SOLVED - Request Entity Too Large Error

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
EJgeek13
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

SOLVED - Request Entity Too Large Error

Post by EJgeek13 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:07 pm

I am getting this error message when I try to install extensions on a client's site:

Code: Select all

Request Entity Too Large

The requested resource
/administrator/index.php
does not allow request data with POST requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit.
I've turned on the FTP and configured that, but it still gives me this error message. I have contacted the hosting company and they basically said that I needed to post something here because it's not their problem. Also, the configuration.php is not editable in Global Configuration, despite changing it to 777.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
Thanks!
Evan
Last edited by EJgeek13 on Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Geek Extraordinaire!
http://websites4wings.com

sameg
I've been banned!

Re: Request Entity Too Large Error

Post by sameg » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:22 am

This is the problem in with hosting company only..
they may ban some keywords in URL ...thats why this error getting..

EJgeek13
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Request Entity Too Large Error

Post by EJgeek13 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:03 am

[quote="JTS-post Problem Description"]Cannot install extensions[/quote][quote="JTS-post Log/Error Message"]Request Entity Too Large[/quote][quote="JTS-post Log/Error Message"]The requested resource /administrator/index.php does not allow request data with POST requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit.[/quote][quote="JTS-post Actions Taken To Resolve"]Turning on Joomla FTP[/quote]
JTS-post Diagnostic Information wrote:Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.21 Stable [ senu takaa ama wepulai ] 08-October-2010 18:00 GMT
configuration.php: Not Writable (Mode: 644 ) | Architecture/Platform: Linux 2.6.18-028stab068.3 ( i686) | Web Server: Apache/2.0.46 (CentOS) ( icando.org ) | PHP Version: 4.3.2
PHP Requirements: register_globals: Disabled | magic_quotes_gpc: Enabled | safe_mode: Disabled | MySQL Support: Yes | XML Support: Yes | zlib Support: Yes
mbstring Support (1.5 or above): Yes | iconv Support (1.5 or above): Yes | save.session_path: Writable | Max.Execution Time: 30 seconds | File Uploads: Enabled
MySQL Version: 3.23.58 ( Localhost via UNIX socket )
JTS-post Extended Information wrote:SEF: Disabled (without ReWrite) | Legacy Mode: Disabled | FTP Layer: Enabled | htaccess: Implemented
PHP/suExec: User and Web Server accounts are not the same. (PHP/suExec probably not installed)
PHP Environment: API: apache2filter | MySQLi: No | Max. Memory: 32M | Max. Upload Size: 2M | Max. Post Size: 8M | Max. Input Time: 60 | Zend Version: 1.3.0
Disabled Functions:
MySQL Client: 3.23.58 ( latin1 )

Here is my information. The hosting company says they need definite answers from you guys in order to fix this issue.
Thanks!
Evan
Geek Extraordinaire!

EJgeek13
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: SOLVED - Request Entity Too Large Error

Post by EJgeek13 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:49 pm

The hosting company (after I threatened to switch companies) fixed the problem and this was what they said:
"There is a "LimitRequestBody" setting in the apache config that needs to be set,
even if you are using FTP to move files with. In this case I had to set it to be
larger than the 530 KB file you were trying to open."

So, if anyone has the same problem, this is what you should tell your hosting company. Also, I don't recommend getting hosting from ChristianWebHost.com. Their support is a nightmare.

Evan
Geek Extraordinaire!

Return to “Administration 1.5”