[UTILIZED FOR 1.0.8] new .htaccess gives proper 404s

For Joomla! 1.0 Coding related discussions.
gram
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: new .htaccess gives proper 404s

Post by gram » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:08 am

Hi GM!!

I almost popped into one of your threads at the SMF forum (just to say hi), but would have taken it off topic.

EDIT NOTE: Suggested changes to .htaccess to resolve problem with xtdratings did not work, deleted to keep thread cleaner

Let me know GM, if this works, I need to make changes to the .htaccess in this thread for standard SEF.

GRAM
Last edited by gram on Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GRAM
http://coders.mlshomequest.com/ < -- Developer of samSiteMap component

Goosemoose
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Goosemoose » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:28 am

Hi Gram,
Feel free to pop in there anytime ;) I tried commenting out both the lines, SMF continued to work fine, but xtdratings still didn't work. I think tried replacing the 2 lines with what you posted, SMF continued to work, but xtdratings still didn't work.

Is this the kind of thing that falls on being the component writers responsibility or an SEF problem? My regex is lacking as I haven't worked with regular expressions since I graduated a few years ago. Your explanations helped quite a bit, thanks!
Goosemoose Pet Portals: http://www.GooseMoose.com
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software

gram
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by gram » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:23 am

This is just a guess, but I would bet that facilforms, or xtdratings is creating their own SEF URLS when they find that SEF is active.  I'm basing that on the fact that Apache can't find the file or directory being called, so assuming its some kind of special URL (we know the URL works when you disable the 404 section of sef.php).  It is just not being recognized by sef.php.  Before 1.07, the sef.php did not have that 404 section, and a special sef url might have worked (even though sef.php didn't know what it was).

If they were using a normal cannonical url for that frame (we know the link in the code to that frame works, only problem is when the frame goes active and tries to fill in the content) it would work.  Cannonical URLS work with all SEF's as long as the file in the URL actually exists.  I don't think that frame needs to be sef'd....

Since this did not work, I am going to delete most of my post to you to keep this thread clean.  Will wait until you acknowledge so you can copy any of it out that you want to keep.

I pop into SMF's forum once in a while.  I am working on a special integration package for it and hoping they explain the new integration stuff for RC2 soon.

GRAM
Last edited by gram on Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GRAM

Goosemoose
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Goosemoose » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:45 pm

The last change didn't work. I'll keep messing with it though. Ortiso would know more about the new hooks since he has been using them for  his bridge.

Go ahead and clean things up, I'd delete my posts, but I don't have that access here ;)

averan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

XTDRatings and FacileForms gives Internal Error msg in frontend

Post by averan » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:34 pm

Running FacileForms 1.4.4 on Joomla 1.0.5

tried all the suggested fixes, SEF=off, livesite config changed back and forth to include www. or not, include livesite set to NO and YES.

finally got backend admin to show after disabling "show in IFrame" in the form settings in FacileForms.

other FacileForms placed in modules also give Internal Server Error msg in frontend.

my server logs show this:

"Premature end of script headers: /home/goodnews/public_html/joomla/components/com_facileforms/facileforms.frame.php"
and
"error: directory is writable by others: (/home/goodnews/public_html/joomla/components/com_facileforms)"

the latter is not correct, i checked permissions for the folder and they are definitely set to 755.

here's the live site i'm working on: http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/joomla
try this page to see an eg of XTDR NOT working: http://goodnewsnetwork.org/joomla/index ... 6&Itemid=2

thanks to anyone who can help us! (God?)

gram
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Problem with Facileforms identified..

Post by gram » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:19 pm

I did a little testing with Facileforms, and XtdRatings.

I found the problem, and it is in Facileforms.

Facileforms will run in a frame, and in that frame it emulates Mambo/Joomla. The file it uses is /components/com_facileforms/facileforms.frame.php .

I set up a test, where I added a simple print statement to the top of this file.  I wanted to see if the .htaccess was failing and rewriting a url bound for this file.  The print statement displayed!  Now we know that .htaccess was not rewriting requests for this file.  The 404 error was still there below the new print statement, so did a little more investigating.  I added a new print statement and started moving down through the file and re-testing.  As soon as I got below some Mambo/Joomla sef file includes, the print statement stopped displaying.  So with a little reading in Joomla's sef.php, here is what I see happening:

The facilforms.frame.php file needs the breakdown of the params from a sef'd url, so it will include the standard Mambo/Joomla sef files to get the job done:

Code: Select all

if (file_exists('components/com_sef/sef.php')) {
	require_once('components/com_sef/sef.php');
} else {
	require_once('includes/sef.php');}
Now the code in sef has become part of this script, and is looking for either '/content/' or '/component/' in the inbound url  (which is http://your_domain.com/components/com_facileforms/facileforms.frame.php?.....).

