri May 15, 2009 9:13 am

I want to add a popup calendar for the date field and I can't seem to get it right.
Sorry. Although I understand the problem my knowledge is too limited to get you answer.
Just noticed that loading behavior

echo JHTML::_('behavior.calendar'); 
should be

JHTML::_('behavior.calendar'); 
Once again, sorry.
MarHaj

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Fri May 15, 2009 9:42 am

I want to restrict the content of this menu item(generated using jumi componet) only to registered user.
I will do it like that>

At the beginning of your custom page I will check if the user is logged.
http://docs.joomla.org/Accessing_the_cu ... ser_object
If no then I will present him a message he have to do that + the login module. You know, the login process in Joomla! is quite sophisticated one.

if user is not logged 
   show him a login module
else
   show the content
The whole problem reduces itself to presenting login module in your custom content.

Normally you can include any module into the article by {loadposition}. But I am not sure if it will work in your custom code. Probably not.
So I think you should write it yourself. You can get inspired by plugins/content/loadmodule.php.
MarHaj

philipsi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by philipsi » Fri May 15, 2009 1:13 pm

MarHaj wrote:

if user is not logged 
   show him a login module
else
   show the content
Thanks for this I managed to do the login by this logic. I created a content with login mudule inside and if the user is not loged in then redirect to that page.

Thanks very much MarHaj. you are a STAR

Todlerone2
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Todlerone2 » Fri May 15, 2009 2:05 pm

Hello again. I finally solved my problem with the form opening another php (posts a few days ago) but I have come up against another snag. Part of the called file works, by this I mean it updates my mysql table. In some other code in the same file it querys the db gets the info then goes into a function. I get no data out of the function. It is an array that I populate inside the function. I have set the array to global inside and if I echo my variables inside the function as a test only) the data is there. Might it be register globals on/off??

Cheers

jossi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jossi » Fri May 15, 2009 6:04 pm

Hello.

I need some help to develop a TV program lineup display

The database is a simple table with info about the channels, country, show times, etc.

It needs to display the list of programs with filter/search options for country and or city in a article page.

Joomla 1.5. Can be developed with Jumi http://jumi.vedeme.cz/

Will pay for this. Anyone has time to work on this? Email me at web_projects[at]mac.com

MarHaj
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by MarHaj » Sat May 16, 2009 8:11 am

jossi wrote:Hello.
I need some help to develop a TV program lineup display
Hi Jossi,
I have sent you an message (positive one) by email.
MarHaj

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”