Joomla 1.5.14 menu item order isave ssue?

This forum is for reporting bugs in Joomla!. Please don't report problems with extensions in here.
mrbeepa
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Joomla 1.5.14 menu item order isave ssue?

Post by mrbeepa » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:40 am

In previous versions you can select the menu order and save it, this is not working for me. First off when I sort by those that are published it greys out the order column and I can't just set the order of the published items. Also when you click on the order at top it opens it up for entering the order but when you save it just reverts back to the order that it defaults?
I have 12 joomla sites I work with day in and day out and have never seen this problem before?

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Joomla 1.5.14 menu item order isave ssue?

Post by mandville » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:16 am

this is "normal" behaviour. you need to be in unsorted view for the "reorder" button to work
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

mrbeepa
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mrbeepa » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:40 pm

mandville wrote:this is "normal" behaviour. you need to be in unsorted view for the "reorder" button to work

I appreciate that info mandville, I don't recall it working that way before this version. But that being the case as you have stated it still leaves the problem of the save not saving the order I selected? Do you have any info on that problem?

Ty again for your insight.

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by mandville » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:44 pm

unfortunately i dont have an out of date version to check with. apparently the default order is section (alpha) then category (alpha). any other options cause it not to allow a sort..
it will also only sort on active articles not archived.. if you think its a bug then please report to the bug squad http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla ... cker_id=32
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted

DannyFlo
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by DannyFlo » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:51 pm

I am having the same problem in my site, has there been any update/solutions to this as yet?

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by mandville » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:53 pm

DannyFlo wrote:I am having the same problem in my site, has there been any update/solutions to this as yet?
yes. as stated

Code: Select all

apparently the default order is section (alpha) then category (alpha). any other options cause it not to allow a sort.. 

jen
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jen » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:02 pm

I'm have this same issue.

I'm not sure what you mean by the section (alpha)... or the unsorted view.

the view is sorted by the order number.

When I click the Up/Down green order arrow to the left of the menu item, the order is updated and saved.

However, when I view the website, the menu order never changes.

DBS812
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by DBS812 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:34 pm

I had this same problem, and came accross this post. I just found out the answer, so I wanted to share it with you. It's simple. :)

When you are viewing your menu items, look at the header where its got all the blue words like "emnu Item" and "Published" and "Order".

Well, click on the word "order". Now, you can re-order the menus all you'd like.

Before, I guess by default or whatever, the word order had always been highlighted for me. So I never knew you had to click on it before ordering them.

Peter Clements
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Peter Clements » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:11 pm

I'm having the same issue.

If I use the up/down arrows then I can get the menu how I want it.

As soon as I hit the 'Save Order' icon (whether I've manually entered ordering numbers or just left them as they are) the menu reorders itself seemingly randomly (maybe it's going back to the state at which I upgraded the site to 1.5.14?).

I've just realised that it doesn't matter what menu I do this on, it will mess up the ordering of ALL the menus on the site.

Definitely looks like a bug to me.

Peter Clements
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Peter Clements » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:36 pm

My bad, misread the title when posting in a hurry and got myself confused, I was taking about 2.5.14.

My problem was solved by this fix here: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 0#p3030117

Code: Select all

UPDATE `your db name`.`your table prefix_menu` SET `ordering` = '0'

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 Bug Reporting”