If it doesn't find it, sef then checks to see if the URL has either 'index.php', 'index2.php', or '/?' in it.  If it does not, sef.php will include the /templates/404.php file (now used for 404 errors) and EXITS THE SCRIPT.  The remainder of facileforms.frame.php NEVER  GETS EXECUTED, and the only thing displayed in that frame is the contents of 404.php.

This is why GooseMoose got his xtdratings to work by commenting out the code in sef.php that would include the 404.php and exit the script.

The folks at facileforms will need to find a solution for this, to get it working properly with SEF and 1.07.

GRAM
Last edited by gram on Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GRAM

RedBox
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by RedBox » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:11 pm

I am trying to follow this the best that I can but without much knowledge about .htaccess I sometimes think I understand from reading all the post but sometimes scratches my head..  :-\

Gram, from your last post, it looks like Facileforms will stay broken even with the suggested .htaccess contents on the first post and Joomla! 1.0.7 SEF enabled. Is this correct?

Thanks.

RedBox

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Predator » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:24 pm

Hope gram find some free time, to write a good documentatin on our OpenSEF Site  8) to make it easier to understand.
The "Humor, Fun and Games" forum has  more than 2500 Posts, so why not build a "Humor, Fun and Games Working" Group?
Malicious tongues say we have this WG right from the start, they call it core team :D

gram
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by gram » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:42 pm

@Redbox,

I would be happy to assist if you have questions.  Please post them in this thread for the benefit of other users here.

Facileforms will continue to have problems whenever they utilize thier internal frame script to display data (like xtended ratings).  Hopefully they will have a solution soon.  It does not look like a major fix to me, but I don't know a lot about thier scripts.  One of the participants in this thread advised that he had alerted the developers of facilforms to the problem.

@Predator

Thats a good idea.  I will see if I can come up with a better set of implemenation instructions for new .htaccess users.
GRAM

Goosemoose
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Goosemoose » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:46 pm

RedBox wrote: I am trying to follow this the best that I can but without much knowledge about .htaccess I sometimes think I understand from reading all the post but sometimes scratches my head..  :-\

Gram, from your last post, it looks like Facileforms will stay broken even with the suggested .htaccess contents on the first post and Joomla! 1.0.7 SEF enabled. Is this correct?

Thanks.

RedBox
To fix facile forms do two things:
1. In admin panel go to Facile Forms -> Manage Backend Menus and make sure nothing has "Run in IFrame" checked.
2. Also in admin panel go to Facile Forms -> Configuration and set "Run backend preview in a frame" to no.

For some reason the IFrame is where the code was bad, so removing the IFrame fixed the problem. Plus, it looks a hell of a lot better without the IFrame :)

RedBox
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by RedBox » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:29 pm

Thanks Gram and Goosemoose.

@Goosemoose, I did what you suggested and now at least the facile forms will show up when I click on 'Manage Forms' but I still get a 404 error when I try to show it on a page.

Thanks.

RedBox

Goosemoose
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Goosemoose » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:31 pm

RedBox wrote: Thanks Gram and Goosemoose.

@Goosemoose, I did what you suggested and now at least the facile forms will show up when I click on 'Manage Forms' but I still get a 404 error when I try to show it on a page.

Thanks.

RedBox
Ok, mine might be working because of the fix I posted a few posts back about commenting out part of the sef.php. Not the cleanest thing, but at least it will work for now.

RedBox
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by RedBox » Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:48 pm

I went back and found where you commented out in sef.php. I tried it and all my pages went blank. Almost fell from my chair.  :laugh: Anyway, I uncommented that line and now all my pages are back but still without Facile Forms working.

Anyway, I know this is about .htaccess and it somehow went to xdratings and facileforms so if I shouldn't be asking anymore questions on here regarding facileforms, please let me know. It wasn't my intention to hijack the thread. Sorry...

RedBox

RedBox
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by RedBox » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:48 pm

Ok.. I re-tried commenting out the stuff on sef.php as you suggested Goosemoose and it looks like I have to comment out all the lines that you posted. I only saw a // on the first line so I thought you only have to do it for that first line. I did this and it looks like that gave a temporary workaround to FacileForms. I am nervous though since I am not sure what I am commenting out.

//		if ($juri != "" && !eregi( "index\.php", $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] ) && !eregi( "index2\.php", $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] ) && !eregi( "/\?", $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] ) ) {
//			header( 'HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found' );
//			require_once( $mosConfig_absolute_path . '/templates/404.php' );
//			exit( 404 );
//		}
Thanks.

