VM extended search not working

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
DianaRae
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

VM extended search not working

Post by DianaRae » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:40 pm

Hello,

My Info:
Joomla 1.5.21
Virtuemart 1.1.4 (with VM extended search enabled)
sh404SEF 2.1.6.749
VM Cherry Picker Mod

I noticed that the search between Joomla & VM no longer works. It worked just fine a couple of weeks ago. But, since then I have upgraded Joomla (to current) and sh404SEF to the newest version this week.

Nothing at all in the VM database can be searched on from the joomla search. I typed in one of the safes TL30 and it says "nothing found". Or a manufacturer like Amsec "nothing found".

http://www.yoursecurityexperts.com

I am not sure why the extended search stopped working. But, I have no clue if it is due to the newest joolma version or due to sh404SEF or something else entirely.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated as I am at a loss here.
Last edited by DianaRae on Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

mwenz
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: VM extended search not working

Post by mwenz » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:54 am

Hello Diana,

I am using J 1.5.21 and VM 1.14 as well. VM extended search works fine. The difference between our set ups is I don't have sh404SEF installed.

So I would disable it, clear the cache and try again. If extended search then works again contact the plug-in writer.

Take care, Mike

Oops. I just checked the site to see if you sorted this out. I simply typed in 'safe' and the return was:

stdClass Object ( [id] => 1 [title] => Welcome to All-Safes Blog [alias] => welcome-to-all-safes-blog [title_alias] => [introtext] => Welcome to our new blog.

We will use this blog to update you with new product information, special deals or discounts, security news & miscellaneous [spam] and access control information.

If you have any comments, or questions, please feel free to post!
[fulltext] => [state] => 1 [sectionid] => 0 [image] => logo.png [catid] => 1 [created] => 2010-03-30 18:40:00 [created_by] => 62 [created_by_alias] => [modified] => 2010-09-24 20:45:26 [modified_by] => 62 [checked_out] => 0 [checked_out_time] => 0000-00-00 00:00:00 [images] => [urls] => [attribs] => allow_comments=1 [pinged] => [version] => 74 [metakey] => blog [metadesc] => [access] => 1 [hits] => 83 [metadata] => robots=index, follow author= )

mwenz
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by mwenz » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:59 am

A second search for CCTV returned proper results. No idea why I got the above.

Mike

DianaRae
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by DianaRae » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:33 am

hm yes I see that too when I type safes. That is lyften bloggie. I'll have to figure that out too.

I did what you said. I disabled sh404SEF completely for VM, cleared the cache & still nothing.

sigh I don't get it. :(

DianaRae
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by DianaRae » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:57 am

I still dont get it - BUT it is working now.

I just uninstalled the VM extended search plugin completely then cleared the cache & reinstalled. Everything now is working.

Bizarre.

Thanks for trying to help.

mwenz
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by mwenz » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:33 am

Glad you got it.

I searched a bit on both the VM and RT forums. You are not the first person to have a conflict with some of the RT components and VM (and several other major components, not just VM).

Best regards, Mike

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”