search local Intranet for bad/broken links?

This forum is for extensions for Joomla! version 1.0

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
fmjoomie
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

search local Intranet for bad/broken links?

Post by fmjoomie » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:03 pm

Hi all, does anybody know how to run thru a Joomla! 1.5 installation/root directory and discover bad links on pages?

My job implemented 1.5, and we used DOCman & DOCman Populate to get files over & categorized into Joomla upgrade. However, is there a way to check thru our Joomla! site and discover any bad links referred to (or broken links on pages throughout)?

OR do we have to go page by page in user mode/browsing, click on every single link listed, and poke around for every single bad link?

Our document path has changed, with dumping everything into "dmdocuments" via DOCman typical use.....and we don't want the "oldpathname" looked at by any documents/links.

Please advise, thank you. :)

Markstein
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: search local Intranet for bad/broken links?

Post by Markstein » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:36 pm

I am assuming you are asking about a 1.5 installation since you stated so above but posted in the joomla 1.0 section of the forum.

There is an extension (commercial) that will check bad links:

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... inks/12815

You could also search on google for "find broken links on website"

Mark

fmjoomie
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by fmjoomie » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:43 pm

Hi Mark,

Thanks for quick reply. Sorry about the wrong version area? I didn't realize this message was going to 1.0. I just have the Joomla! Discussion Forums at the top of the page after logging into forum.joomla.org and i posted a question. How can i tell (i'm looking around the page...) that i'm posting for 1.0 instead of the 1.5? ???

So i'm on 1.5, yes. I did look at the extension you linked below, but it's a purchase item, and my job isn't too big on doing that at this budding phase with this new intranet attempt. Buying DOCman populate was one thing (due to the thousands of docs) but this is another at this point.

Also, i did use search engines for "broken links" and such, but most everything is an online check (not used for an internal/local intranet site, without a domain). So i have no http URL to pop into those online link-check apps.

Make sense?
fredrick

Markstein
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by Markstein » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:32 pm

Hmm..the only thing I could find relating something to "intranet" is this:

http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html

Perhaps someone else will have a better idea.

As for realizing where you are currently on the joomla forums you can scroll towards the top of the page where you will see:

Board index » Joomla! Older Version Support » Joomla! 1.0 » Extensions - 1.0.x

Simply click on Board index OR simply click on Forum in the menu at the very top of the page. If you don't have much luck with other users posting here perhaps you could make a new topic in the 1.5 forum section.

Mark

fmjoomie
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by fmjoomie » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:03 pm

Okay Mark, i'll repost onto the 1.5 forum, don't know how i ended up on this one but....

Thanks for the replies. Actually i've been looking at the Xenu possibility since this morning, but it's not what i was looking for....it appears to only want to search "html" locations. Joomla extension on the index page is "php" yes? :(

Return to “Extensions - 1.0.x”