RedBox

Predator
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Predator » Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:04 pm

Don't get nervous, it will not explode :D

Yes all this need to be comment out.
The "Humor, Fun and Games" forum has  more than 2500 Posts, so why not build a "Humor, Fun and Games Working" Group?
Malicious tongues say we have this WG right from the start, they call it core team :D

gram
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by gram » Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:57 pm

@Redbox,

You are commenting out Joomla 1.07's 404 capabilities.  IF the inbound request does not match the Joomla SEF conventions, Joomla will throw out a 404 error page for that request.

If you are using the new .htaccess posted in this thread, it will be of little consequence.  It will have to be formatted fairly correctly just to get to this point.

I wouldn't recommend commenting that section out if you keep the original Joomla .htaccess.

GRAM
GRAM

RedBox
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by RedBox » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:01 am

Ok. Thanks for the explanation. Now I can sit back and not worry about it exploding.  :P In between all my tries, I had actually reverted the .htaccess to the original that came with 1.0.7. I'll change it to this one then.

Thanks again!

RedBox

stingrey
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by stingrey » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:22 am

gram wrote: Here's the code, last modified February 10th (for clarity - no functional changes):
If you are going to try this, I would suggest backing your old .htaccess file up (obviously), but I think I nailed it.

Consistant 404s, no more potential loops for nonexistant files, and no more Joomla instantiation (even with 1.07 and its 404 page) for these non-existant files.
In direct consultation with Steve, his proposal (as outlined in first post of this thread) is being utilized directly into 1.0.8 - with only minor aesthetic changes.

I'd like to publicly acknowledge Steve for his outstanding work on this matter.
He provided a succinct response and timely solution to an obvious problem.  He meticilously researched the issues at hand and put together a detailed specification of the problem, issues and more importantly provided a solution.  I also thank all the people who provided feedback on his work - helping assist in putting together the solution.

It is only through such strong community participation & involvement in this parthenership that Joomla! will be successful.

Kudos and thanks to Steve!!
Rey Gigataras
http://www.wizmediateam.com <-- great team of talented Web Designers and Programmers!
http://about.me/reygigataras <-- About Me :)
Partner, Business Development & Project Manager, Event Manager, Sports Coach :D

tyler
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: [UTILIZED FOR 1.0.8] new .htaccess gives proper 404s

Post by tyler » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:54 am

I whole-heartedly agree.  Many people have provided good insight and discussion and it was Gram who was instrumental in making this reality come true.

Gram, you are a model citizen for us all.  Your concise detailed explanations even make amateurs like myself feel that I'm smart (by taking a bunch of complicated stuff and putting it in lay terms).

Keep up the amazing work  :D

-Tyler
Last edited by tyler on Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Tyler D.
Web Developer & Integrator: http://www.LasVegasExtremes.com

RedBox
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by RedBox » Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:51 pm

Wow! Open Source Community at work! How great is that. :) Yep.. many thanks.

RedBox

focalguy
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by focalguy » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:29 am

Nice to see it come together! Great job GRAM, and thanks to the core for puttin it to use for everyone.

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:03 pm

Predator wrote: Thanks for the quick fix, guilliam did found this issue just 5 minutes after i have put it on my site  :laugh: :laugh: is working now, will leave it on the site to see how it works with OpenSEF, i use the part for 3party so if i see the next days some issues, i will let you know ;)
i wonder what it was? with so a gazillion post in the joomla forum i cant remember what am i ranting about. lolz. great work @steve!

@steve,.. mind moving this to the FAQ's or it will serve best here in the Q and T? i suggest better on the FAQ's though :)

- g
"I was one of those who wondered why people would pay so much $$$$ to do something that was so much fun!" -R. Harkrider, Fortran Code Engr.

http://www.joomlaconsultancy.net

gram
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by gram » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:09 pm

Hi guilliam!

I think its usefulness in Q&T has passed, now that the devs have opted to implelment it.  I would leave its placement to your discretion.

GRAM
GRAM

wshealy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by wshealy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:20 am

GRAM:

Can you help me? I am a little concerned that my htaccess file doesn't work with even a plain version your great effort. I am getting 500 errors on all but main page. The test had no files and Open SMF RC2 worked before. I have several other htaccess options I wanted to add but since I can't get the generic to work haven't even gotten to a old url redirection I can't get working, image theft block, and spider trap. I'm not sure what is causing my problem.
W Shealy
W

gram
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by gram » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:05 am

wshealy wrote: GRAM:

Can you help me? I am a little concerned that my htaccess file doesn't work with even a plain version your great effort. I am getting 500 errors on all but main page. The test had no files and Open SMF RC2 worked before. I have several other htaccess options I wanted to add but since I can't get the generic to work haven't even gotten to a old url redirection I can't get working, image theft block, and spider trap. I'm not sure what is causing my problem.
W Shealy
Can you post your .htaccess file?

