Old Database Backup

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
flashpointmm
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Old Database Backup

Post by flashpointmm » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:11 pm

I foolishly played around with an instal of 1.6 in a separate folder on my site and managed to overwrite the database for the existing site. During the instal process I was given the option to check a box and backup the old database (which probably gave me the confidence to proceed past that point). I can't find the backup file I presume was created at the time and was hoping someone can tell me where it resides (and if I can save my original database).

Thanks in advance,

Tony

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Old Database Backup

Post by toivo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:51 pm

The backup is not actually a file. Have a look at the names of the tables in your current database. The old tables should appear in the same database with a bak_ prefix or similar.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

flashpointmm
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by flashpointmm » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:32 am

Thanks for the quick response Toivo. Will let you know how I get on once I work out why MyPHP isn't working! (grrrr)

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:49 am

If you export the bak_ Tables to an sql file you can do a search/replace in a plain text editor to rename the prefix. I do not know of a way to do it en masse with PhpMyAdmin.
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results": Albert Einstein

flashpointmm
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by flashpointmm » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Success. Thanks for your help guys... saved me a LOT of work rebuilding.

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 2.5”