uploading sql error - #1044 - Access denied for user

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
ucanwinu
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

uploading sql error - #1044 - Access denied for user

Post by ucanwinu » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:00 pm

hi

i have created my website on localhost and now trying to upload it to the server.

1. i have uploaded all the files to server via ftp
2. i exported the database to an sql filevia localhost phpmyadmin
3. m trying to import the database on servers phpmyadmin but here i m getting an error and m not able to upload the sql database.

the error says

#1044 - Access denied for user 'wwwcrea'@'localhost' to database 'joomla_sugandha'

snapshot atchd. kindly help. i have tried a lot but m not able to go beyond this step.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kdmonk1
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: uploading sql error - #1044 - Access denied for user

Post by kdmonk1 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:00 pm

Did you create a password for the database..I have seen were users have set up the database without a password. Make sure that the database is pointed correct in your config file as well..

sonicbooma
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sonicbooma » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:28 am

Check out this topic (5th post down):

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 1#p1671301

simianman
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by simianman » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:21 am

A 1044 usually means there is something up with your configuration.php file check the username, dbname, host name and password.

Look at this topic..

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=430&t=412977
SimianMan - Life was a lot more simple back then!
http://www.twitter.com/techferno
http://www.whichdomainhost.com

jtcole44
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jtcole44 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:01 pm

I am having this same problem. Sorry if I'm confusing from here on out but this is my first Joomla site and I'm not too SQL smart.

I am guessing the problem is an incorrect configuration.php setting but I'm not sure how to fix.

Current local database is called "bbm" on localhost. Remote db is "brother_bbm". I get error #1044 - Access denied for user 'brother'@'localhost' to database 'bbm' when I attempt to import onto remote host.

blongmire
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by blongmire » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:17 pm

I ran into the same problem. I solved it by opening the .sql file produced by the phpMyAdmin export (I opened it in Microsoft Word), and then I commented out the three lines near the top that referenced my database. In my case:

-- Database: `mydatabasename`
--
-- CREATE DATABASE `mydatabasename` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
-- USE `mydatabasename`;

I then saved the .sql as a text file and it imported into my new database fine without the 1044 error.

riccardosl
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by riccardosl » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:05 pm

blongmire wrote:I ran into the same problem. I solved it by opening the .sql file produced by the phpMyAdmin export (I opened it in Microsoft Word), and then I commented out the three lines near the top that referenced my database. In my case:

--
-- CREATE DATABASE `mydatabasename` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
-- USE `mydatabasename`;

I then saved the .sql as a text file and it imported into my new database fine without the 1044 error.
don't work for me, it show another error

PegDoyle
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by PegDoyle » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:03 pm

I had same problem and discovered this solution.

I could not import an SQL database successfully into a database already created by Joomla. But the import did work when I created a new, empty SQL database and used the suggestion above to slightly modify the import file using MS Word.

I opened the SQL file I want to import using Microsoft Word, deleted the line that says "CREATE" a database, because I already created one, and changed the line that says "USE" database to point to the new SQL database I created.

Final steps were to copy all the Joomla directories to the new location and modify configuration.php to point to the new directories and database.

mhbetter
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mhbetter » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:12 am

Deleting those 3 lines mentioned above solved the problem for me too.

Can anyone please comment whether doing so is detrimental to the database, and or files? Does it have any negative effect is what I'm asking?

This might be helpful for many others using this as a solution as this post is the only one which provided a solution after an hour of searching around.

Cheers

laura3gsd
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by laura3gsd » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:25 am

PegDoyle wrote: I opened the SQL file I want to import using Microsoft Word, deleted the line that says "CREATE" a database, because I already created one, and changed the line that says "USE" database to point to the new SQL database I created.

Final steps were to copy all the Joomla directories to the new location and modify configuration.php to point to the new directories and database.
PegDoyle wrote: I opened the SQL file I want to import using Microsoft Word, deleted the line that says "CREATE" a database, because I already created one, and changed the line that says "USE" database to point to the new SQL database I created.
I thank you profusely for these simple directions on the database. I spent an entire night and half of today trying to figure this out. I can't tell you how many times through learning to setup and use Joomla & databases I've felt like quitting CMS altogether! I keep stubbornly trudging through, though. I still don't have the config file set right (I don't think?) but I'm so relieved that I did the above directions, and my sql file uploaded successfully for a change. The ONE other item I changed is right at the top it said host was localhost, I changed that to the host line of text that mysql database (in godaddy) is showing.

Thanks again! ~ Laura

anbu_myjoomla
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by anbu_myjoomla » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:34 pm

I exported all the database files and the entire schema (can be achieved by clicking on a database name and exporting the files)

Imported on a newly created database. Pointed the joomla site to point to this database in the administration->global configuration->server. (Sorry for the Round about way! :-[ But it worked everytime )

cycomodo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by cycomodo » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:05 pm

I have the same problem but no solution work for me.
I also tried to delete these 3 lines but then comes new error #1046 - No database selected .

Is there more solutions? Need help.... :(

jjspelman
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by jjspelman » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:09 pm

blongmire wrote:I ran into the same problem. I solved it by opening the .sql file produced by the phpMyAdmin export (I opened it in Microsoft Word), and then I commented out the three lines near the top that referenced my database. In my case:

--
-- USE `mydatabasename`;

This also seemed to work for me. Dd not get 1044 error. Thanks!

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”