GRAM
GRAM

wshealy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by wshealy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:29 pm

The test htaccess file:

######COPYRIGHT##########
# .htaccess file for Joomla/Mambo SEF useage
# Copyright 2006 Steve Graham   Contact me at http:/coders.mlshomequest.com/
# Licensed under the LGPL.  You are free to use and include this file in
# any project or codebase subject to the LGPL license at:
# http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/lesser.html
######END COPYRIGHT#######

##
#  READ THIS COMPLETELY IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE THIS FILE
#
# The line just below this section: 'Options FollowSymLinks' may cause problems
# with some server configurations.  It is required for use of mod_rewrite, but may already
# be set by your server administrator in a way that dissallows changing it in
# your .htaccess file.  If using it causes your server to error out, comment it out (add # to 
# beginning of line), reload your site in your browser and test your sef url's.  If they work,
# it has been set by your server administrator and you do not need it set here. 
#
# Only use one of the two SEF sections that follow.  Lines that can be uncommented
# (and thus used) have only one #.  Lines with two #'s should not be uncommented
# In the section that you don't use, all lines should start with #
#
# For Standard SEF, use the standard SEF section.  You can comment out
# all of the RewriteCond lines and reduce your server's load if you
# don't have directories in your root named 'component' or 'content'
#
# If you are using a 3rd Party SEF or the Core SEF solution
# uncomment all of the lines in the '3rd Party or Core SEF' section
#
#####  SOLVING PROBLEMS WITH COMPONENT URL's that don't work #####
# SPECIAL NOTE FOR SMF USERS WHEN SMF IS INTEGRATED AND BRIDGED
# OR ANY SITUATION WHERE A COMPONENT's URL's AREN't WORKING
#
# In both the 'Standard SEF', and '3rd Party or Core SEF' sections the line:
# RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^(/component/option,com) [NC,OR] ##optional - see notes##
# May need to be uncommented.  If you are running your Joomla/Mambo from
# a subdirectory the name of the subdirectory will need to be inserted into this
# line.  For example, if your Joomla/Mambo is in a subdirectory called '/test/',
# change this:
# RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^(/component/option,com) [NC,OR] ##optional - see notes##
# to this:
# RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^(/test/component/option,com) [NC,OR] ##optional - see notes##
#
##

##  Can be commented out if causes errors, see notes above.
Options FollowSymLinks

#
#  mod_rewrite in use

RewriteEngine On

#  Uncomment following line if your webserver's URL
#  is not directly related to physical file paths.
#  Update Your Joomla/MamboDirectory (just / for root)

# RewriteBase /

########## Begin Standard SEF Section
## ALL (RewriteCond) lines in this section are only required if you actually
## have directories named 'content' or 'component' on your server
## If you do not have directories with these names, comment them out.
#
#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^(/component/option,com) [NC,OR] ##optional - see notes##
#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.htm|\.php|\.html|/[^.]*)$  [NC]
#RewriteRule ^(content/|component/) index.php
#
########## End Standard SEF Section

########## Begin 3rd Party or Core SEF Section
#
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^(/component/option,com) [NC,OR] ##optional - see notes##
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.htm|\.php|\.html|/[^.]*)$  [NC]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule (.*) index.php
#
########## End 3rd Party or Core SEF Section

I have several other sections to add but was waiting to move them from the old file until the default was working. I have tried both with Options commented out and not. The additional sections relate to image theft, old url redirect (never worked) and spidering.

Here is my attempt to merge old and new --

##
#
# with some server configurations.  It is required for use of mod_rewrite, but may already
# your .htaccess file.  If using it causes your server to error out, comment it out (add # to 
# beginning of line), reload your site in your browser and test your sef url's.  If they work,
#
# Only use one of the two SEF sections that follow.  Lines that can be uncommented
# (and thus used) have only one #.  Lines with two #'s should not be uncommented
#
#
#
#
# a subdirectory the name of the subdirectory will need to be inserted into this
# line.  For example, if your Joomla/Mambo is in a subdirectory called '/test/',
# change this:
# to this:
# RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^(/test/component/option,com) [NC,OR] ##optional - see notes##
#
##

Options FollowSymLinks

#
#  mod_rewrite in use

DirectoryIndex index.php
RewriteEngine On

# RewriteBase /

#Old Site Redirection - NOT Working
#RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^socialpatterns\.com$ [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^la-ldr\.holytrinityelca\.org$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://community.holytrinityelca.org/$1 [R=301,L]
#RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.socialpatterns.com/$1 [R=301,L]

