Joomla! 1.5.15 Stable Warning: implode??? Please help

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Presto-X
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Joomla! 1.5.15 Stable Warning: implode??? Please help

Post by Presto-X » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:21 pm

I have build a lot of custom Joomla 1.0.x and 1.5.x site's over the years and this is the frist time I have ran in to this one.

If we enable Search Engine Friendly URLs, Use Apache mod_rewrite, Add suffix to URLs after renaming the htaccess.txt to .htaccess we get the following errors:
Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /usr/home/jobs4or/domains/jobsfororegonians.com/public_html/includes/router.php on line 325
Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /usr/home/jobs4or/domains/jobsfororegonians.com/public_html/includes/router.php on line 325
This is a fresh install of Joomla! 1.5.15 Stable

Here is some server info
PHP Built on: Linux web01-hn.opusnet.com 2.6.18-164.11.1.el5 #1 SMP Wed Jan 20 07:39:04 EST 2010 i686
Database Version: 5.0.90-community
Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
PHP Version: 5.2.12
Web Server: Apache/2
Web Server to PHP interface: cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.15 Stable [ Wojmamni Ama Mamni ] 05-November-2009 04:00 GMT
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; GTB6.4; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
If you need more information please let me know.

dhuelsmann
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Joomla! 1.5.15 Stable Warning: implode??? Please help

Post by dhuelsmann » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:36 pm

It is possible you may have some corrupted files in your new install. How about uploading the files again except for the installation directory?
Regards, Dave
Past Treasurer Open Source Matters, Inc.
Past Global Moderator
http://www.kiwaniswest.org

Presto-X
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Presto-X » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:41 pm

thanks for the reply, good idea, I will give that a shot, I will keep you posted.

Presto-X
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Presto-X » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:58 pm

Nope, still same errors :O(

Presto-X
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Presto-X » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:15 pm

Could it have something to do with the way our server is setup, is there something I could look for?

dhuelsmann
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by dhuelsmann » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:23 pm

Your configuration looks fine.
If you upload using FTP, it is possible that your FTP client isn't reporting instances where it did not overwrite your files on the server. In that case I would get the full stable 1.5.15 installation package in the tar format, upload it using the cpanel file utilities to the joomla root, and using those same utilities, unpack the tar ball thus overwriting all of the files. Then delete the installation directory and see if it is resolved.
Regards, Dave
Past Treasurer Open Source Matters, Inc.
Past Global Moderator
http://www.kiwaniswest.org

Presto-X
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Presto-X » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:41 pm

This client's host is not using cpanel I will see if they offer any type of file browser.

Presto-X
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Presto-X » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:06 am

Still no go, I'm still getting the following errors :(

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by humvee » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:04 pm

Quick search via google on implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in found a number of issues on different systems, these related to clearing the cache, and some issues over meta data usage, but suggest if you have time go through these issues and others revealed in the search and eliminate 1by1

Presto-X
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Presto-X » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:45 pm

I will give that a shot today thanks for the reply I will keepya posted.

bumbu
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by bumbu » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:18 pm

this is problem of router.php file usually of custom components.

you have to check which links are guilty in this (just disable all links and torn on one by one)
and when you'll know which links do this, look to which components they link and chech router.php file of those components.

Presto-X
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Presto-X » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:26 pm

Thanks for the reply Bumbu,

I was using http://www.notwebdesign.com/joomla-component-creator/ to create the basic file structure for the component, and noticed that the router.php file was almost empty; this was the cause of the problem. I am still looking for a good tut that covers setting up a router file for a custom component.

bumbu
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by bumbu » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:48 pm

maybe it will sound strange, but I nad the same problems because of using this component creator : )

about how to use router: the most basic thing is to decompose url into elements, but if you have no big structure - you can just delete those file, either I'll give just simple example in here:

Code: Select all

function Bmb_bestParseRoute($segments) {
	$vars = array();

// Count route segments
	$count = count($segments);

//Standard routing for articles

$vars['view']  = $segments[0];
	$vars['id']    = $segments[$count - 1];

//Handle View and Identifier
	switch($vars['view']){

case 'account' :
			$vars['view']='user';
		case 'user' :{
			if($count == 1){//if just to look into your account
				$vars['layout'] = 'default';
				$vars['id']    = '';
			}else if($count ==2){//if to look in somebodys account
				$vars['id']    = $segments[$count-1];
			}else{//for future development(like edit account, delete...)
				$vars['layout'] = 'default3';
			}
		} break;
		case 'news' :{
			if($count == 1){//if just to look into all news
				$vars['id']    = '';
			}else if($count ==3){//if to look in somebodys account
				$vars['id']    = $segments[$count-1];
			}else{
				$vars['id']    = '';
			}
		} break;

default:{
			$vars['view'] = 'default';
		} break;

}

return $vars;
}
this was for convert a SEF URLto a system URL, converting system URL to SEF URL is analyzing income data, searching for Itemid and it's menu element and getting all data from those menu

Presto-X
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Presto-X » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:54 pm

Very nice, thanks for the code Bumbu :)

atulingale
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by atulingale » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 pm

I have faced this issue today when i upgraded my Joomla Installation from 1.5.22 to 1.5.23. Tried to look for the fix and have got below post where the easy fix is available to this issue but got it after long searching so i am marking a post link here.

This issue is causing because of performing implode on empty string.

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=1931512
Regards,
Atul
Web Designer & SEO Consultant
Dreamz Infotech - http://www.dreamz-infotech.com

Return to “Administration 1.5”