# Spider
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^BlackWidow [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Bot\ mailto:[email protected] [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^ChinaClaw [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Custo [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^DISCo [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Download\ Demon [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^eCatch [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^EirGrabber [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^EmailSiphon [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^EmailWolf [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Express\ WebPictures [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^ExtractorPro [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^EyeNetIE [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^FlashGet [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^GetRight [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^GetWeb! [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Go!Zilla [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Go-Ahead-Got-It [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^GrabNet [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Grafula [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^HMView [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} HTTrack [NC,OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Image\ Stripper [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Image\ Sucker [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} Indy\ Library [NC,OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^InterGET [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Internet\ Ninja [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^JetCar [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^JOC\ Web\ Spider [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^larbin [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^LeechFTP [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Mass\ Downloader [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^MIDown\ tool [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Mister\ PiX [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Navroad [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^NearSite [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^NetAnts [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^NetSpider [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Net\ Vampire [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^NetZIP [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Octopus [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Offline\ Explorer [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Offline\ Navigator [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^PageGrabber [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Papa\ Foto [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^pavuk [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^pcBrowser [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^RealDownload [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^ReGet [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^SiteSnagger [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^SmartDownload [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^SuperBot [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^SuperHTTP [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Surfbot [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^tAkeOut [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Teleport\ Pro [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^VoidEYE [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Web\ Image\ Collector [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Web\ Sucker [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^WebAuto [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^WebCopier [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^WebFetch [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^WebGo\ IS [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^WebLeacher [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^WebReaper [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^WebSauger [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Website\ eXtractor [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Website\ Quester [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^WebStripper [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^WebWhacker [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^WebZIP [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Wget [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Widow [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^WWWOFFLE [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Xaldon\ WebSpider [OR] 
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Zeus 
RewriteRule ^.* - [F,L]

# Image Theft
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^$
# RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://(www\.)?mydomain.com/.*$ [NC]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://community.holytrinityelca.org/.*$ [NC]
RewriteRule \.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png|css|js|pl)$ - [F]

#
#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^(/component/option,com) [NC,OR] ##optional - see notes##
#RewriteRule ^(content/|component/) index.php
#

#
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^(/component/option,com) [NC,OR] ##optional - see notes##
## From Old SEF
#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png|css|js|pl|txt)$ [NC]
##
RewriteRule (.*) index.php
#

# IndexIgnore 
<Files .htaccess>
order allow,deny
deny from all
</Files>

# Wish I knew where to find the old 404 redirect file that so cleanly displayed error in mambo.
# ErrorDocument 404 /404.html
As I said I have not gotten to try this since I can't get beyond the 500 errors on any link beyond main page.
Thanks!
W
W

WebJIVE
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by WebJIVE » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:43 pm

I have been testing this for about 2-3 weeks with zero problems.  Attached is what I used (for those interested in having a redirect on their site from yourdomain.com to http://www.yourdomain.com and upping the PHP memory limit).

##
#
#
#
#
#
#
# change this:
# to this:
#
##

Options FollowSymLinks

#
#  mod_rewrite in use

RewriteEngine On

# RewriteBase /

#
RewriteRule ^(content/|component/) index.php
#

#
#RewriteRule (.*) index.php
#

#Rewrite from yourdomain.com to www.yourdomain.com
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www.yourdomain.com$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.yourdomain.com/$1 [R,L]

#Up the php memory values.  Some hosting providers don't allow so milage may vary.
php_value memory_limit 16M
php_value post_max_size 16M
php_value upload_max_filesize 16M
Little Rock SEO, Arkansas Web Design, Hosting, and Review Management
http://www.web-jive.com

Chinaman
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by Chinaman » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:00 am

Last 2 posts serve to show what can be done, for which I thank the respective posters for the sharing of their experiences.

Thank you both :)
Joomla! - enjoying every minute of the journey!

wshealy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by wshealy » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:41 pm

GRAM:
Any suggestion at killing off the 500 error? (The file is posted 2 back, 1st part)
W
W

silexian
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by silexian » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:29 am

hello all

I'm a bit lost with the new htaccess.

i have a directory in the root that runs joomla  (/home/domain1/public_html/joomla)
and i have the domain pointing to /home/domain1/public_html

which lines do i have to choose in the .htacces to have my domain running well ?
(http://www.domain1.com instead of http://www.domain1.com/joomla ? i don't want to see th /joomla in the URL)

silexian

Return to “Joomla! 1.0 Coding”